THE BROWNS BOARD

Is Haden Washed Up?

Tim Couch Pulls Out

Haden was torn to shreds yesterday. Targeted six times and allowing all six to be caught, for 87 yards. Worst part, it was Amari Cooper on all six completions...so a rookie took Haden to task. Truth be told, Haden has seemed to be a little behind the ball this entire year. So, it begs the question, is Haden past his prime or is there another reason for his seemingly garbage play.

In poking around, I've seen a few different excuses:

- His injury is worse than it seems.

- Our front seven are failing to get the the QB.

- He is targeted more often, thus it seems like he is giving up more plays when in reality the percentage is about the same.

Those are the only three excuses I've seen mentioned, and the third (in my opinion) is bullshit and possibly not even true. Being that I'm at work, I haven't had time to do any research into the first two, but I'd lay some credence to the second one.

As for the first...if he's injured, he shouldn't be playing.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He'll be ok. I think he's rusty, as he didn't play very much in the preseason.

Some in the Cleveland media were questioning the atmosphere at camp this summer, saying it was too relaxed. If that's true, this is the main reason why we don't look hungry as a team.

Joe Haden and Joe Thomas need to step up leadership roles, or this season's going into the tank real fast.

He gets the top receiver assigned one on one every week. The last two (Marshall and Cooper) have been tall, strong, fast and have excellent moves. Since we rarely scheme help for him, why would that surprise that he gets burned by what are going to be most likely the two top all-pro WR's?

He gets the top receiver assigned one on one every week. The last two (Marshall and Cooper) have been tall, strong, fast and have excellent moves. Since we rarely scheme help for him, why would that surprise that he gets burned by what are going to be most likely the two top all-pro WR's?

Because he's supposed to be an All Pro WR...and that's his job.

"No corner could cover a WR for more than four-five seconds" is a cop out. If that's what the defense calls for and Haden can't do it, then who's fault is it? Is it the GM's fault for not supplying talent to run the scheme? Is it the coach's fault for not adapting the scheme to fit his players?

Play Justin Gilbert if Haden is injured. 8th overall pick needs to produce. And tell Haslam to start paying his players before they leave. TJ WARD, SKRINE, RUBEN AND SHEARD. We had chemistry! Who will leave this year? Gipson? Mack?

Play Orchard, Cooper, Gaines and pick up a running back.

Farmer needs to GET OFF THE SCHNEID and start earning his money!

Turbiin is a question mark because he never played in Seattle. I notice that Seattle had A nobody Rawls rush for 104 yards. So maybe Turbin will work out. Seattle has been really good scouting talent.

GET OFF THE SCHNEID FARMER AND DO YOUR JOB!

We're on to San Diego"

Play Justin Gilbert if Haden is injured. 8th overall pick needs to produce. And tell Haslam to start paying his players before they leave. TJ WARD, SKRINE, RUBEN AND SHEARD. We had chemistry! Who will leave this year? Gipson? Mack?

Play Orchard, Cooper, Gaines and pick up a running back.

Farmer needs to GET OFF THE SCHNEID and start earning his money!

Turbiin is a question mark because he never played in Seattle. I notice that Seattle had A nobody Rawls rush for 104 yards. So maybe Turbin will work out. Seattle has been really good scouting talent.

GET OFF THE SCHNEID FARMER AND DO YOUR JOB!

We're on to San Diego"

Farmer cant do anything till after the next game (serving 4 game suspension)

Marshall and Cooper are going to be the two top recievers this year? Not likely. As far as some of the other comments if Haden still has rust in week three of the season there is a problem.

#Browns Haden suffers rib injury on 1st play in loss to Raiders, will undergo MRI:"It was tough but it's no excuse'' http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2015/09/joe_haden_cleveland_browns.html

Because he's supposed to be an All Pro WR...and that's his job.

"No corner could cover a WR for more than four-five seconds" is a cop out. If that's what the defense calls for and Haden can't do it, then who's fault is it? Is it the GM's fault for not supplying talent to run the scheme? Is it the coach's fault for not adapting the scheme to fit his players?

If the opposing team's QB has 5 seconds to throw the ball...the problem isn't your CB, it's the lack of a pass rush.

Why is it that Haden can lock-up AJ Green - a tall, quality WR - but get abused by Amari Cooper and Brandon Marshall? Haden comes to play against Green; he's always jacked-up and considers it a true mano-a-mano test of who's best. If Haden can apply that hunger to "be the best" week in and week out, instead of just doing so against Green, then it's problem solved.

Marshall and Cooper are going to be the two top recievers this year? Not likely. As far as some of the other comments if Haden still has rust in week three of the season there is a problem.

We can throw Julio Jones in with 'em if you like, but yes, in my opinion those are all all-pro by the end of the year.

If we are talking rusty your boy Cam Heyward had 0 (zero) QB pressures on 30 pass rushes last week. According to PFF.

