THE BROWNS BOARD

Its time to Fire Pettine

WalterWhite

Would someone PLEASE explain what happened to our defense? Is it coaching? They drafted Oline and secondary and Shelton what's happening? I only get Red Zone. Our cable company doesn't offer NFL games

Nothing has happened. They haven't got pressure on the QB in 3+ years, can't stop the run and have an aging shutdown corner.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But the Raiders and Titans at least have an offense! It's Farmer that needs a head check. No receivers equal no run game and every team in the NFL knows that! I don't see the Browns winning 7 games. You need weapons to have a run game.

But the Raiders and Titans at least have an offense! It's Farmer that needs a head check. No receivers equal no run game and every team in the NFL knows that! I don't see the Browns winning 7 games. You need weapons to have a run game.

Atlanta Falcons would like a word with you. They disagree.

Typical knee-jerk thread...

Chargers- jerk McCowns knee.

YOU FUCKING HATERS HAVE NO FAITH! THE GAME IS NOT OVER YOU SCUMBAG!

I had faith McCown would screw it up somehow- with a badly underthron pass.

I personally like Pettine, I think he has done a good job thus far. If we can fill some position needs in the draft next year and get more depth at positions we need it at I honestly feel like we can have a playoff team next year. This isn't the "Same old Browns"

Would someone PLEASE explain what happened to our defense? Is it coaching? They drafted Oline and secondary and Shelton what's happening? I only get Red Zone. Our cable company doesn't offer NFL games

Well do you live out in the country? Find a Browns Backers watch party. I don't understand being invested enough to be on a board but not even watching the games.

7? you're being an optimist.

Don't the Browns have 3 healthy Pro Bowl offensive lineman?

Inquiring minds want to know what in the hell is up with that.

This is a dumb fucking thread. Pettine is a good coach. Get the fuck all the way outta here

You must have missed the face palms. Currently- he has no running game, and a defense that can't stop the run. That was his Turtleball Mantra. Add in a game manager quarterback that can't hit the broadside of a barn deep- "Mission Control, we have a problem."

As I said in another discussion here on the Board, we need to put our efforts heavily on the free agency.

Getting experience good players, that's what we need to do.

Taking players in the draft has been hurting us for 15 years. We can't choose the right players and if we do we cannot develop them.

As I said in another discussion here on the Board, we need to put our efforts heavily on the free agency.

Taking players in the draft has been hurting us for 15 years. We can't choose the right players and if we do we cannot develop them.

I would agree if there wasn't a salary cap. If you were a free agent the only reason to choose Cleveland is because they are overpaying just look at Kruger, Dansby, Whitner and Bowe.

Free agency, something we haven't made a splash in.... Ever. When free agency comes up we will say, "we're building this team through the draft" (which means, we blow all 10 picks on guys who are over rated and will be out of the league in 3-4 years).for some reason, regardless of the regime, we avoid free agency. I think it's so we won't embarrass ourselves.

I would agree if there wasn't a salary cap. If you were a free agent the only reason to choose Cleveland is because they are overpaying just look at Kruger, Dansby, Whitner and Bowe.

Earlier analysts were saying Drew Bree's contract will have to be renegotiated or Bree's will need to be cut or traded. I say if it's the latter, go after him and let him mold JM. Same build, same skill set. But we won't do it, even if the opportunity were to be gift wrapped. Hell I might look to see what feasibility there is in getting Bree's now.

Earlier analysts were saying Drew Bree's contract will have to be renegotiated or Bree's will need to be cut or traded. I say if it's the latter, go after him and let him mold JM. Same build, same skill set. But we won't do it, even if the opportunity were to be gift wrapped. Hell I might look to see what feasibility there is in getting Bree's now.

Drew Brees is a true pocket passer, very different than Manziel, and again would cost a pretty penny to lose

Defense is terrible because we don't have talented enough linebackers to run it . . . That and Pettine seems too timid to put pressure on the QB at key times of the game, and especially right before halftime lol. We supposedly have a top tier secondary, but he seems to have little to zero faith in them.

I'm still annoyed that we had all that talent on the d-line but instead of running a defense that would take advantage of that depth we let a lot of guys go and run a scheme that you need good linebackers to run . . . Which we don't have of course.

Defense is terrible because we don't have talented enough linebackers to run it . . . That and Pettine seems too timid to put pressure on the QB at key times of the game, and especially right before halftime lol. We supposedly have a top tier secondary, but he seems to have little to zero faith in them.

I'm still annoyed that we had all that talent on the d-line but instead of running a defense that would take advantage of that depth we let a lot of guys go and run a scheme that you need good linebackers to run . . . Which we don't have of course.

I somewhat disagree. I feel that Pettine overestimates our secondary by playing man coverage all the time. Our linebackers don't get enough pressure on the QB which forces our secondary to be perfect or give up a big play..

I somewhat disagree. I feel that Pettine overestimates our secondary by playing man coverage all the time. Our linebackers don't get enough pressure on the QB which forces our secondary to be perfect or give up a big play..

Our LBer's have been one dimensional for years. Kahlil Mack would've been a nice addition.

You guys know the only reason pettine has a job with the Browns is/was because was Haslem was DETERMINED NOT to fire/hire another coach. It's a decision on part of the owner to have consistency at the manager position for sake of consistency.

It's a BS premise.

Archived