THE BROWNS BOARD

I can see us ripping off 5 straight wins in a row now before the Cincy game

Soju

I've been wielding pom-poms a lot lately on this board, but I can't see 5 straight wins. Unless they flawlessly fix everything wrong over the bye.

Here's the thing, the toughest two opponents on that list right now are Titans and Steelers. And those are the most critical two games we must win.

Why not?

Seriously?

This team looks at least .500 to me. They could just as easily be 3-0 as they could be 0-3. They've played 3 good opponents (no matter what their records say right now), and were one play from winning/losing each game.

I trully believe they can beat anybody... I'm not going to bet the farm on them winning the next 5, but I'm just saying, they can beat anybody the rest of the way out...

Titans

Steels

Jags

Raiders

Bucs

...then Cincy

We are seething, the team is mad and know they could very easily be 3-0. They are going to take these inferior teams coming up behind the shed and whoop the freaking tar out of them.

6-2 going into Cincy. Book it.

u r right...if we don't win at least 4 out of those 5 games, we're in trouble....it doesn't get any easier than that.....

There is no reason to assume we run off 5 straight against shitty teams.

PIT and CIN are not shitty teams.

PIT - BAL - CIN all have the same schedule against the same shitty teams as CLE does.

CLE already lost to PIT and BAL in spite of the fact that CLE could-have-or-should-have won at least one of those games.

The bottom line is that CLE is in last place after a heavy dose of inter-division games.

That's not a good place to be.

Titans

Steels

Jags

Raiders

Bucs

...then Cincy

We are seething, the team is mad and know they could very easily be 3-0. They are going to take these inferior teams coming up behind the shed and whoop the freaking tar out of them.

6-2 going into Cincy. Book it.

I like the optimism and feel good going into this stretch.....we should at least be favored in all 5....

....they're definitely all winnable games. We always give cincy a run for their money, too.

I agree. Im sure something will happen somewhere,,,,but im looking for 4-1 and a solid thrashing of Pittspuke...

No, but I have a dream

Me too.....:)

PIT - BAL - CIN all have the same schedule against the same shitty teams as CLE does.

CLE already lost to PIT and BAL in spite of the fact that CLE could-have-or-should-have won at least one of those games.

The bottom line is that CLE is in last place after a heavy dose of inter-division games.

That's not a good place to be.

Cin isnt in the next 5 games and we'll beat Pittspuke. Bank on it.

In re to the schedule, they are close but NOT exactly the same. We have 14 the same, but Cleveland drew the Bills/Raiders, while Cinn got Broncos/Patriots(HUGE difference).....Ravens got Chargers/Dolphins(also better).....Stillers got Jets/Chiefs(slightly better).....

So, while it's only 2 games, thats really is a total of 6 games that we get an advantage over our divisional rivals....and in the NFL, those 2 games can easily be the difference between who wins in the end....

Conversely, the Squealers next 5 games are Jags, Browns,Texans, Colts , Ravens.....they could easily go 1-4....

In a month, the whole division could look completely different....and if the division plays fairly even, those 2 games could loom huge.....

But PTG is well on their way to shitty. Just a Big Bent away...

Your notes on schedule and the 0-2 divisional hole we are in are valid points though.

Bigger issues are that CIN is really, really good and BLT is much better than expected.

And the Hoyer-led Browns did so well against CIN last year at home. What have been their upgrades this year that make them even better?

Not gonna make a prediction about a game that is over a month away, but a couple upgrades IMO are:

Hue Jackson taking over for Jay Gruden. No more asking your QB to take chances and force throws.

No more BJGE. More Giovani Bernard and Hill is also looking pretty good.

Team seems to be gelling overall and playing as complete units. Will be hard to replicate that every week but so far it has been the case.

Our first meeting is a long ways off though. Should be interesting to see where both of our teams are when we play.

And the Hoyer-led Browns did so well against CIN last year at home. What have been their upgrades this year that make them even better?

Point taken...

They've looked good, but other than their win in BLT, who they did not exactly maul, they've beaten ATL outdoors and stomped TN in CIN. Not two of the sternest tests imaginable.

We don't meet them until early Nov. in CIN... so will learn a lot more about both teams by then.

Can't argue about Cinn....they look real good right now....the only thing we have going for us is they(like the Browns) tend to shoot themselves in the foot.....over and over again....

they've been touted for several years now, but can't seem to get it done.....sooooo.....maybe this year they are finally there.....orrrr.....maybe they crash and burn....

And they better pray Dalton stays healthy....cause if Campbell is next, they could be in a world of hurt real fast....

No matter what, they are the team to beat in our Div....

No matter what, they are the team to beat in our Div....

And that is likely the reason for my jumping ahead to knowing more about them. Seems we always do decent against them, even in the recent years of 4-12 and 5-11 they are a win at home. I guess keep this one on hold until Cincy week....

And that is likely the reason for my jumping ahead to knowing more about them. Seems we always do decent against them, even in the recent years of 4-12 and 5-11 they are a win at home. I guess keep this one on hold until Cincy week....

Yep...I always like our chances against the Bungles.......we've split 3 out of the last 4 seasons and they were considered the better team every year....and by the time we play them this season, we should have some positive momentum and continuity going.....

Will be looking for 2 wins in a row, before I even think about a streak or 5 in a row.

We just passed the Squealers in the power rankings and now are slim favorites over them in this weeks home game. Dare I say "a game we're supposed to win". Yes. Because it is. And the Squealers know it.

Lets get this one. THEN think about the next game.

Archived