THE BROWNS BOARD

F Brian "Garbage" Hoyer

Soju

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ben wasn't asked to throw much his rookie season and was surrounded with a far more competent team.

Yup... and that team included a strong run game...

Their run to pass ratio was not quite 2:1, but approached it. Still he threw 17 TDs, but also 11 INTs.

Bortles looked alright for a rook. Kid has promise. But yeah any middle of the road defense shuts him and the Jags down today. I just give up trying to explain why we can't stop the run. This loss was by FAR not all on Hoyer. Please STFU anybody that's calling for Hoyer to be replaced. Just shit the bed today...whole team did except for the secondary.

You ever think Rubin and Taylor didn't play today? That was a true team stinker.

. Man you flop back and forth on this a LOT! One bad game and your back blowing Johnny

To be fair, I don't see how saying "we got the best QB in the draft" can be seen as a knock on hoyer. Hoyer wasn't drafted this year.

It is possible for someone to like both Hoyer and Manziel....

16 for 41 with an interception, if he's lucky he gets one more week to turn things around....over all he hasn't been terrible...just mediocre, which is pretty much what he's been his entire career....my guess is manziel is ready at this point and we'd be wise to see what he can do......there's no guarantees, but my guess is that he would do better than that...two field goals against a louzy team that gives up 3 interceptions....that's pathetic....

Bortles has thrown more than one interception just about every game he's started. He's raw and Browns should've won by taking full advantage of that.

Anyone calling for Hoyer's head: you'd better just be venting over this shitty loss and get back with it for next week.

Too soon. That would only mix things up and mentally screw the team even worse.

too soon..??...we're 6 games into the season and have 3 losses......if you're generous, you give hoyer one more chance to turn his performance around.....if he screws the pooch yet again, i gotta believe the coaches will decide to give manziel a chance.....

So if Oakland beats us, is that soon enough? Or do we wait for the next week?

I'm hard pressed to put the entire blame on Brian Hoyer's shoulders.

But I like to see any quarterback get a good and fair look. As a rookie johnny is going have his own growing pains just like the great Blake bortles is. Then the Boo birds will be screaming for Connor Shaw.

WSS

yep. a lot of venting going on after that embarrassing loss. but looking back in retrospect there were plenty of other teams, with more of a thoroughbred bloodline of late getting smoked.

hopefully this is a stepping stone in the maturation of a backup QB becoming a starter and a DC becoming a head coach.

So if Oakland beats us, is that soon enough? Or do we wait for the next week?

Just wrote in another thread that if the Raider game starts out looking like the 5th and 6th Qtrs of the JAX game, then make the change and see what happens.

Well T, looks like I picked a good game to miss.............. On a side note, my daughters team finished 2nd, losing in double OT 0-6. She played 6 full games in 24hrs, only missing 5 total plays.............. Crazy! :)

Hoyer had one awful game... he's better than he played on Sunday. He may not be the story that ESPN and others were trying to turn him into this week (the second coming of Kurt Warner led sportscenter a lot this week), but he's not as bad as he looked Sunday. It is true, however, that Bortles was the worst QB on the field Sunday. He had one impressive drive where he led the Jags down field for a score (after the Browns should have kicked a field goal to make it a two score game). I think Bortles has some potential, but to say that the Browns should've drafted him?? This season he has 5 TD, 10 picks, and two fumbles. QBR of 35. I'll pass on that guy with the third pick.

If the Oakland game is ugly like that, then I would say that putting Manziel in there wouldn't be a bad call.

agree.

the problem is the way we looked beating pittsburgh has set us up for nothing but winning great or being the 'same old browns'.

jacksonville played us like we were the super bowl champs and came in and talked shit about their mothers or something. you don't think that jacksonville win yesterday gives oakland hope? i guarantee you they come out and play their best game next week. whether or not the browns can stop another hot jock rookie QB who is in his zone is something that needs to be seen.

there will be a huge amount of dissentment if we lose next week. i don't know if it'll be right or wrong but it WILL happen if the browns can't pull up their pants after the fucking they took yesterday.

too soon..??...we're 6 games into the season and have 3 losses......if you're generous, you give hoyer one more chance to turn his performance around.....if he screws the pooch yet again, i gotta believe the coaches will decide to give manziel a chance.....

Did you expect better than .500 going into game 6? If so how much better?

Please explain how you can pin the loss to Pittsburgh and Baltimore on Hoyer? Or how Hoyer was the only factor in the loss yesterday.

The Pittsburgh and Baltimore loss were totally on the defense.

Yesterday, Brian was a hot pile of garbage and if he hits Cameron/and or Gabriel, then we are in business and the entire complexion of the game changes.

It should have been 17-0 or 13-0 but instead we go into the half down 7-6

You can't keep going 3 and out, 3 and out, 3 and out

If the offensive line is going to be this suspect, no way Hoyer makes it though the season.

#2 needs to be ready when called upon.

this was actually Hoyer's 2nd bad game in a row. He now has the worst completion % in the league. Only 1 full time starter has thrown less TD passes and he has one less game played. and Hoyer has the nerve to say get rid of Manziel or I wont come back..

I agree that he hasn't done near enough to start making demands in terms of what the front office needs to do personnel wise. But if you are going to do things like that during the week, you better not shit the bed on Sunday.

It was confirmed this wasn't said.

this was actually Hoyer's 2nd bad game in a row. He now has the worst completion % in the league. Only 1 full time starter has thrown less TD passes and he has one less game played. and Hoyer has the nerve to say get rid of Manziel or I wont come back..

Archived