THE BROWNS BOARD

Its time to Fire Pettine

WalterWhite

2:43 a.m.? Jesus mik I thought I was the worst sleeper on here. :P

finished up a 6 day 'favor' for my best friends's son which consisted of moving his whole 3 bedroom 3rd floor apartment 100 yards down the street to his new 3 bedroom 2nd floor apartment.

"don't have much stuff....just 3 or 4 pieces.....etc. etc.". didn't want to hire a moving company because the locations were so close and he had me and his father to help him. his father is on disability with back probs and the kid played OL in HS and his knees are shot, so guess who carried every fucking thing? yes, me.

so i did a much deserved all-nighter. now i'm feeling it. feels like i went 10 rounds with holyfield.

favors are great when you're on the receiving end. seems like i never am though.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So many high picks on the o-line and shit performance weekly.

Objectively wrong.

The line is NOT the problem. Whatever the problem is on offense... and obviously I'm not disputing that the O sucks... but it's not the line's fault.

Schwartz is a top5 RT in the league and arguably outperformed Thomas last game. The weakest link, yet still with a net positive performance, is Mack.

Objectively wrong.

The line is NOT the problem. Whatever the problem is on offense... and obviously I'm not disputing that the O sucks... but it's not the line's fault.

Schwartz is a top5 RT in the league and arguably outperformed Thomas last game. The weakest link, yet still with a net positive performance, is Mack.

and the lack to find a rb in the last 10 years who can break through the first line of defense and challenge into the secondary. fuckin fingertip tackles from opposing Ds are taking these guys down.

and the lack to find a rb in the last 10 years who can break through the first line of defense and challenge into the secondary. fuckin fingertip tackles from opposing Ds are taking these guys down.

So you think Farmer might try to get this guy in 2017?

http://www.tmz.com/2015/09/30/herschel-walker-leonard-fournette-is-better-than-i-was/

i'm still not seeing a whole lot of you get the fact that we're stuck with Pettine even if we found out he liked to watch little boys bathe themselves. It just doesn't matter. We can't fire another coach for years. Nobody's coming here until ownership shows a willingness to stick with one coach one system yada yada we've been over this before.

Personally i'm sick and fucking tired of having a new coach every two years and the fan base says look at all that talent we've got, the last guy couldn't do shit with them so wut are you gonna do? Some of the guys on this team are in their 3rd system in 4 years. Enough of this shit. For gods sake it's like some Browns fans want this team to suck, but not just any suck...brand new suck. Yup, every year its a brand new suck we have to experience it seems like.

Please enough of this. I'm "BEGGING" board mods to lock and delete every fucking thread about firing our coach. Lock, don't let into the digital troposphere. Don't let people come here and take the small sample size of browns fandom that is this place, and turn around and say aha these Cleveland fuckers they want another coach gone fuck them, fuck them right in the mouth. Just don't allow, especially not from board sociopaths like Walter who make posts at the political board talking of fondly dreaming of sniping dark skinned children from a belltower.

Objectively wrong.

Uhh, you mean the Raiders game where Khalil Mack made him look like a goofy oaf footed HS tackle just out there to make his dad happy?

Why wouldn't a coach want to come here? They get there pay whether they are coaching or not.

yeah but you can lose your taste for coaching here. Where's Mangnini? Where's Chud? Shurm? Romeo? How bout Davis? <----I really hated that fucker, one of the few Browns coaches I actually couldn't stand the sight of.

Why wouldn't a coach want to come here? They get there pay whether they are coaching or not.

Where's Mangnini? Where's Chud? Shurm? Romeo? How bout Davis?

either all the losing in Cleveland cost them another chance or they were never HC material. But its a good answer for why no one else would want to coach here. Cleveland = end of the road for HCs

i'm still not seeing a whole lot of you get the fact that we're stuck with Pettine even if we found out he liked to watch little boys bathe themselves. It just doesn't matter. We can't fire another coach for years. Nobody's coming here until ownership shows a willingness to stick with one coach one system yada yada we've been over this before.

