THE BROWNS BOARD

Thoughts On Other Games 10/26

miktoxic

Bryant is a guy I would have liked to have seen the Browns draft. But I think they passed on him for both Kirksey and West.

I don't know if he is really all that good, but BR is making them look good.

And no, the Steelers don't have the best offensive weapons as any team in the league. I am not sure they have better offensive weapons than the Browns once Gordon is back in the mix. (unless you consider the QB an offensive weapon....but that is not traditionally what we talk about when we talk about offensive weapons).

I didn't say best weapons first and foremost. I said as many weapons (top tier) as any other team in the league. Bell and blount, Antonio brown, wheaton, Bryant and lance Moore. Heath miller and Ben of course and you clearly didn't watch the game at all yesterday. Ben was incredible but so was the rest of the offense. Bryant is raw but his physical tools ARE that good. He has 7 catches in two weeks and three are for touchdowns. I don't expect you to agree with me but nothing you ever say is seated in any kind of reality. You don't have a receiver on the browns that would crack the top three outside of Gordon who is suspended and not one of your running backs is anywhere close to as good as bell.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Martavis Bryant was brought on slowly (he also had a shoulder injury) and his arrival seems to be a catalyst for the offense.

Really just a culmination of everything and carryingn momentum and emotions from the Houston game. Ravens are up next. They come out and smoke them its on the rest of the season.

Edit: defense also played better than the points the colts scored but luck is so good you can't keep him entirely down. He has a slew of weapons himself. The offense from last night is the offense i was expecting from before the season. The steelers have as many offensive weapons as any team in the league.

Maybe Bryant is a final piece.. maybe not. Not sure how you make a case for the PTG D being better than the score.

I know one of PTG's picks went for 6. Not sure what IND did with its 2 fumbles (and you are underutilizing Heyward-Bey). And IND blocked another punt?

You ran OK. IND ran better, but less.

You pressured Luck. Does not appear IND was able to return that favor. So Ben just went off as Ben is capable of doing... and that appears to have been the bulk of the difference.

And even at that the play of the game may have been an IND O-line stepping on Luck's foot.

Maybe Bryant is a final piece.. maybe not. Not sure how you make a case for the PTG D being better than the score.

I know one of PTG's picks went for 6. Not sure what IND did with its 2 fumbles (and you are underutilizing Heyward-Bey). And IND blocked another punt?

You ran OK. IND ran better, but less.

You pressured Luck. Does not appear IND was able to return that favor. So Ben just went off as Ben is capable of doing... and that appears to have been the bulk of the difference.

And even at that the play of the game may have been an IND O-line stepping on Luck's foot.

Heyward bey is fine but he's not being underutilized. He had a catch yesterday that he fumbled and Bryant runs a 4.42. I'd rather Bryant get the snaps than heyward bey.

I didn't say best weapons first and foremost. I said as many weapons (top tier) as any other team in the league. Bell and blount, Antonio brown, wheaton, Bryant and lance Moore. Heath miller and Ben of course and you clearly didn't watch the game at all yesterday. Ben was incredible but so was the rest of the offense. Bryant is raw but his physical tools ARE that good. He has 7 catches in two weeks and three are for touchdowns. I don't expect you to agree with me but nothing you ever say is seated in any kind of reality. You don't have a receiver on the browns that would crack the top three outside of Gordon who is suspended and not one of your running backs is anywhere close to as good as bell.

I don't agree with you because it is YOU who say shit that is not seated in reality.

1. Miles Austin and Andrew Hawkins right here, right now are every bit as good and probably better than Wheaton and Bryant....more proven in fact. You are an idiot if you think otherwise. They just are not as tall. And yes it is BR making those guys look good. (but yes, I do think Bryant is a budding quality WR)

2. I am not prepared to say that Bell and Blount are any better...at all than Ben Tate and either West/Crowell. Until the recent loss of Mack at OC the Browns run game was like #2 in the league.....and those runners were gaining huge chunks of yardage, more than Bell/Blount. (but OL issues have thwarted it the last couple of games)

3. Cameron is right here right now better than Miller.....if he can stay healthy.

$. I use the $ symbol because, for you this is what it is all about: yes, BR is playing as good as he ever has....and that...if any is the difference.

And the last time I noticed all that talent advantage you are saying the Steelers have over the Browns was getting ass whooped to the tune of 31-10 by the Browns.

Miles Austin has like 233 yards receiving on the year, that's less than Wheaton. Hawkins is comparable but he's been treated as the one. Wheaton has been the number two but usually third in targets. Bryant is definitely just a rookie but based on the last two weeks no I don't believe either hawkins or Austin would start over him considering the physical measurables.

No tate is not comparable to bell and neither is crowell. Neither are bad backs but bell is on a differently level.

Miles Austin has like 233 yards receiving on the year, that's less than Wheaton. Hawkins is comparable but he's been treated as the one. Wheaton has been the number two but usually third in targets. Bryant is definitely just a rookie but based on the last two weeks no I don't believe either hawkins or Austin would start over him considering the physical measurables.

Has the Steelers passing game, overall, made more yardage than the Browns? No argument. But just because some guy makes more yards does not make him a better receiver.

And if a guy is better only because of physical measurables, then what were the Browns doing getting rid of Greg Little and Brian Robiskie? Those guys had the measurables as good as anyone.

No tate is not comparable to bell and neither is crowell. Neither are bad backs but bell is on a differently level.

