THE BROWNS BOARD

Cornell University Dean: ISIS is welcome on our Campus

WalterWhite

“The university is not going to look at different groups and say, ‘You’re not allowed to support that group because we don’t believe them’ or something like that. I think it’s just the opposite. I think the university wants the entire community to understand what’s going on in all parts of the world,” Scaffido said.

THAT MONSTER!

anything to denigrate our country in one way or another.

IOW's, that liberal invites the daesh sp?, because it

would undermine the security of the country he doesn't believe in,

that is now threatening to murder military folks' families here in the states..

the military they don't believe in........ like I posted in another thread.

“The university is not going to look at different groups and say, ‘You’re not allowed to support that group because we don’t believe them’ or something like that. I think it’s just the opposite. I think the university wants the entire community to understand what’s going on in all parts of the world,” Scaffido said.

THAT MONSTER!

You're an idiot...and the Dean isn't a monster, he's an idiot like you, pandering to someone he thinks is a Middle Easterner.

"Understand whats going on in all parts of the world" the dean says? Were not talking about the daily lives of Tibetan monks here, and even an idiot like you should by now be over your denial of what ISIS does and what ISIS is about.

THAT MONSTER!

A group that beheads people. The rapes and murders children? I think we already understand ISIS. There is no defense of this idiotic comment.

THAT MONSTER!

Woody I really do have a hard time thinking you're serious.

A group that throw gays off rooftops, rapes children, beheads people, and is committing atrocities?

We need to "understand them"

You really are a fucking dumbass.

Woody, would you welcome Nazis? NAMBLA? The Klan? I'm guessing yes since none of these three are any more offensive or dangerous Isis?

WSS

I don't think there's any harm in understanding how these groups tick. Performing the actions they do, that's another story.

There is a whole world of difference between allowing discussion about ISIS and endorsing what they do. The standard american "HULK SMASH!!!" response to things like this advocated by so many here will only get you so far. You can kill the soldiers/terrorists, with some long protracted ground war, but killing their ideology is much, much more difficult. A lot of the people joining them are young, and will be around for decades to come - the ideology will live on in them, and they in turn will recruit more.

It is imperative to destroying ISIS that we understand their motives, in order to counter their recruitment drives.

I don't think there's any harm in understanding how these groups tick. Performing the actions they do, that's another story.

I think there are movements, people, groups etc that deserve to be ostracized and not given the legitimacy of a platform.

Would you give them a booth at a job fair on a college campus if they applied? Let's say ROTC, Dow Chemical, Halliburton and Monsanto had booth?

(I'm guessing you would not but I'll let you answer for yourself, you can answer to Chris)

WSS

Reserve Officer Training Corps. it was a bigger deal when I was in college in the early seventies. There was a big anti Nixon pro peace feeling spreading across the collegiate world and many wanted ROTC taken off campus. They would pay for an amount of schooling for which you would take some officer training and pledge an amount of time to the armed forces going in as a second lieutenant. doesn't seem like a bad deal for someone interested in the military.

Doug Niedermeyer in Animal House, remember?

WSS

“In the moment when I truly understand my enemy, understand him well enough to defeat him, then in that very moment I also love him. I think it’s impossible to really understand somebody, what they want, what they believe, and not love them the way they love themselves. And then, in that very moment when I love them.... I destroy them.” Ender Wiggin

There is a whole world of difference between allowing discussion about ISIS and endorsing what they do. The standard american "HULK SMASH!!!" response to things like this advocated by so many here will only get you so far. You can kill the soldiers/terrorists, with some long protracted ground war, but killing their ideology is much, much more difficult. A lot of the people joining them are young, and will be around for decades to come - the ideology will live on in them, and they in turn will recruit more.

It is imperative to destroying ISIS that we understand their motives, in order to counter their recruitment drives.

So we could bore them to death by talking to them like the brits? Thats why your empire is gone.

Ok quotes aside I think we know our enemy. I also believe we don't have the stomach to defeat him. The enemy has no country, no capital No places of reverence we can destroy. They do probably have families. Even though they are butchers I would imagine they would respond to butchery. If we could cobble together enough intelligence about Isis fighters we could assassinate their wives children cousins and friends. We have to be willing to fight brutality with brutality. And I don't think we can.

Is that a good thing or not?

WSS

I think there are movements, people, groups etc that deserve to be ostracized and not given the legitimacy of a platform.

Would you give them a booth at a job fair on a college campus if they applied? Let's say ROTC, Dow Chemical, Halliburton and Monsanto had booth?

(I'm guessing you would not but I'll let you answer for yourself, you can answer to Chris)

WSS

I had a job offer from one of those companies that I turned down.

ROTC is a thing at Michigan too

Ok quotes aside I think we know our enemy. I also believe we don't have the stomach to defeat him. The enemy has no country, no capital No places of reverence we can destroy. They do probably have families. Even though they are butchers I would imagine they would respond to butchery. If we could cobble together enough intelligence about Isis fighters we could assassinate their wives children cousins and friends. We have to be willing to fight brutality with brutality. And I don't think we can.

Is that a good thing or not?

WSS

You are saying that because of their butchery, we should respond with butchery; and that if we respond with butchery they will stop what they're doing? I'm sorry, but that logic doesn't really follow through.

So we should invite them to the white house for a beer and ask them why they behead innocent people online, rape and murder kids, destroy ancient monuments, terrorize christians, etc.? I think we know why already. They hate us and want us gone. No need to have a sleep over. Kill the mother fuckers.

So we should invite them to the white house for a beer and ask them why they behead innocent people online, rape and murder kids, destroy ancient monuments, terrorize christians, etc.? I think we know why already. They hate us and want us gone. No need to have a sleep over. Kill the mother fuckers.

Why do they hate us? How are they able to convince young adults to grab some money and travel half way around the world to join? How do we find a way not only to win this war but to make sure we don't create the next group?

You are saying that because of their butchery, we should respond with butchery; and that if we respond with butchery they will stop what they're doing? I'm sorry, but that logic doesn't really follow through.

Actually I think I said respond to butchery with even more severe butchery.

And I certainly said we don't have the stomach to do it. So we fuck around hope they get tired of it. I don't know what type of negotiation or appeasement or recognition might bring them into the world of civilization. What do you think?

WSS

Archived