THE BROWNS BOARD

We need a coach like this:

WalterWhite

ProFootballTalk@ProFootballTalk 1m

Cardinals are every bit as relentless as Patriots. Up 40-7 late vs. 49ers, the starting offense was in and pushing for another score.

Per @PaulCalvisi, message from Arians at halftime, "If you relax, I'll be looking for new people. Put your foot on their throat."

This motherfucker went for it on 4th and 1 up 40-7

L169_CIFRe616e0baa5ef030a2fc962f1da19c5c

If Arians were to have come, he would have needed to bring a QB with him. He hasn't done that well with the backups to Palmer that have played. I mean....didn't he use Derek Anderson for a bit? And that turned out poorly. John Skelton? Ryan Lindsley?

Palmer needs to stay healthy for them.

Yes we "need" a coach like that until Joe Thomas tears his ACL in this stupid, garbage time, "step on their throats", D-measuring period. Then we all think he's an idiot.

I'll agree keeping your key players on the field in garbage time isn't too smart.OTOH, what Pettine was doing in the third quarter of the Titans game wasn't either. Throw a few passes to keep the defense honest until the game is effectively out of reach.

I'll agree keeping your key players on the field in garbage time isn't too smart.OTOH, what Pettine was doing in the third quarter of the Titans game wasn't either. Throw a few passes to keep the defense honest until the game is effectively out of reach.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GApM0pFl3NE

If Arians were to have come, he would have needed to bring a QB with him. He hasn't done that well with the backups to Palmer that have played. I mean....didn't he use Derek Anderson for a bit? And that turned out poorly. John Skelton? Ryan Lindsley?

Palmer needs to stay healthy for them.

He went to the playoffs with those guys actually. It was fairly impressive.

He went to the playoffs with those guys actually. It was fairly impressive.

Started 9-1 with Palmer, finished 11-5 without him, not that impressive. They also had a historically bad offensive performence in that playoff game against the Panthers, which means he wasn't able to devise a offense around poor QB play.

9-1? PFR says:

• Palmer 6-0 in 6 starts: Games 1, 5-9.
  • Stanton 5-3 in 8 starts Games 2-4, 10-15 and came in in relief of Palmer week 9 and held lead.
  • Lindley 0-2 in 2 starts Games 15, 16 and came in in relief of Stanton Week 15 and held onto win.
Logan Thomas appeared in two games.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/crd/2014.htm

9-1? PFR says:

• Palmer 6-0 in 6 starts: Games 1, 5-9.
  • Stanton 5-3 in 8 starts Games 2-4, 10-15 and came in in relief of Palmer week 9 and held lead.
  • Lindley 0-2 in 2 starts Games 15, 16 and came in in relief of Stanton Week 15 and held onto win.
Logan Thomas appeared in two games.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/crd/2014.htm

I knew i shouldn't have trusted Wikipedia.

Thanks Tour.

Don't mention it...

Yes... PFR >> wiki for NFL factoids, but it was just your bad luck that my brain cell was holding the thought "Palmer did not make 10 starts in 2014" was still in service.

Archived