THE BROWNS BOARD

Navy Bans Chaplain

OldBrownsFan

I understand where you are coming from, faith does not make sense sometimes. One of our best friends is a gay woman who we treat like family. She knows we can never approve of her lifestyle. We just try and set a good example for her by how we live.

Would you expect her to approve of your lifestyle? What exactly is it in the writings of an old book that makes you right and her wrong? Do you realize how much this world has changed in the time between the bible and now? Of course you do. Devil's advocate asks what makes you right and her wrong?

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Listen this is one of the areas where I'm actually quite liberal. I literally do not give the first shit if gay people get married. If their choices aren't hurting you or anyone else leave then alone to do their thing. Abortion is hurting people. Gay marriage is not.

How does abortion hurt people?

Woody - thank you for that statement. It shows you are reasonable and are allowed to disagree.

Thanks?

I mean, to each your own. I think we'd be better off without religion, but I have no right to tell you what to believe.

The issue arises when religious beliefs actually affect and discriminate against others.

Would you expect her to approve of your lifestyle? She does approve of my lifestyle What exactly is it in the writings of an old book that makes you right and her wrong? It is the truth Do you realize how much this world has changed in the time between the bible and now? Technology changes but people do not change Of course you do. Devil's advocate asks what makes you right and her wrong? the book I believe to be God's word which you think of as just an old book

How do you know it is the truth?

(I'm really not trying to be combative here, I just want to see where this goes, and you have been very cooperative so far)

I could google search why the bible is the truth and give you many answers but then you could google search why the bible isn't the truth and find things to counter it. I could give you scriptures but that would be from a book you don't believe in. I really don't know how I could prove it to you. I have read stories where atheists read the bible to prove it wrong only to become believers. The answer is truth has to be revealed 1 Cor 2:14 but now I am back giving you an answer from a book you don't believe in.

Liberals strongly tend to not believe in anything

greater than themselves.

They can't handle not being the all important focus of everything.

Don't believe in our Flag, Constitution, patriotism, God, Bible, real marriage,

suv's, pickup trucks, Jesus, military, our borders, history, our RIGHT to have GUNS, and they hate

anybody who does, pretty much. That's just a short list.

But they do embrace any cause that will denigrate any of the above.

Liberals strongly tend to not believe in anything

greater than themselves.

They can't handle not being the all important focus of everything.

Don't believe in our Flag, Constitution, patriotism, God, Bible, real marriage,

suv's, pickup trucks, Jesus, military, our borders, history, our RIGHT to have GUNS, and they hate

anybody who does, pretty much. That's just a short list.

But they do embrace any cause that will denigrate any of the above.

Can you go away? We were having a very nice conversation in here.

OldBrownsFan I think we have a different definition of the word truth and I will respectfully agree to disagree.

Of course, you have a different definition of truth. It's what libs do - they just are

never wrong, they just change definitions of words and subjects.

After all, when they believe that nothing is greater than themselves, it's important

to do whatever it takes to never have to honestly appraise issues. They just

twist words around, in really ignorant bursts of emotionalist venting.

Like you just did, blowey.

Of course, you have a different definition of truth. It's what libs do - they just are

After all, when they believe that nothing is greater than themselves, it's important

Cal, you have a religious guy saying that he believes the Bible is the truth and a nonbeliever who believes there is nothing greater than what is going on right now. So because the nonbeliever says there are different versions of the truth for everyone instead of just being a jerkoff and saying "no, I am right and you are wrong" then somehow the nonbeliever is some sort of manipulator who "never has to honestly appraise issues". We aren't talking about whether or not 2+2=4. It is a faith based issue that most definitely means something different to each person.

I vote red you fucking Retard. You don't know me. Got anything else up that old sleeve of yours?