Please enough of this. I'm "BEGGING" board mods to lock and delete every fucking thread about firing our coach. Lock, don't let into the digital troposphere. Don't let people come here and take the small sample size of browns fandom that is this place, and turn around and say aha these Cleveland fuckers they want another coach gone fuck them, fuck them right in the mouth. Just don't allow, especially not from board sociopaths like Walter who make posts at the political board talking of fondly dreaming of sniping dark skinned children from a belltower.

Cleve- One of the nice things about this board- you can start a topic on almost anything. (Short of pushing counterfeit made in China Browns stuff). I you don't like WW's spew- don't respond to it. It would take a flop of say 2-14 to get Pettine fired. We'll see how the rest of the season turns out- & if starting McCown over Johnny is a monumental mistake.

Haslam is paying guys plenty not to coach. :)

Cleve- One of the nice things about this board- you can start a topic on almost anything. (Short of pushing counterfeit made in China Browns stuff). I you don't like WW's spew- don't respond to it. It would take a flop of say 2-14 to get Pettine fired. We'll see how the rest of the season turns out- & if starting McCown over Johnny is a monumental mistake.

Haslam is paying guys plenty not to coach. :)

yeah but Hoorta even 2 wins can't get him fired. Seriously. The long term damage to this franchise would be irreparable.

Uhh, you mean the Raiders game where Khalil Mack made him look like a goofy oaf footed HS tackle just out there to make his dad happy?

I must have missed that game. The one I watched Sunday Mack beat Schwartz twice all game... a spin move for a sack and a bull rush for a pressure.

Both beats were in the 4th Qtr though so maybe a case of "what have you done for me lately"?

I must have missed that game. The one I watched Sunday Mack beat Schwartz twice all game... a spin move for a sack and a bull rush for a pressure.

Both beats were in the 4th Qtr though so maybe a case of "what have you done for me lately"?

I saw Mack around the QB and in the backfield all day. He was the main disruptor of everything we tried to do. His stats for the game are good enough on their face, but they don't do justice to his overall impact on the game. We were trying to go away from him on every play. I lost count how many replays of a pass from McCown were shown where Mack didn't get there in time to disrupt the throw but you could clearly see him beating his lineman like a govt mule. So McCown holds the ball a split second later and he's down. Mack was doing that all day. Offenses compensate for a guy like that by telling the QB 2 seconds and the ball is out asshole. I mean every replay we were looking up going fuck is that 52 again? He was just near the ball on every play, and that's what playmakers do.

I saw Mack around the QB and in the backfield all day. He was the main disruptor of everything we tried to do. His stats for the game are good enough on their face, but they don't do justice to his overall impact on the game. We were trying to go away from him on every play. I lost count how many replays of a pass from McCown were shown where Mack didn't get there in time to disrupt the throw but you could clearly see him beating his lineman like a govt mule. So McCown holds the ball a split second later and he's down. Mack was doing that all day. Offenses compensate for a guy like that by telling the QB 2 seconds and the ball is out asshole. I mean every replay we were looking up going fuck is that 52 again? He was just near the ball on every play, and that's what playmakers do.

Could all be factual... it's not, but for the sake of argument, let's say it is... and still does not equate to: "Khalil Mack made (Schwartz) look like a goofy oaf footed HS tackle just out there to make his dad happy?"

If you're going to make a case, then you have to stick to it and not change it.

One thing we can say about the recent first round draft picks playing for Oakland - is they look like they are each impacting their side of the ball considerably. I think it was brilliant to give Derek Carr WRs like Amari Cooper and Michael Crabtree this past offseason. I remembered Nick Saban saying at one of the college football award shows that it was killing Cooper that he had to take a break from his intense training/conditioning routine to be in NY for that weekend. After seeing a guy like Gordon here taking his talent for granted, that little tid bit of information from Saban explained a lot about Cooper. It doesn't look like he showed up to an NFL team feeling entitled. He looks like the same player Saban described. Self motivated and never satisfied with what he's already accomplished.

Incorrect. But hey, when you've got an agenda to push, keep pushing it regardless of objective reality! I'll take Tour's OL analysis over your schlock every time.

Mack beat Schwartz ONCE. One play. All game.

