THE BROWNS BOARD

So... How are you spending your Bye-Sunday?

Tour2ma

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Indian summer is when the leaves have fallen, and the weather is

beautifully warm. Happens every year about the beginning of bow deer

season, and I'm hiking our woods.

Wonderful time to squirrel hunt. Squirrel and dumplings will be on my late fall menu.

Mowed some of the yard, helped a friend celebrate his new house completion with a little Chianti I brought back from Italy and basked in the afterglow of the A&M come from behind victory in OT over the piggies. Yep, a really nice day before heading to New England to see the turning leaves this coming Wed.

Making a new log rack, split more wood, bale hay, make

some more ground cherry/husk tomato jam, and some vidalia onion

relish, and salsa, all canned, while I watch the last quarter of the squeeler

and ratbird games while hoping some squeeler players get injured,

and the squeeler fans get flat tires on the way home.

Oh, and taking a walk out in our woods. Lunch time is almost over,

and I want to watch the rest of Tailgate 19 with Kosar and Golic.

And ignoring the chatter from "Chuck", the guy on the far left.

man your list made me feel really lazy. Love the recipe for that jam. Mik recipe for that bread too! I see a couple of you were fishing. Were you after steelhead? I used to kill them in Vermillion. I had a bit of sore throat today so my treatment was $50 worth of Fanduel then some shopping while Sirius radio told me how much my rosters sucked lol!!

Mowed some of the yard, helped a friend celebrate his new house completion with a little Chianti I brought back from Italy and basked in the afterglow of the A&M come from behind victory in OT over the piggies. Yep, a really nice day before heading to New England to see the turning leaves this coming Wed.

we were rooting hard against both A and M and FLA ST, but i guess that's why they are great teams.....

cheers to your cat!

I lazed around following a two day drinking session (wedding Friday and Saturday my soccer team had our biggest game of the season against Arsenal, we hate them) watching red zone, cheering on Tampa and Carolina (shocking) and eating a curry made with Naga chilli to sweat the booze out!

I lazed around following a two day drinking session (wedding Friday and Saturday my soccer team had our biggest game of the season against Arsenal, we hate them) watching red zone, cheering on Tampa and Carolina (shocking) and eating a curry made with Naga chilli to sweat the booze out!

Must have been feeling good for about 10 minutes in that game!

man your list made me feel really lazy. Love the recipe for that jam. Mik recipe for that bread too! I see a couple of you were fishing. Were you after steelhead? I used to kill them in Vermillion. I had a bit of sore throat today so my treatment was $50 worth of Fanduel then some shopping while Sirius radio told me how much my rosters sucked lol!!

It's a little early for steelies. I was catching some big bluegill on the 3 & 4wt fly rods.

Mike

Must have been feeling good for about 10 minutes in that game!

I had us down for a 5-0 defeat before the game mate so buzzing for those 16 mins yeah. Take a draw there I guess but always disappointing when you lead and don't hold on.

Since I'm usually busy on Sunday evenings, I always watch the game on Monday mornings at work (multiple screens FTW). No game this week, so what am I watching? Steelers dramatic, last minute, come-from-in-front loss, of course!

It's a little early for steelies. I was catching some big bluegill on the 3 & 4wt fly rods.

Mike

You go fly fishing for blue gill? Hadn't heard of that. I am not a fisherman, but I am going on a fly fishing trip to Montana with my son next week. But I figure they will be going for trout. My job will be to take photos....and use the net if necessary.

You go fly fishing for blue gill? Hadn't heard of that.

Never heard of that either.....blue gills drive me crazy....annoying little nubs they are....but they are GREAT food for my bass and blue cats....

I do like to shoot them with a 22 though..... they make great moving targets....and it's a good way to cull the herd, while making fish food for the big boys.....

Here's my standard fishin set up....rods, tackle box, cooler, radio.......and 22..... :)

post-28424-0-70592000-1412008981_thumb.jpg

Never heard of that either.....blue gills drive me crazy....annoying little nubs they are....but they are GREAT food for my bass and blue cats....

I do like to shoot them with a 22 though..... they make great moving targets....and it's a good way to cull the herd, while making fish food for the big boys.....

Here's my standard fishin set up....rods, tackle box, cooler, radio.......and 22..... :)

What? No dynamite? :o

man your list made me feel really lazy. Love the recipe for that jam. JCam

I take it that you are familiar with ground cherries, they are also called "husk tomatoes".

It's actually a tomato, kin to the family of tomatillos.

They come in a wrapper that is brown when they fall off the vine to the ground.

You get about 300 of them or so, from one plant.

Here's two recipes, I used the jam one. The pectin jam recipe makes more of a spread,

I haven't done the preserves - I guess that makes more of a solid paste with whole chunks.

I made jam with pectin, and used my food processor to blend them into mash.

http://www.cdkitchen.com/recipes/recs/7/Ground-Cherry-Jam100879.shtml

What? No dynamite? :o

hahaha.......no dynamite for fishin.......dont want to kill the whole pond.....just a few pesky ones....;)

BUT, I would LOVE to use dynamite for cutting down a few trees..... fast.......after all, it is time to stock up on firewood

Archived