Tate IS fairly comparable to Bell. He just isn't running as much as Bell. Bell just gets all the Steelers carries. The Browns are doing more RB by committee than the Steelers. They have 3 guys running the ball. All have more carries than Blount. If the Browns wanted to make Tate their featured back they could...but they don't really want to. If they did Tate could probably have comparable numbers. Right now though the Browns running game fell into a hole, so no one on their committee is getting much....and it is not because of their talent, but the OL problems.

Has the Steelers passing game, overall, made more yardage than the Browns? No argument. But just because some guy makes more yards does not make him a better receiver.

And if a guy is better only because of physical measurables, then what were the Browns doing getting rid of Greg Little and Brian Robiskie? Those guys had the measurables as good as anyone.

Tate IS fairly comparable to Bell. He just isn't running as much as Bell. Bell just gets all the Steelers carries. The Browns are doing more RB by committee than the Steelers. They have 3 guys running the ball. All have more carries than Blount. If the Browns wanted to make Tate their featured back they could...but they don't really want to. If they did Tate could probably have comparable numbers. Right now though the Browns running game fell into a hole, so no one on their committee is getting much....and it is not because of their talent, but the OL problems.

Gipper I don't want to hear about offensive line problems as bell was doing it when the steelers weren't blocking so great either. Bell has quite possibly the best field vision of any rb in the NFL. Tomlinson one of the best ever agrees. He also has almost 400 receiving yards. Averaging 4.9 yards per rush and 9 yards short of 700 on 141 attempts.

Crowel also has exactly the same amount of carries as blount. Your point is insanely moot but thats par for the course when you argue. I've read several times the browns aren't even sure Tate is the guy they want to ride into the future.

Gipper I don't want to hear about offensive line problems as bell was doing it when the steelers weren't blocking so great either. Bell has quite possibly the best field vision of any rb in the NFL. Tomlinson one of the best ever agrees. He also has almost 400 receiving yards. Averaging 4.9 yards per rush and 9 yards short of 700 on 141 attempts.

Crowel also has exactly the same amount of carries as blount. Your point is insanely moot but thats par for the course when you argue. I've read several times the browns aren't even sure Tate is the guy they want to ride into the future.

And Bell wasn't running all that great when the Steelers were having OL problems. And I didn't say that Bell didn't have better statistics...I said on the whole he and Tate are very close in their abilities. No doubt that Bell has had more chances. Tate has been out like 2 games with injuries...so obviously Bell is going to have more tries.

And Crowell has 52 carries, where Blount has only 50. (per ESPN....maybe that source does not count yesterday's game....but if it didn't and Blount now has the same as Crowell, then Blount only had 3 carries yesterday....as Crowell only had 1. And my point is that Crowell is the Browns THIRD string RB....where Blount is #2 behind Bell. And my point is that the Browns have 3 RBs that have more carries and yards than the Steelers #2 back......and this is a fact even though the Steelers have played 1 more game than the Browns......who have played 7 where the Steelers have played 8.

And Bell wasn't running all that great when the Steelers were having OL problems. And I didn't say that Bell didn't have better statistics...I said on the whole he and Tate are very close in their abilities. No doubt that Bell has had more chances. Tate has been out like 2 games with injuries...so obviously Bell is going to have more tries.

And Crowell has 52 carries, where Blount has only 50. (per ESPN....maybe that source does not count yesterday's game....but if it didn't and Blount now has the same as Crowell, then Blount only had 3 carries yesterday....as Crowell only had 1. And my point is that Crowell is the Browns THIRD string RB....where Blount is #2 behind Bell. And my point is that the Browns have 3 RBs that have more carries and yards than the Steelers #2 back......and this is a fact even though the Steelers have played 1 more game than the Browns......who have played 7 where the Steelers have played 8.

Gipper bell was running amazingly well, do you read what you post or research before you post AT all? Seriously, even just a little bit? Its obvious you don't.

Gipper bell was running amazingly well, do you read what you post or research before you post AT all? Seriously, even just a little bit? Its obvious you don't.

Tate has been out for two games, and the Browns have played one less game than the Steelers, Thus Bell has played 3 more games than him. Tate has 2 other runners that want/need carries, both of whom have been more productive than your second string guy. Bell has the statistical advantage...I never claimed otherwise, I mean...haven't you done your fucking research on all that? That does not mean that he has the talent advantage. No amount of research, other than watching them perform is going tell me otherwise.

Tate has been out for two games, and the Browns have played one less game than the Steelers, Thus Bell has played 3 more games than him. Tate has 2 other runners that want/need carries, both of whom have been more productive than your second string guy. Bell has the statistical advantage...I never claimed otherwise, I mean...haven't you done your fucking research on all that? That does not mean that he has the talent advantage. No amount of research, other than watching them perform is going tell me otherwise.

You very clearly only watch browns games. Bell's talent advantage is undeniable. I don't really care one way or another. Im just very glad bell is a steelers and not on some other team.

You very clearly only watch browns games. Bell's talent advantage is undeniable. I don't really care one way or another. Im just very glad bell is a steelers and not on some other team.

I see as much of games as I need to. Bell's production advantage is undeniable. I am not sure about his talent advantage. If Tate were given the same opportunities that Bell has had he may have equalled or bettered his production.

Why hasn't Tate had the same opportunities? Injuries. Fewer games played. Better competition on his team than Bell.

Why did this turn into a steelers thread.

Thats easy. It's Vag.

He has stated he will only chime in when we are talking Stools(thanks vag). So, since there are no Stools threads here, the "this week in the Afc" thread becomes his only ticket.

Then, after the game is long over and no one cares anymore, he can yak and yak and yak to anyone who's interested. Seems like a fair arrangement to me. After all, we aint playing the Steelers for another year and no one here wants to talk about them, so what else can he do?

Archived