Cal, you have a religious guy saying that he believes the Bible is the truth and a nonbeliever who believes there is nothing greater than what is going on right now. So because the nonbeliever says there are different versions of the truth for everyone instead of just being a jerkoff and saying "no, I am right and you are wrong" then somehow the nonbeliever is some sort of manipulator who "never has to honestly appraise issues". We aren't talking about whether or not 2+2=4. It is a faith based issue that most definitely means something different to each person.

This is exactly it. My mother is religious where I am more spiritual if anything. There is energy in this world and the more positivity you give off through actions thoughts and being kind to others the more positive energy comes your way. Difference is I don't read a book telling me to do these things. I just do them because it's the right thing to do. Call it the laws of attraction.

Now there is nothing wrong with religion, like I've been saying this whole time. I respect yours and my mother's beliefs. But wait where were we? Oh yeah, libtard this! Libtard that! Everyone but cal is automatically a libtard!

This is exactly it. My mother is religious where I am more spiritual if anything. There is energy in this world and the more positivity you give off through actions thoughts and being kind to others the more positive energy comes your way. Difference is I don't read a book telling me to do these things. I just do them because it's the right thing to do. Call it the laws of attraction.

Now there is nothing wrong with religion, like I've been saying this whole time. I respect yours and my mother's beliefs. But wait where were we? Oh yeah, libtard this! Libtard that! Everyone but cal is automatically a libtard!

That's all very nice, but when subject of abortion or gay marriage comes up the average libtard who professes to be tolerant becomes condescending, ridiculing those that believe in some imaginary man living in the sky and a fairytale storybook called the Bible.

That's what libtards do....they talk out of both sides of their mouth. Cal was exactly right.

That's all very nice, but when subject of abortion or gay marriage comes up the average libtard who professes to be tolerant becomes condescending, ridiculing those that believe in some imaginary man living in the sky and a fairytale storybook called the Bible.

That's what libtards do....they talk out of both sides of their mouth. Cal was exactly right.

I think you and Cal are arguing with some liberal boogeyman that isn't posting here.

And yeah, I think nonbelievers get a little irritated when someone is trying to have their religious beliefs influence law that applies to everyone including people of other faiths or no faith at all. If I don't like something, I just don't do it. I don't try to make others around me adhere to my beliefs.

OldBrownsFan I think we have a different definition of the word truth blowehard

*********************************************************************************************

So, here ya go, Log. This is what I was referring to.

Cal, you have a religious guy saying that he believes the Bible is the truth and a nonbeliever who believes there is nothing greater than what is going on right now. So because the nonbeliever says there are different versions of the truth for everyone instead of just being a jerkoff and saying "no, I am right and you are wrong" then somehow the nonbeliever is some sort of manipulator who "never has to honestly appraise issues". We aren't talking about whether or not 2+2=4. It is a faith based issue that most definitely means something different to each person. Log

But I am not talking about people discussing different beliefs. I'm talking about blowehard saying that he has

a different definition of the WORD "truth". You missed my point, but it's my fault, I reckon, because I didn't put

TRUTH in quotes.

Libs strongly tend to argue issues emotionally, and when they (usually) end up on thin ice,

they simply change the definitions of their words so they are still "justified" in their stances. The primary example

is when libs were losing their dramatic declaration of man made global warming doom, instead of backing up a bit,

and looking at ALL the science, they simply redefine it by using different words - so, "climate change" is now

what they were referring to as "man made global warming". Which, is obviously bogus, since climate does change

all the time, going back before the Pleistocene era of earth's history. What they are still dishonestly referring to,

is "man made global warming" pleas to allow them to control, and major liberal politicians to profit from,

all the various activities of people.

And, on a grander olde time global liberal scale... redistribute wealth

to around the globe. And that's exactly why the Kyoto Treaty excluded the most polluting countries on earth -

China and India, to name a few. Because it was all about redistribution of wealth, and having poor countries

involved with the requirements of the treaty defied the intent of the stupid treaty in the first place.

It was figured out, and that treaty went kablooey.

