THE BROWNS BOARD

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

Vers

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Khalil Mack would have been a very wise pick at #4 and at 26 you get Gilbert or Fuller. A quarterback in the second round like Garopallo (who looks like a good replacement for Brady) should have been the way to go. Ray Farmer's circus-like maneuvers during the draft did more harm than good. You have to have a good team before you start trading away for next year. The Browns made a statement by trading away the #4 pick for a #1 next year.

It was a lousy draft considering the huge crop of talent on both sides of the ball.

And for those who are hating on Mike Evans; there is no quarterback in Tampa!!!

Evans, Khalil Mack, Ryan Shazier, Kyle Fuller, Carr, Garapollo, kelvin Benjamin all would have fit nicely.

Can we trade Walter to another forum?

Yeah with JFF handing out Snickers to everyone! :P

You are going to milk this for all it's worth aren't you...

We should had taken MACK at 4 and then grab Carr or Bridgewater later...

Mack has been fock'n lights out!

http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2014/09/23/khalil-mack-is-everything-the-oakland-raiders-wanted-and-more/

"His 8.5 rating against the run is by far the best around the league, with Von Miller coming in second at a modest 5.5. Put simply, Mack has been dominant, and he’s just getting started."

As much as I loved Sammy, when Mack was available at 4, I had to set Sammie aside.

That said, I still like the move we made trading down.

Seemed like only two weeks ago accounts were that Mack was looking lost on the field... Wonder what changed???

They've played 3 games. 3 fucking games.

No the fuck they haven't. It's not just 3 fucking games.

Joe Haden has been here for 5 seasons and looks like dogshit.

Phil Taylor has been here for 4 seasons and looks like dogshit and never does anything. He was too fat for camp

Donte Whitner has been in the NFL for how long? He is collecting a retirement check.

Barkevious Mingo looks worse than both Anthony Barr and Khalil Mack who are rookies 3 games in and look good as hell.

Ahta Rubin does NOTHING and has been here how fucking long?

Justin Gilbert looks like a fucking child compared to Fuller, Roby, Dennard, and Varrett.

Our veterans suck fucking dick this year on defense and it's like nobody cares.

The Good- Hoyer played really well, I like the dynamic with Manziel also. It's really refreshing to see a veteran not like Hoyer in here and helping the young stallion get his legs under him. Hawkins has already been the best FA WR that we've ever had, he's also very young and hungry. He's an absolute magician running routes and his hands are exceptional. We will have a very potent WR group when Gordon returns. We put up a huge fight against Baltimore and Pittsburgh.

The Bad- We lost. Benjamin has lost his flair and his confidence, a change may be needed at returner. Haden got beat for the winning field goal, although Whitner should have been there over the top to cut him down sooner. Rookie mistakes from both the players and the Coaching Staff.

The Ugly- We're now 0-2 in the division and although we still have a lot of football left to play we need to get it in gear and turn around our record to keep us in the hunt down the stretch. Penalties, flags and bad calls from the refs- They cannot allow WRs to push off our secondary so consistently and continue to flag us exclusively.

The Forecast- We have 6 winnable games in a row coming up after the bye week and if we capitalize we could really shake things up in the AFCN.

No the fuck they haven't. It's not just 3 fucking games.

Joe Haden has been here for 5 seasons and looks like dogshit.

Phil Taylor has been here for 4 seasons and looks like dogshit and never does anything. He was too fat for camp

Donte Whitner has been in the NFL for how long? He is collecting a retirement check.

Barkevious Mingo looks worse than both Anthony Barr and Khalil Mack who are rookies 3 games in and look good as hell.

Ahta Rubin does NOTHING and has been here how fucking long?

Justin Gilbert looks like a fucking child compared to Fuller, Roby, Dennard, and Varrett.

Our veterans suck fucking dick this year on defense and it's like nobody cares.

No we just aren't panicking like little bitches. New coaches and new systems take time to implement. It's called being realistic.

I can only assume your the type to assume we'll lose if we don't win the coin flip.

It's pussies like you that give our generation, and our culture in general, a bad name.

No we just aren't panicking like little bitches. New coaches and new systems take time to implement. It's called being realistic.

Panicing like little bitches? Our 1st round picks from 2011-2014 are non fucking existent. Joe Haden has been trash. Whitner has been trash.

New coaches, new systems blah blah blah Andy Reid took over the 1-15 Cheifs and turned them into a playoff team. Chip Kelly did it in his first year with The Eagles. Bruce Arians with the Cardinals. Happens every year.

It's always fans like you who have a convenient excuse for losing.

By the way, pussies loved getting fucked, and The Browns defense has been fucked harder than Marcellus Wallace in Pulp Fiction.

