THE BROWNS BOARD

Pick your QB

PoeticG

Who is the QB?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB do you want to see start vs. San Deigo?

I would say from now until the end of the season.

Yet the Poll question is vs. SD...

And who voted for the QB on IR?

Edit: Nevermind... lmao @ Spice Girls... worth the vote.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Josh can't win then at some point soon thereafter the other JM must be given the team start.

Fixed...

Wow! If the stadium is anywhere near this poll (3 to 1 for Manziel over Josh right now), then the first screwup by Josh will bring a massive BOOOOOOO! :ph34r: :ph34r:

Are there that many Browns fans in SoCal? And do they all dress as terrorists?

The season is three games old. You are still playing to win at this point. Last year at this time, the rest of the world had the Pats falling off the brink of the world, and Tom Brady was washed up. Then they won the whole damn thing.

Are the Browns as good as the Pats? No. Do they have time to right the ship? Absolutely. This is the same damn team minus Brian Hoyer that was 7-4 leading the conference last year. Oh ya, Phil Taylor too. So.... lets just give up?

Whether you want to believe it or not, Johnny Football is not ready.

McCown starts.

If you are truly a Johnny fan, then you don't want him to start right now.

Push him out to early and ruin him, then we start this bullshit all over again. I keep hearing and seeing people write "We have to know what we have".... really? Why? So they can say he sucks after 5 or 6 bad starts because he isn't ready, then flush a guy they spend a first round pick on and wiff on another one instead of drafting players for other positions?

Suck it up and root for the damn team to win.

I'm down with this...

Most interesting take since last year's "Manziel Package" discussion.

I would have said Tim Tebow but he won in college and the NFL which Manziel has done neither.

And there's a quarterback controversy every time he drives through an NFL city. Not to mention your pick Jason White is 35 and if I'm not mistaken out of football.

I don't know that you could tell me any other team in the history of football that has shitcanned their first round quarterback pick after two or three starts.

WSS

And there's a quarterback controversy every time he drives through an NFL city. Not to mention your pick Jason White is 35 and if I'm not mistaken out of football.

I don't know that you could tell me any other team in the history of football that has shitcanned their first round quarterback pick after two or three starts.

WSS

New England? Philly?

First Manziel wouldn't have been drafted in the 1st round if not for the Browns. Second so you were happy to see Weeden and Brady Quinn march out there and stink?

New England? Philly?

First Manziel wouldn't have been drafted in the 1st round if not for the Browns. Second so you were happy to see Weeden and Brady Quinn march out there and stink?

Which quarterback did New England and Philadelphia draft in the first round that were highly touted and cut them after three starts?

And I think we bailed on Brandon Weeden way too early. The team was terrible at that time time. And we had the best wide receiver in the league for all of theSammy Watkins ass kissers.

And Brandon Weeden is capable of playing competent football even with a banged up Dallas team.

I like Brady Quinn and think he fucked himself by holding up through training camp. I think anybody needs some consistency.

WSS

There are plenty....and even some big name ones like.......

Colts dumped #4 overall pick, Art Schlister without ever starting him...

Detroit dumped #7 overall(and Heisman winner) Andre Ware after 5 starts....

Oakland dumped college MEGA star(like Johnny) Todd Marinovich after 4 starts....

Denver dumped Tommy Maddox after 4 starts......

49ers dumped Drukenmiller after 1 start.....

and there are plenty more who played less than 10 games or so.....Tebow, Schuler, McNown....

And Id point out that none of these guys went on to great careers anywhere else......

so, not close to unprecedented.....Id say there are plenty of coaches that know enough to see when a guy isnt ready or isnt gonna get it done........ and when they see it, they aren't gonna play the guy unless forced to do it(not saying thats the case here, but its possible....)

Archived