THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns extend Austin Davis w 2 yr contract

Mudfly

With Jets, Texans, Dallas, Skins & Bears in QB need I find it odd that A. Davis Agent went to Browns to extend deal. Tells me A. Davis Agent maybe getting some calls on deals on who he represents? Done deal now? Only QB Josh maybe better than is Clausen at Bears again?

Actually the more reasonable speculation with a move this big is that: a. The Browns don't dare consult Farmer while he is suspended and b. this is a major decision not involving someone about to be fired not named Manziel. Really what has he done?

If Farmer was going to be fired, why wasn't it done pre-suspension? Only thing that makes sense would be if Pet got in Jimmah's ear big-time as soon as Farmer hit the door... and I don't see that in Pet.

Edit: Or has Farmer violated the terms of his suspension?

I'm sure Farmer trusted Kuharich and his assistants to make any personal moves they deemed necessary in his absence, and said as much before he got shoved out the door to watch Sunday Ticket at home.

As others intimated, it's the timing that's perplexing. Hard to see the urgency around a one-year extension of a third-string QB that could not wait a week.

I REALLY REALLY REALLY hope its the "good"!!!!!!!

I honestly see both scenarios as "good"... the only bad would be the current, perpetual state of limbo.

Since 99 the Browns have started the 3rd stringer like 75 times. And some seasons had to go 4 deep. This prediction was not a long shot by any stretch.

Since the merger the Browns have had to start 3 or more different QBs in each of these seasons:

1988--4

2008--4

Only in one season before 1970 did they have to start 3: 1956

That is 13 seasons with 3 or more QBs starting.

FYI....there have only been 9 seasons where just 1 QB started every game since 1970:

Phipps 1 year

Sipe 4 years

Bernie 3 years

Couch 1 year.

The Browns have not had a single QB start every game since 2001 where Couch started all games his one time.

With Jets, Texans, Dallas, Skins & Bears in QB need I find it odd that A. Davis Agent went to Browns to extend deal. Tells me A. Davis Agent maybe getting some calls on deals on who he represents? Done deal now? Only QB Josh maybe better than is Clausen at Bears again?

No shit. Davis seems like a reasonably qualified candidate with the ability to start for plenty of these teams. One does wonder why he was so readily and cheaply available. Or he wasn't and required a long term signing?

WSS

I find it odd that A. Davis Agent went to Browns to extend deal. Tells me A. Davis Agent maybe getting some calls on deals on who he represents?

One does wonder why you so readily and cheaply available. Or he wasn't and required a long term signing?

WSS

So, here's the odd part.....Browns "kind of" implied that Davis(agent) reached out to them...here's Pettines quote....

"I'm not going to speak specifically on contract issues,'' said Pettine, referring to the fact the team hasn't announced it yet. "But Austin, as I've been very clear with here, is a guy that we liked. A lot of times those windows will open up, sometimes at the request of the agent, and if the two sides are in agreement that there's a window of opportunity to get something done, then you move forward and get it done.

But then, Austin Davis says this.....

"I didn't really know that they were going to reach out to try to get something done,'' he said. "Honestly, I was just happy to have a job. And then things kind of went from there."

So, not that its a big deal, who reached out to who....but it seems odd to me that Pettine added that line in there about the agent reaching out.....kind of a deflection, me thinks.....not sure why tho....

Interesting. About JM's height, can run, doesn't have a big arm..but smart.

Broke all? of Favre's records at S. Miss.

I think next year's Browns' draft will feature a 1st qb, and rounds 2-7

will be wr, lb, te, wr, lb, te..........

a lot like that.

I would speculate that if they trade Manziel this week the next home game will put Bottlegate to shame.

The fans have wised up since- plenty of booing, I'd hazard a guess at.

What's bottlegate?

McCown to Pittsburgh makes sense. Would these teams ever deal with each other?

Since you missed it W................ Started over a very bad ref call in the 4th quarter. I was at the game.

Browns would never do a deal with the Steelers in season.

bottlegate1jpg-ee3a220f1b22fb4f.jpg

There's a few thousand $$$ laying on the field...

Not a major mitigating factor, but they were plastic bottles.

My suggestion, drink the beer and replace it with urine.

I was at that game and had played a late gig the night before got a little bit drunk so the next day I was drinking Diet Pepsi in a paper cup. Nothing worthwhile to throw.

WSS

My suggestion, drink the beer and replace it with urine.

I was at that game and had played a late gig the night before got a little bit drunk so the next day I was drinking Diet Pepsi in a paper cup. Nothing worthwhile to throw.

WSS

The Refs got a golden shower as they tried to exit the field the first time, mostly beer- but I don't doubt there were other liquids tossed at them. I still can't believe the League office (considering the circumstances) didn't call a forfeit right then and there, but forced everyone back on the field to finish the game.

AKA a "trucker bomb."

Tour- I was in the lower deck- the empty plastic tossed from the 500 level was of no concern- but quite a few "trucker bombs" were raining down from the upper deck- fortunately, no fans in my section got hit with those piss filled missiles.

Since you missed it W................ Started over a very bad ref call in the 4th quarter. I was at the game.

Browns would never do a deal with the Steelers in season.

bottlegate1jpg-ee3a220f1b22fb4f.jpg

Worst call in the history of the NFL.....those refs were lucky to get out alive.....

Archived