What was the score of that game? Remind me. How many times did kaep go down? Then you can check how many tackles shazier had that game. If he's occupying lineman and freeing up the linebackers he's doing fine. Criticizing Heyward is hilarious. He's one of the top 34 ends in the nfl.

We can throw Julio Jones in with 'em if you like, but yes, in my opinion those are all all-pro by the end of the year.

Right now Marshall is 10th, Cooper is 8th. Top two are Julio Jones and Antonio Brown.

Early Sunday Joe was one of a couple DBs that appeared to have cleat issues... Benji did on Offense as well. No excuse, but you ought to be able to get the cleats right on your home field.

I also recall Joe's starts being slow, but if we sit him all pre-season that is on us.

I've no doubt that Joe has gotten more targets early than last year. Tramon vs. Buster says it all... and once teams see others having success in Joe's area... it's like blood in the water.

As for the cavalcade of great WRs.... He's great, but I have a feeling AB's rank is fixin' to drop.

I agree.

But if you fail to do your job, you shouldn't be doing it...not passing the buck.

Haden takes full accountability for Cooper having the game he did. Which is more than mature and shows great leadership.

My first love is DB. I'll tell you now, I never had more fun in a game then when my dline got shit done.

Why is it that Haden can lock-up AJ Green - a tall, quality WR - but get abused by Amari Cooper and Brandon Marshall? Haden comes to play against Green; he's always jacked-up and considers it a true mano-a-mano test of who's best. If Haden can apply that hunger to "be the best" week in and week out, instead of just doing so against Green, then it's problem solved.

College rivalry.

I had this two years ago. Haden has been overrated for two-plus years now, and I was told I was crazy even with plenty of ammo to back it up.

Homers gonna homer... Lazy national media gonna lazy.

"Lockdown" Joe Haden gonna get bbq'ed by Cecil Shorts to lose the game

What was the score of that game? Remind me. How many times did kaep go down? Then you can check how many tackles shazier had that game. If he's occupying lineman and freeing up the linebackers he's doing fine. Criticizing Heyward is hilarious. He's one of the top 34 ends in the nfl.

Expect last week you played the Rams.... Two weeks ago you played kaep.....

I dont know that Haden always starts slow.....but he definitely did last season. Was off for the first 3 games(same as this year), then played lights out for the balance.....and then Pro-Bowl....a quick look back and found these exact "Haden Sucks" type of threads after games 1 & 3 last season.....

You guys are turble....attacking one of our best....immediately.....then, probably, licking his balls a few games later.....

Here's one from Sept 22(same week last year, btw) called Haden Got smoked again....by walter , of course....

http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=30353&hl=haden

Here's one called "Haden LOL".....by Walter(again)....this is from 10-5....

http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=30474&hl=haden

And on 10-6(one day later)....here's one suddenly crying cause he's hurt...(Walter again....the next day....sheez)

http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=30494&hl=haden

And then, of course, he's the one announcing he's in the ProBowl(again)....

http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=31440&hl=haden

And, ironically, here's one complaining that he wasnt selected All Pro....

http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=31550&hl=haden

So, in summary.....we've went down this same road just last season.....whining and bitching about one of our very best after just a few games.....seriously......smh....

Im nowhere near ready to claim he's "washed up"....holy cow....dude is in the prime of his career.... Is he the best in the league???....I doubt it....but he's better than most and Im glad he's on our team......if we attack a guy like Haden for few bad games, then we dont deserve good players....

I dont know that Haden always starts slow.....but he definitely did last season. Was off for the first 3 games(same as this year), then played lights out for the balance.....and then Pro-Bowl....a quick look back and found these exact "Haden Sucks" type of threads after games 1 & 3 last season.....

You guys are turble....attacking one of our best....immediately.....then, probably, licking his balls a few games later.....

Here's one from Sept 22(same week last year, btw) called Haden Got smoked again....by walter , of course....

http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=30353&hl=haden

Here's one called "Haden LOL".....by Walter(again)....this is from 10-5....

http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=30474&hl=haden

And on 10-6(one day later)....here's one suddenly crying cause he's hurt...(Walter again....the next day....sheez)

http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=30494&hl=haden

And then, of course, he's the one announcing he's in the ProBowl(again)....

http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=31440&hl=haden

And, ironically, here's one complaining that he wasnt selected All Pro....

http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=31550&hl=haden

So, in summary.....we've went down this same road just last season.....whining and bitching about one of our very best after just a few games.....seriously......smh....

Im nowhere near ready to claim he's "washed up"....holy cow....dude is in the prime of his career.... Is he the best in the league???....I doubt it....but he's better than most and Im glad he's on our team......if we attack a guy like Haden for few bad games, then we dont deserve good players....

If we glorify players based on what they've done rather Han what they're doing, we don't deserve to win.

If he turns it around, hey I'm psyched. But, until he does, I have a right to question his play. Same with any of the other 52 players we have.

Archived