THE BROWNS BOARD

What's your favorite vacation or getaway place?

mjp28

If I had to chose one place (not counting Morocoy National Park on the coast of Venezuela because I can't go safely), it would be St. John Island, US Virgin Islands just for the wonderful snorkeling in so many places around the island. My kids still talk about that trip almost 30 years after the fact, because where else can you swim with barracudas and a fully mature queen anglefish all in one place.

queen-angelfish-1-5394829.jpg

If I had to chose one place (not counting Morocoy National Park on the coast of Venezuela because I can't go safely), it would be St. John Island, US Virgin Islands just for the wonderful snorkeling in so many places around the island. My kids still talk about that trip almost 30 years after the fact, because where else can you swim with barracudas and a fully mature queen anglefish all in one place.

queen-angelfish-1-5394829.jpg

That's certainly a good choice. One of my favorites. Though the one bucket list trip I have to the Carrib is St. Croix....and maybe Puerto Rico.

For you fishermen, I am going to southern Indiana later in the summer. Staying at a resort in French Lick, Indiana (home of Larry Bird). I am going to be doing some sightseeing with a friend, but I am also trying to get my son to go along, since we will have at least three days of "down time" (i.e. days that we are not out hitting the road hard sightseeing). On these down days I have said to him that he could do fishing in nearby lakes/rivers.

Don't know if anyone knows anything about them: Patoka Lake, Tucker Lake, French Lick Creek ???

Archived