THE BROWNS BOARD

Billy Cundiff

Alkid3

I don't think this is a priority now - perhaps in the off season. But fixing the bad snaps is a priority. Can we get a statistic on the accuracy of snaps for PAT and field goals? Everyone seems way off target.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why not blame it on Cundiff?? We played well enough to win but he didnt convert.

And yes, he missed a PAT that almost costed us a game... jeesh

Yes, the Browns played well enough to win. But to say it's all on Cundiff? We make one more first down at the end of the game, we're not having this discussion on how bad Cundiff sucks.

Bironas was available.

Im going to hell.

Yes sir you are. Don't worry I'll be right there too because I laughed when I read it.

I don't think this is a priority now - perhaps in the off season. But fixing the bad snaps is a priority. Can we get a statistic on the accuracy of snaps for PAT and field goals? Everyone seems way off target.

insuring we don't lose several more games due to botched has to be a priority period.

Yes, the Browns played well enough to win. But to say it's all on Cundiff? We make one more first down at the end of the game, we're not having this discussion on how bad Cundiff sucks.

for the few times you are referring to we can show you 20+ other plays where the executed very well. That is not true for the FG unit. Bring I'm a snapper and a kicker for all I care but fix it.

Here is what I will NEVER understand. Why do teams dismiss the idea of drafting a kicker? In any given year, you can secure one of the best kickers in the draft class by spending a seventh round pick. Let's look at the Browns recent history of 7th round picks:

2013: Garrett Gilkey, OL

2012: Brad Smelley, FB

2011: Eric Hagg, DB

2008: Alex Hall, LB

2007: Syndric Steptoe, WR

2006: Justin Hamilton, RB

Is anyone going to seriously argue that any of these guys have the impact on winning that a good field goal kicker would?

How is it not priority? A couple of points was the difference in all 3 games.

I agree. But, if he makes one of those field goals, we're not having the discussion about how we should have gotten one first down... it can go both ways...

Here is what I will NEVER understand. Why do teams dismiss the idea of drafting a kicker? In any given year, you can secure one of the best kickers in the draft class by spending a seventh round pick. Let's look at the Browns recent history of 7th round picks:

2013: Garrett Gilkey, OL

2012: Brad Smelley, FB

2011: Eric Hagg, DB

2008: Alex Hall, LB

2007: Syndric Steptoe, WR

2006: Justin Hamilton, RB

Is anyone going to seriously argue that any of these guys have the impact on winning that a good field goal kicker would?

You have a point

Here is what I will NEVER understand. Why do teams dismiss the idea of drafting a kicker? In any given year, you can secure one of the best kickers in the draft class by spending a seventh round pick.

Agree... even higher if kicker is truly exceptional.

There has to be at least a 1000 UDFA kickers that graduate every year, lets go Farmer youv'e been gold with those UDFA's find us another long snapper while your at it

There has to be a better kicker that can hit field goals better than this guy. Every time he gets ready to kick I feel like he's got a 25% chance to make it from wherever. I remember him falling down getting ready to kick against the Bengals last year when they won. Cundiff looked like a fool. And still does.

I only read the first half-dozen posts on this thread. With that said.....I think you guys are whacked.

Cundiff had an excellent year last year. His kickoffs are deep.

Neither FG miss was his fault yesterday. The first one had a low snap that Lanning had a hard time handling. He got it in position way too late and Cundiff still hit the crossbar from 50. How he did that.......I don't know. The second one was blocked because Tabor is an idiot. The Rats overloaded our offensive right side and the dude blew right by Winn. Btw............why the fuck is Winn our wing guy? He is way too slow for that spot.

Dawson only making 50% of his kicks this season, maybe he will be available soon? Whats really bad is his kick that was blocked yesterday came when AZ only had 9 guys on the field, talk about poor ST play

I can imagine how much money they would have saved by paying Phil Dawson and comparing it to the price of two losses?

(even though he is not immune to a blocked kick)

WSS

I never understood trying to save a dime on a kicker. None of them are going to ask for bank busting contracts. Having a bad kicker can ruin a season.

Seems like player salary info used to be easier to come by, but google did turn this up...

49ers | Phil Dawson terms

Fri, 14 Mar 2014 07:27:11 -0700

Updating previous reports, San Francisco 49ers PK Phil Dawson received a two-year, $6.134 million deal with a $2 million signing bonus. He receives $3 million in the first year and can earn $25,000 in incentives each year.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/player/460/nfl/phil-dawson#ixzz3EAFVtQZR

http://www.kffl.com/player/460/nfl/phil-dawson

Archived