THE BROWNS BOARD

Gilbert in the first round?

Opal312

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Players do get hurt and can be put into impossible situations(like couch or C. Brown) and can ultimately be considered busts.....Ill agree to that.......and I can consider Couch a bust, because he was never great.....I just can't say he was the wrong pick. I think it's more obvious that we were the wrong team.

But a "bust" is not necessarily the fault of the GM or where a player got picked. Nor does it mean they were bad picks or bad players. No one can predict when an injury will happen and it certainly isnt the GM's fault when it does.....and when your team completely sucks, it's hard to look good, even if you are good......

Maybe if the Browns picked McNabb, we would be discussing how terrible(and fragile) he was and why didnt we picked Couch????......you never know.....

Yup, MHO- you have to differentiate between "lousy player" (Jamarcus Russell & Ryan Leaf) busts, and "injury" busts. KI-Jana Carter is the prime example there.The Browns Lawyer Tillman comes to mind. Who knows how good Knievel Winslow could have been if he hadn't been trying to do wheelies on a crotch rocket? Had a semi-decent career playing on a shot knee.. RG Knee is one ACL away from joining that list. I think Sam Bradford is knocking on the door of the Club too.

Timid was one of the biggest busts of all time. He had a ten-cent mind. Dumb as hell. Emotionally weak. Inaccurate. Gutless.

Biggest mistake we ever made was resigning him to a new contract after it was apparent he was a pussy.

Yup, MHO- you have to differentiate between "lousy player" (Jamarcus Russell & Ryan Leaf) busts, and "injury" busts.

Yup... two words... Greg Cook.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-top-ten/09000d5d807434bc/Top-Ten-One-Shot-Wonders-Greg-Cook

Archived