THE BROWNS BOARD

This Week in the AFC North

Zombo

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The other reason I know nobody cares about this shit is because you've had to have this conversation 100 other times. When you have to defend it every time you bring it up it's because no one agrees with you. You're a pompous ass with probably not a friend in the world. Stick your Akron Pros championship up your ass. You probably have one there already.

NO ONE disagrees with me except Stupid Steeler fans. There is no agreeing or disagreeing with historical fact.

Not sure why or how you think you can change historical facts.

I mean, Bluto, you probably think the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor.

Yeah, 8 championships. Four were NFL and 4 were AAFC. That's a lot different than 13 NFL Championships. You wouldn't get an argument from anyone if whenever you did your stupid list you just presented the facts as they are without trying to overstate it. But because of your insecurities and need to have Cleveland at the top of something you might as well throw in some bullshit and hope no one reads too deep into it.

The facts ARE the facts. There is no overstating or understating it. Facts are facts.

Yes, the BROWNS won those 4 and 4. But the Browns are not the only NFL team to have played in Northeast Ohio to have won a title. To say that those teams didn't win the title would be like saying Baltimore can't count the Colts titles because the Colts are not there, or that LA can't count the Raiders title because the Raiders don't play there any more.

And I suppose you say that Houston owns no titles because the Oilers no longer play there.....and other teams that won titles in different cities: (Chiefs in Dallas as Texans, Cardinals in Chicago, Rams in LA, etc.) And I did a "city" list, not a franchise list.

A number of cities/regions have had more than one franchise win titles besides Cleveland: New England, New York, Philadelphia, Chicago, Baltimore, Dallas, Los Angeles, SF/Oak/SJ.

Sorry you can't handle the facts.

I mean, your performance here in this regard is about as pathetic as your team's performance last night.

The other reason I know nobody cares about this shit is because you've had to have this conversation 100 other times. When you have to defend it every time you bring it up it's because no one agrees with you. You're a pompous ass with probably not a friend in the world. Stick your Akron Pros championship up your ass. You probably have one there already.

Gip might be factually accurate, but his facts are a stretch. Him claiming "NE Ohio" would be like me claiming the Cincinnati Reds World Series for Dayton- because they play in SW Ohio. It was a different era back then. Dayton had an NFL team called the Triangles.

However- that's no excuse for Steeler ignorance claiming the history of the NFL didn't exist until 1970. Seems the Steelers stunk before that time.

Gip might be factually accurate, but his facts are a stretch. Him claiming "NE Ohio" would be like me claiming the Cincinnati Reds World Series for Dayton- because they play in SW Ohio. It was a different era back then. Dayton had an NFL team called the Triangles.

However- that's no excuse for Steeler ignorance claiming the history of the NFL didn't exist until 1970. Seems the Steelers stunk before that time.

I am taking the regional market that is the natural home marketing base of each NFL team. Yes, I do claim the Cleveland Indians/Browns titles even though I am from the Akron area. Should I not? And yes, if Dayton is in the natural home marketing base of the Cincinnati Reds, then yes, people in Dayton can claim that.

I and the NFL essentially are looking at the Nielsen media markets, because that is what it is all about.....and has been since before there was such a thing as the Super Bowl.

See this:

http://www.tvb.org/media/file/2015-2016-dma-ranks.pdf

These are the natural media marketing areas. These are the areas of significance to the NFL. Note that this area is the Cleveland/Akron/Canton designated market area.

We can't be confined by strict geographic boundaries.

I am taking the regional market that is the natural home marketing base of each NFL team. Yes, I do claim the Cleveland Indians/Browns titles even though I am from the Akron area. Should I not? And yes, if Dayton is in the natural home marketing base of the Cincinnati Reds, then yes, people in Dayton can claim that.

I and the NFL essentially are looking at the Nielsen media markets, because that is what it is all about.....and has been since before there was such a thing as the Super Bowl.

See this:

http://www.tvb.org/media/file/2015-2016-dma-ranks.pdf

These are the natural media marketing areas. These are the areas of significance to the NFL. Note that this area is the Cleveland/Akron/Canton designated market area.

We can't be confined by strict geographic boundaries.

:) Well when LeBron left he claimed he was from Akron, not Cleveland- and I certainly don't tell people I identify with Cincinnati sports teams because I'm from Dayton. & heck- Canton is an hour's drive south of Cleveland- when I was living up there- I certainly didn't identify as having any connection to the Canton Bulldogs. By your stretch standard- Toledo is part of the Detroit marketing area- even though there's a ton of Browns fans there.

and add that back in the days of Canton Bulldogs and Dayton Triangles, there were also the Akron Pros, Columbus Panhandlers and Cleveland Tigers....so basically half the NFL was in Ohio,,,,add Buffallo, Chicago, Rochester, Detroit, Muncie and the whole league is within a few hours drive....so you claim em all if ya want.....;)

Archived