THE BROWNS BOARD

I am looking for a new team

Buckeye Jim

After 40 years of wasting my time with the Dolphins, I am shopping for a new team. I am from Columbus but now live in Florida, and am a HUGE Buckeye fan!

So I used to like the Browns back in the Bernie Kosar days. And thought maybe I could be a Browns fan.

They seem like a fun team to watch. Although that dude that jumped offside on the FG should be smacked in the head.

So, can I be a Browns fan?

After 40 years of wasting my time with the Dolphins, I am shopping for a new team. I am from Columbus but now live in Florida, and am a HUGE Buckeye fan!

So I used to like the Browns back in the Bernie Kosar days. And thought maybe I could be a Browns fan.

They seem like a fun team to watch. Although that dude that jumped offside on the FG should be smacked in the head.

I wouldn't advise it.

You clearly have been watching the dolphins for a while. There aren't worse teams. Sure there are teams with a worse record most years but taken as a whole the browns are as bad as it gets.

The worst thing is that the team in Miami has quit on the coach, and the owner is too stupid to see it. The Browns played hard today. The Dolphins quit.

Jim, you are from Columbus. You are a Browns fan. Like it or not.

WSS

I can't support the Dolphins with such a clueless boob for an owner. And I can't afford to buy the team, so I am just shopping around for a new team. I am 50 years old. I am running out of time.

I LOL'd so fucking hard when i read this! Dude unless you plan on living another 50 years, like somebody else said, RUN!

No you can't.

If you are "shopping" for a new team, you came to the wrong fucking place.

That guy that jumped offsides? I hope he fucks your wife.

And lets you eat the jism, Buckeye Jism.

Z

You really belong in an asylum somewhere.

To be honest Jim, if you are from Ohio and not exactly in Greater Cincinnati you should have never been a Miami Dolphins fan in the first place. That's just a fact of nature.

Also I have to call foul on an actual fan of any team to jump ship because their team is sucking.

If you don't have a bond with your team then you might as well just get up every morning look at the NFL standings go to your closet and select one of 32 jerseys to wear for that week.

I'm not trying to be insulting but it's kind of like picking a religion on the basis of which churches synagogues or mosques are closest to your house or have a nicer parking lot.

Same with being a sports fan, especially the Cleveland Browns. If you don't truly believe you won't be saved...

WSS

Here's the thing, Jim -

You went and became a dolphins fan...because Dan Marino was pretty?

or, they were a good team with two bruising rb's? (I went to school with Larry Czonka's

sister - she was cool )...

and now you want to be a Browns fan?

Well - you're from Ohio, so my guess is, that you don't have the intestinal fortitude.

No offense - but most of us have ALWAYS been Browns fans - we never went and

pretended to be a fan of winning teams, only to jump teams when other teams are winning.

I've known a few guys like that - Niner fans when they were good... steeler fans, GB, Baltiwhore...

Seattle... and of course, the dirtbag new england scum sucking pats....

I've been a huge fan since I was old enough to watch Leroy Kelly - the REAL great rb... play...

That puts me about as young as Diehard and other older guys.....

How can we know if you can be a Browns fan or not? Ya can't just hop around for the bragging...

you have to get tough and suffer until the Browns start winning, after stopping firing coaches,

and they get it all correct.

And that takes courage, and guts to hang in there. And more than a few rootbeers on the rocks to

lessen the stress of the losing.....

To be honest Jim, if you are from Ohio and not exactly in Greater Cincinnati you should have never been a Miami Dolphins fan in the first place. That's just a fact of nature.

Also I have to call foul on an actual fan of any team to jump ship because their team is sucking.

If you don't have a bond with your team then you might as well just get up every morning look at the NFL standings go to your closet and select one of 32 jerseys to wear for that week.

I'm not trying to be insulting but it's kind of like picking a religion on the basis of which churches synagogues or mosques are closest to your house or have a nicer parking lot.

Same with being a sports fan, especially the Cleveland Browns. If you don't truly believe you won't be saved...

WSS

Pretty much my thoughts. I'm a Browns fan no matter what. If the Browns had never come back after the move of 1995, I would still watch the NFL but I wouldn't be a fan of any team.

Pretty much my thoughts. I'm a Browns fan no matter what. If the Browns had never come back after the move of 1995, I would still watch the NFL but I wouldn't be a fan of any team.

I probably wouldn't even watch football. I tried being a Ravens fan after that. It didn't work out. Hardwired is hardwired.

I probably wouldn't even watch football. I tried being a Ravens fan after that. It didn't work out. Hardwired is hardwired.

I watched....but I suddenly didn't care all that much about who won. It was all my fantasy team and what teams I bet on. If I "cheered" for anyone, I cheered for the Packers and Bears. Seemed like similiar cities and fan bases to Cleveland.

Archived