So enjoy the losing and mediocrity ya bum!

...on a side note, the recent "losing' that we went through on weeks 1 and 3... those were some of the most enjoyable "losses" I can recall. We rallied from a record low at half-time and damn near won the game! And on the second we were landing big blow after big blow and trading punches with the Ravens in a game that we were supposed to lose, damn near won that one too! There is a light at the end of the tunnel, and this time(I hope and pray) it's not a train!

those were some of the most enjoyable "losses" I can recall.

Enjoyable losses?

Jesus man, I fucking give up with the level of mental Retardation from some of you.

Am I missing something because since when is losing to the Ravens and Steelers in heartbreakers enjoyable?

Good god man, re-evluate yourself.

Panicing like little bitches? Our 1st round picks from 2011-2014 are non fucking existent. Joe Haden has been trash. Whitner has been trash.

New coaches, new systems blah blah blah Andy Reid took over the 1-15 Cheifs and turned them into a playoff team. Chip Kelly did it in his first year with The Eagles. Bruce Arians with the Cardinals. Happens every year.

It's always fans like you who have a convenient excuse for losing.

By the way, pussies loved getting fucked, and The Browns defense has been fucked harder than Marcellus Wallace in Pulp Fiction.

So enjoy the losing and mediocrity ya bum!

No response to the rest of my post? You really are a fucking pussy.

Haden has had a rough start, true. He's also been good enough in the past to be considered a top flight CB. Every single team in the NFL would gladly trade for him right now. Would you sell your stock in Apple after a few rough days? That's a dumb question as I know you would. Any rational human being would realize it would be fucking crazy to do so.

Reid got off to a hot start in KC but look at them now. Kelley is an offensive genius who inherited a team with the talent to fit his offense. Regardless, he will eventually have some bumps in the road. Arians will suffer through the same. There is no such thing as perfect. Even the best will falter. It's human nature.

It has nothing to due to excuses. It's called patience. I know you only became a Browns fan because of JM so this is an unknown quality for you, especially with your complete about face on JM.

Fact of the matter is, you're a front runner, pure and simple. You literally sucked JM's cock for six straight months but now that he isn't starting, you think we should trade him. Gilbert has struggled as expected and you're pimping every other CB taken in the draft. Haden's had a rough start and you're saying he's worthless.

Once any of them have a good game you'll be the first one on your knees begging to feel their salty salvation covering your face, claiming you believed in them all along.

1. You're the pussy happy with losing, faggot.

2. Haden is not a top flight CB and you comparing him to the wealthiest corporation on earth is embarrassing and shows me how fucking foolish you are. No one in the NFL is going to give up a 1st round pick for an average CB with a massive contract.

3. "It's called patience" heard that since 1999 you jerk off.

4. I want Manziel to start and he will, but it wouldn't surprise me to see him traded. Never said I wanted to trade him you absolute dipshit who can't read.

5. You're a fucking idiot, I'll root for any Browns player but I call it as I see it. As I see it, they are overpaid and overrated on defense. It's dumbass sheep like you shoving a 9 dollar hot dog into your mouth inside the stadium with mustard stain on your khaki pants and barrel assed balding head chugging a beer telling everyone to "be patient". Just shut up fatso and realize we are in the cellar again. I'm sure you're one of those assholes who told everyone to be patient with Couch, Quinn, Edwards, Winslow, Warren, Brown, Green, McCoy, Frye, Anderson, Richardson, Weeden etc.

1. You're the pussy happy with losing, faggot.

2. Haden is not a top flight CB and you comparing him to the wealthiest corporation on earth is embarrassing and shows me how fucking foolish you are. No one in the NFL is going to give up a 1st round pick for an average CB with a massive contract.

3. "It's called patience" heard that since 1999 you jerk off.

4. I want Manziel to start and he will, but it wouldn't surprise me to see him traded. Never said I wanted you absolute dipshit who can't read.

5. You're a fucking idiot, I'll root for any Browns player but I call it as I see it. As I see it, they are overpaid and overrated on defense. It's dumbass sheep like you shoving a 9 dollar hot dog into your mouth inside the stadium with mustard stain on your khaki pants and barrel assed balding head chugging a beer telling everyone to "be patient". Just shut up fatso and realize we are in the cellar again.

1) I never said I was happy with losing. I just possess a pair of balls and don't flip out every time something goes wrong.

2) Did you just start watching the NFL this year? I'm sure you believe Kirk Cousins is the best QB in NFL history then.

3) Having patience 3 games into the fucking season is just common sense. Another quality you seem to lack.

4) You sure seemed to get a chubby thinking about the possibility of it.

5) Oh is someone's feelings hurt? Having to assume I'm overweight and balding so you can attempt to hurl pathetic insults. Has JM not responded to a certain someone's erotic fan-fiction?