We all have different beliefs.It's when you are ridiculed for not following the standard liberal line that it gets

all emotional and screwed up with bickering about what the defintion of "IS" is. See? That's another example.

Cal, I think you are taking a discussion about religion and using it as a means to start a totally different discussion. That is fine but the use of the word "truth" does have a different connotation than other discussions/situations. I think you are letting your dislike of Blowe's other views filter into this discussion. Oldbrownsfan and Blowe seem to be having a pretty reasonable discussion.

And yeah, I think nonbelievers get a little irritated when someone is trying to have their religious beliefs influence law that applies to everyone including people of other faiths or no faith at all. If I don't like something, I just don't do it. I don't try to make others around me adhere to my beliefs. Logic

And, Logic, you said the above. I have never ridiculed any atheist for not believing as I do. I don't believe

any spiritual person has. But soooo often, we get ridiculed in response to discussing issues.

"magic book" - and all the other denigrating terms for God. Once, okay, maybe twice, when

someone was asking about my beliefs, what it was based on, I told the story about how I almost

died when I was a kid, alone, way out in our woods, in a spring, in one of the coldest, snowiest days

of that winter, early morning.

Know what I got from one idiot? The "magic" slur. Again and again and again. And from another, I got a very, very angry, emotional response from an atheist who was outraged about how I came to understand the miracle of my being

around since that early morning near-tragedy. He had never had that understanding, in his life, he had the opposite,

which is so sad - but our different understandings are ...eh...understandable. But it was not me in both

cases that ridiculed someone else for having different experiences and beliefs. It was both liberals.

So, liberals wax emotionally in disagreement, and any time their beliefs don't get the "required" submission

of approval by others, they simply change the definition of commonly used words, and veer the subject

to one direction or another.

Cal, I think you are taking a discussion about religion and using it as a means to start a totally different discussion. That is fine but the use of the word "truth" does have a different connotation than other discussions/situations. I think you are letting your dislike of Blowe's other views filter into this discussion. Oldbrownsfan and Blowe seem to be having a pretty reasonable discussion. Log

Yes, they were. I simply picked out another example of a liberal using a different definition when he wasn't

winning his discussion. then he kneejerked emotionally and started the name calling.

We can all believe what we want. I think religious beliefs are baseless and not grounded in fact. I have not seen an argument to suggest otherwise. In my mind, it is a "magic" book and a "magic man" in the sky, because no real arguments can be found to support religious claims. Call me a heathen, savage, uncultured, whatever. I wont care because I know why I think what I do and what argument is made for it.

Also, again, anger and fear are emotions. The right plays to emotions as well.

Also, not everyone that disagrees with you is a liberal. The liberals aren't out to get you. Calm down overly paranoid Rob Lowe

Another example of lib self-defense mechanisms. I simply voiced my opinion about lib

tendencies, referring to a general group of people, and the anger got rolling, telling me to

butt out of the thread.

Oooooooooh. Scary. Sorry, blowehard, but I'm fine with people disagreeing. I disagree a lot,

and a lot of folks disagree with me on different subjects. But liberals tend to go irate when they

are disagreed with - look at the "denier" of mmgw theories. They want to persecute them.

Either get them kicked off a board.....@@, or...

1. Obama 'Absolutely' Wants To Go Off On Climate Change Deniers ...
    www.huffingtonpost.com/.../obama-climate-change-deniers_n...Cached

Jun 07, 2014 · Around the Web. Obama Admits That He Wants to Go Off On RepublicanClimate Change Deniers. Obama: Climate Change Deniers Are 'Wasting Everybody's Time'

2. Arrest Climate-Change Deniers - Gawker - Today's gossip is ...
    gawker.com/arrest-climate-change-deniers-1553719888

Willful, profiteering public deniers of climate change can compare themselves to Galileo all they want, pretending that they're voices of sanity in a cruel wilderness.

Archived