THE BROWNS BOARD

Upcoming movies/TV shows you're looking forward to

I finished the night of and loved it. Finished season 2 of Bosch and liked it a lot.

Right now in the second season of Daredevil which I don't like so well.

I think Westworld will be next up. Amazon Prime has something called humans which looks intriguing.

WSS

Didn't realise humans was on amazon prime now. It's a channel 4 show, the first series was a year ago and the second is airing now. Watched the first, it's a bit twisty and unnecessarily so sometimes but an interesting concept, of sentient android 'home help' that is discovering consciousness along the way. Decent, not unmissable.

1. I finished the night of and loved it.
  2. I think Westworld will be next up.
  1. told ya...
  2. Watched Ep 1 and it did not grab me...

On the other hand... after the Westworld false start, we watched season 3(?) of AMC's Halt and Catch Fire over the past few evenings... thoroughly enjoyed it. Almost as much as Season 1... much more than season 2.

• told ya...
  • Watched Ep 1 and it did not grab me...
On the other hand... after the Westworld false start, we watched season 3(?) of AMC's Halt and Catch Fire over the past few evenings... thoroughly enjoyed it. Almost as much as Season 1... much more than season 2.
I've been told it takes a couple of episodes before Westworld grabs you. Same thing with Breaking Bad for me. After episode three I was hooked. I still recommend Glenn Close Damages highly.

Could not get beyond episode 1 season 2 True Detective though.

WSS

I'll keep Damages in mind...

Meanwhile was scrolling down my recording list last nite and saw a folder I'd forgotten about... Mr. Robot Season 3. That'll be up next for us.

New addition to my list...

Taboo... coming to FX (or FXX) in January. Hard to tell what it's about from the promos so far... witchcraft... Gothic horror... other... but it's starring Tom Hardy, so I'm in.

DVR is already set.

Upcoming movies anticipated?: Rogue One.

The thing about this movie, is that it tells the story, apparently of the very first thing that any of us ever saw in the Star Wars Universe:

The story of the rebel spies who stole the plans of the Death Star, mentioned in the very first two paragraphs at the beginning of the scroll at the start of the Star Wars movie going back to 1977.

Ditto... and I am married to one...

And could not agree more on Hardy. I was enjoying his work before I knew his name, Inception and Band of Brothers. Hard pressed to think of a male lead whose work I currently like more.

Now I watch him in anything that comes on. Thought he stole The Revenant out from under Leo. He made Fury Road more watchable than I thought it could be. And out of nowhere he made The Drop one of my Top Ten-ish movies. Still have yet to see Legend... hope to correct that over the holidays.

You bother to record Low Def? ;)

I remember the earlier film... IIRC it was simply called The Krays. Main thing I remember is the brothers were two very different personalities. All the makings of a good, dual-role challenge for our boy.

Aside: I think the Krays were the model for the MPFC "Piranha Brothers" skits.

Archived