THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns extend Austin Davis w 2 yr contract

Mudfly

Ok....sounds like they like him......2 yrs 4 million....

Must be making some very positive waves in practice......

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13776281/austin-davis-signs-2-year-extension-cleveland-browns

Wow. Actions always speak louder than words (kind of like O'Neil saying we would stop the run all off season) and this action makes me say........ Hmmmm.

@TonyGrossi if Ray Farmer is suspended, who signed Austin Davis? How has no one asked this?

Bill Kuharich Executive Chief of Staff Morocco Brown VP Player Personnel Dan Saganey Manager, Pro Personnel Brian Decker Player Personnel Strategist Ken Kovash Director, Football Research/Player Personnel

I'm sure Farmer trusted Kuharich and his assistants to make any personal moves they deemed necessary in his absence, and said as much before he got shoved out the door to watch Sunday Ticket at home. .

And if he didn't? So what. At this point farmer kinda looks like a moron so whatever. I care.

Damn, that was kind of harsh? I mean, it's not like he threw 9 million dollars in the trash and pissed on it.......... Oh wait.........

I predicted Austin Davis would be the starter eventually. I think Manziel will be a Dallas Cowboy and that's the reason they're not playing him. They need to get Davis familiar with the system and then watch. A trade is coming. Same thing they did with Richardson before trading him. It's obvious.

Manziel will be a Cowboy

I predicted Austin Davis would be the starter eventually. I think Manziel will be a Dallas Cowboy and that's the reason they're not playing him. They need to get Davis familiar with the system and then watch. A trade is coming. Same thing they did with Richardson before trading him. It's obvious.

Manziel will be a Cowboy

He'll go on to win 3-4 Super Bowls and retire a hall of famer because that's the Cleveland thing to do

I predict a knee jerk writeoff of Johnny Manziel on the Brownsboard.

Check, :P

As to the speculative opinions about what Pettine thinks about J-Man, I take him at his word that he has a long term plan and to trade him without another several starts would be truly stupid. He not only would not know what kind of gameday performer he has, but would lose a great deal of the fans who paid for that kind of live entertainment that they received against the Titans. I know this is contrary to the mind readers, but I prefer his word, not their mind reading. If nothing else Pet does exactly what he says he is going to do. That I trust and so do his players. He gave his word that Josh was his starter and despite the win, placed him right back in that position. He gave his word to J-Man that he had a long term plan for him. His team trusts him at his word there as well. To betray that trust would be the end of his coaching days.

I predict a knee jerk writeoff of Johnny Manziel on the Brownsboard.

Ha!....I would agree with that....(cause here it comes).... :D

I would at least say this signing makes you wonder "why...all of sudden do you need to do this.....this week...now"???.....when he is already under contract and the GM will be back in just another week.....seems urgent and out of the blue, if yer askin me.....

So....we now have 3 QB's signed and sealed through the 2017 season.......which is a lot if we plan on drafting one too.....

I think there are 2 possibilities:

The Good: The Browns have seen enough and feel confident enough in Johnny that they will move forward with the current group(at least for another year or 2).....which also means no top ranked QB in next years draft....

Or...

The Bad: The Browns have seen enough and are getting ready to make a move. And the only reasonable one is a Johnny or Josh trade. I think Opels idea is at least plausible. So....we trade.....move forward with Josh or Johnny, plus Austin.....and pick another next year......??

I REALLY REALLY REALLY hope its the "good"!!!!!!!

I also see there is no guaranteed money....so it looks like we can dump Austin w/o issue.....

Gotta speculate somethings happening, because the signing really doesnt make sense otherwise....

Mud-see my edit done while you were typing.

Thanks...

And, even though I know Johnny is the obvious thought.....Im not so sure....could Josh be leaving????...would anyone want him?

Along with you, I cant believe they'd stick with him through all the ups and downs, then cut him loose right when he looks ready to play......that seems insane........and with all the crap everyone has endured since he was picked, the people will LOSE THEIR MINDS if Johnny doesnt even play.....

of course, the Browns might be gauging his value(against where it was a few months ago) and think it's peaking now....

should be an interesting week.....very.....Im completely stumped....

To me, the most interesting thing that has happened is that Austin was extended a week before Farmer's "scheduled return". They sure do like to stir up the speculation pot around here, hunh?

We'll see what happens.

Mike

To me, the most interesting thing that has happened is that Austin was extended a week before Farmer's "scheduled return". They sure do like to stir up the speculation pot around here, hunh?

Hey Mike....dont know if you're listening to the radio, but that pot is really being stirred hard right now.....

Not only was he extended a week early(and when he was already signed for the whole year).....he is now the first QB to EVER be extended before even throwing a pass or playing in a game....first everrrr.....and the first 3rd stringer ever to get a 2 yr extension....sooo.....it IS an extraordinary signing..

And I also am now hearing there might be 800k guaranteed.....

Pat McManamon was just on and he's thinking somethings about to happen too.....and he's one of the few that I trust and know is close to the situation....

So is the theory that Farmer orchestrated all this or that the current GM is going rogue?

To feed speculation, please note, from my post above......Farmer's "scheduled return".

Who knows?

Mike

Archived