1) I never said I was happy with losing. I just possess a pair of balls and don't flip out every time something goes wrong.

2) Did you just start watching the NFL this year? I'm sure you believe Kirk Cousins is the best QB in NFL history then.

3) Having patience 3 games into the fucking season is just common sense. Another quality you seem to lack.

4) You sure seemed to get a chubby thinking about the possibility of it.

5) Oh is someone's feelings hurt? Having to assume I'm overweight and balding so you can attempt to hurl pathetic insults. Has JM not responded to a certain someone's erotic fan-fiction?

1. Everytime something goes wrong? It's been a FUCKING TRAIN WRECK NUCLEAR MELTDOWN since 1999.

2. At no point in Joe Haden's career, has he been "elite" by any means. He gives up huge plays all the time.

3. Having patience 3 games into the season? We are already 0-2 against our biggest rivals in games we had in the bag. I've seen this movie befor ya fucking dummy.

4. Manziel is the future. Get over it.

5. No, you just sound like a fat man licking sauce off your fingers telling everyone to be patient slobbering all over yourself.

1. Everytime something goes wrong? It's been a FUCKING TRAIN WRECK NUCLEAR MELTDOWN since 1999.

2. At no point in Joe Haden's career, has he been "elite" by any means. He gives up huge plays all the time.

3. Having patience 3 games into the season? We are already 0-2 against our biggest rivals in games we had in the bag. I've seen this movie befor ya fucking dummy.

4. Manziel is the future. Get over it.

5. No, you just sound like a fat man licking sauce off your fingers telling everyone to be patient slobbering all over yourself.

1) We've lacked the necessary talent to succeed for a majority of our time back in the league. We've also lacked the continuity in terms of coaching and system to build anything sustainable. Every single franchise or program that has been successfully for a long period of time has continuity.

2) So you did just start watching the NFL this year.

3) If it were a 3 game season, go ahead and be pissed off. The NFL plays a 16 game season. I'll forgive you since this is your first year watching the game. We all knew the first three games were going to be tough sledding. The schedule opens up from here and we have plenty of winnable games coming up. 1-2 isn't a death sentence.

4) I was in favor of drafting JM, as long as it wasn't at 4. I also thought he needed to sit for awhile so I'm a happy camper as far as he is concerned. All of this nonsense in the NFL recently making JM's off the field antics seem like child's play is merely icing on the cake.

5) No, I sound like a reasonable adult who has a semblance of an idea of how shit works. I don't expect greatness from day one because that rarely ever happens. I don't call for someone's head the instance they make a mistake. I can accept that someone made a bad play without assuming they are they worst human being that has ever attempted to play the position.

It's called not being a bitch. You should try it sometime. I know you're capable of it. You've shown very, and I mean very, brief glimpses of it in the past.

^ You're happy to be a loser. You're happy with mediocrity. You're content with losing.

That my friends is what I call: A fucking loser.

I'm so fucking tired of losing. I'm so sick and fucking tired of it.

And losers like you who defend it. We are Pittsburgh and Baltimore's bitch.

Ask Joe Haden last year when he cried in the locker room after getting burnt by Cecil Shorts to lose to Jacksonville.

Haden is also Aj Green's bitch. He's owned him most of his career. Joe Haden isn't very good, at all.

Walter White didnt do the meth, he just sold it and made it,

You are on meth if u think Joe Haden sucks, and I dont mean "average" , so far thats how hes started his season.

In no fucking way, whatsoever, can u say Joe Haden sucks.

Hes gotten owned by Green? Pull up the stats of the last 4 years between them Walter. I know u wont cuz you'd be proven wrong, haden has gotten better against Green each year.

Why did i even type out this much and waste my time with a person saying Joe Haden sucks?

Skrine so far has played the best, but Haden is playing much more man coverage than any other CB in the league. Sherman and Peterson usually stay on one side of the field. Haden has been moving everywhere. Look at the tape, i know u wont, cuz you'd be proven wrong.

Take a chill pill, your posts recently have been more Retarded than Jason Voorhees,

^ You're happy to be a loser. You're happy with mediocrity. You're content with losing.

That my friends is what I call: A fucking loser.

I'm so fucking tired of losing. I'm so sick and fucking tired of it.

And losers like you who defend it. We are Pittsburgh and Baltimore's bitch.

Ask Joe Haden last year when he cried in the locker room after getting burnt by Cecil Shorts to lose to Jacksonville.

Haden is also Aj Green's bitch. He's owned him most of his career. Joe Haden isn't very good, at all.