Quoting from Tour's thread:

Mitch received 1 D- for the game KMack beat Mitch with a gorgeous spin move to the outside and got the edge and the strip-sack of McCown (S8P10). It was the first time KM had showed that move to Schwartz that game. Two series later KM tried it to the inside and Mitch stoned it (S10P2).

Mitchs lone D+ came relatively early when he lost KMack, but somehow managed to recover and keep KM away and Josh upright. The pass was completed to Hart for 17 (S2P3).

i'm still not seeing a whole lot of you get the fact that we're stuck with Pettine

Personally i'm sick and fucking tired of having a new coach every two years and the fan base says look at all that talent we've got, the last guy couldn't do shit with them so wut are you gonna do? Some of the guys on this team are in their 3rd system in 4 years. Enough of this shit. For gods sake it's like some Browns fans want this team to suck, but not just any suck...brand new suck. Yup, every year its a brand new suck we have to experience it seems like.

Glad I read the rest of that after the first sentence. Nice job.

Yeah, what a bastard Pettine was for turning the 4-12 train-wreck of 2013 into a season we won 7 games and had 2nd half leads on many playoff teams depicting a much better competitive value overall. That's a slam dunk get the f--- outta here if I ever saw one. It's so much more evolved and rational than any of us Pettine supporters. We need to understand how much smarter minds REALLY miss being so non-competitive in 2013. There HAS to be so many Rich Kotites out there needing jobs just promising to get us back to that skipping record-comfort zone of 4-5 wins a year.

The trouble with all the fire the coach campaigns the same people seem to start up every year before the 4th game is played is they always seem to conveniently forget the owner they bellyache about just as much is STILL in charge of doing the hiring. If one already thinks Jimmy's selection of HC criteria has been like putting a blind fold on and getting spun around numerous times before swinging at a pinyata - what's making that so exciting now? If the thought process is we need to break the cycle of losing - there's a lot of rock star HC candidates that won't touch this challenge as the never-ending trend/process has shown us along the way.

That would really be a nice way to show Joe Thomas exactly how much we appreciate him by tearing it down to nothing 1 more time on him. This way we ensure this future HOFer never gets to experience 1 playoff game here. Yep, tear it right down to nothing 1 more time because we're writing conclusions before our 4th game of the season. At some point, we're going to have to endure a learning curve here at the HC position. Why not begin that with a HC that improved our competitive level drastically in 2014?

The trouble with all the fire the coach campaigns the same people seem to start up every year before the 4th game is played is they always seem to conveniently forget the owner they bellyache about just as much is STILL in charge of doing the hiring. If one already thinks Jimmy's selection of HC criteria has been like putting a blind fold on and getting spun around numerous times before swinging at a pinyata - what's making that so exciting now? If the thought process is we need to break the cycle of losing - there's a lot of rock star HC candidates that won't touch this challenge as the never-ending trend/process has shown us along the way.

That would really be a nice way to show Joe Thomas exactly how much we appreciate him by tearing it down to nothing 1 more time on him. This way we ensure this future HOFer never gets to experience 1 playoff game here. Yep, tear it right down to nothing 1 more time because we're writing conclusions before our 4th game of the season. At some point, we're going to have to endure a learning curve here at the HC position. Why not begin that with a HC that improved our competitive level drastically in 2014?

Agree with your point Tom- if they want Pettine out of here so badly- just who is out there in the bush that would be significantly better- AND want the job?

Agree with your point Tom- if they want Pettine out of here so badly- just who is out there in the bush that would be significantly better- AND want the job?

Thanks Larry. When BB was a HC for the first time, we didn't make the playoffs until his 4th or 5th season. And that was a staff that included great coaches like Nick Saban and Kirk Ferentz.

Last year was much better improvement of the competitive value of this team than all these critics are willing to admit. Both Chip Kelly and Andy Reid were bigger gotta hires than Mike Pettine - but how much better are the fanbases in Philly and KC feeling than we are today? And not for nothing, I can't stand seeing the guys that are suddenly pretending they were everywhere demanding we go after Bruce Arians. Yeah, and Bill Clinton didn't inhale or have sex with that intern.

Archived