No I'm just realistic. I wasn't expecting a 19-0 season from a team in transition. I've also seen my two other professional sports teams (the Cards and Thunder) use patience and continuity to build consistent contenders, much like every other successful sports franchise that has consistently succeeded in my life time. Perhaps I'm better equipped to deal due to this but considering how pitiful the Thunder were their first season in OKC and the consistent mediocrity the Cards endured before Pujols came around, I don't see that being the case.

Considering the Steelers and Ravens squeaked out their victories over us, I highly doubt either the players or their fans are considering us their bitches anymore.

You seem to enjoy focusing on the negative but refuse to acknowledge the positives in Haden's game. Has he made mistakes on the field? Of course, just like every fucking player in every fucking sport. Peyton makes mistakes, Sherman makes mistakes, LeBron makes mistakes, KD makes mistakes, Kershaw makes mistakes, Wainwright makes mistakes, everyone makes mistakes. According to your line of thinking, every single person I just named is fucking horrible.

If you want to hold a train of thought responsible for the Brown's woes, it's you're knee jerk, glass less than half empty, incompetent, the sky is falling attitude.

Like I said in my original post in this thread, grow a fucking sac.

Hes gotten owned by Green? Pull up the stats of the last 4 years between them Walter. I know u wont cuz you'd be proven wrong, haden has gotten better against Green each year.

In the 6 times they have gone up against eachother Green has 27 catches for 402 yards and 4 TD's. That's 14.8 yards a catch.

And 2 of those TD's came in the final 3 minutes of the game. Haden isn't clutch. At all.

God only knows his stats against Antonio Brown. And apparently he's Steve Smith's bitch as well.

I'm sick and fucking tired of overpaid athletes who slack at their job while the rest of the country bust their fucking ass off and get paid like assholes. I'm sick and tired of Joe Haden in his fucking swag outfits and nice sports cars and then his ass gets smoked on the field.

And the last 2 years what has he done? Last year green has 4 catches for like 30 yds.

It is absolutely the system. Haden is doing more than hes ever been asked to do. Certainly has gotten off to a mediocre start, but i still have no clue how youve gotten to the basis that "Haden sucks, and isnt clutch....at all"

3 games in. We are 1-2. If the D wakes up this is a playoff team THIS YEAR. Without a doubt. We are in better shape on O than we have been in years, prolly since 2007

It is absolutely the system. Haden is doing more than hes ever been asked to do.

When you get a 60 million dollar contract, you better live up to the hype and he's constantly out of position and getting burnt.

If it is absolutely the system, Skrine seems to be doing fine? Haden is just not clutch at all. He never has been. Sorry for the reality check.

Week 1.

Haden burnt on the fake punt. Burnt by Brown on the TD, Couldn't get close. 5 rec 116 yards and a TD

Week 2.

Haden burnt by Jimmy Graham for 2 TD's and critical 3rd downs. 10 rec. 118 yards and 2 TD's

Week 3.

Haden burnt by Steve Smith for 5 catches and 101 yards and the pass that put them into field goal range.

One what planet does that justify 60 million dollars and "elite status" ?

The Good- Hoyer played really well, I like the dynamic with Manziel also. It's really refreshing to see a veteran not like Hoyer in here and helping the young stallion get his legs under him. Hawkins has already been the best FA WR that we've ever had, he's also very young and hungry. He's an absolute magician running routes and his hands are exceptional. We will have a very potent WR group when Gordon returns. We put up a huge fight against Baltimore and Pittsburgh.

The Bad- We lost. Benjamin has lost his flair and his confidence, a change may be needed at returner. Haden got beat for the winning field goal, although Whitner should have been there over the top to cut him down sooner. Rookie mistakes from both the players and the Coaching Staff.

The Ugly- We're now 0-2 in the division and although we still have a lot of football left to play we need to get it in gear and turn around our record to keep us in the hunt down the stretch. Penalties, flags and bad calls from the refs- They cannot allow WRs to push off our secondary so consistently and continue to flag us exclusively.

The Forecast- We have 6 winnable games in a row coming up after the bye week and if we capitalize we could really shake things up in the AFCN.

Thanks for sticking to the topic.

Are you the same Poetic who used to be on DawgTalkers or the Browns main message board?

Thanks for sticking to the topic.

Are you the same Poetic who used to be on DawgTalkers or the Browns main message board?

Yeah, I used to be on the ClevelandBrowns main message forum. I got banned for life for creating a second account under my girlfriend's name. I was banned the first time for saying, "Winslow is a motherfucking solider!" Then again for calling Mangini a fucking "Mangina", Then again for a tirade I went on for letting Lawrence Vickers walk after Mangini was fired. I kept getting banned and I couldn't take not posting or talking about the Browns leading up to the draft... I'm so glad I found this place...

Archived