THE BROWNS BOARD

Peyton Hillis/ Madden 2012

Cowsrus

I don't know if this has been posted here before, I haven't been here in a bit but this was sent to me by my friends son & I thought it was kinda cool so I thought I'd pass it along.

Peyton Hillis | Madden 2012 | Beware of the Juggernaut | NewBrownsMusic.com

Like it or not, Hillis is the best RB on Cleveland's roster right now.

He's the same player as Trent Richardson - and given the low number of carries he received at Arkansas/Denver, he's going to remain pretty good for a while.

Hillis may never be an All-Pro, but there are starters in this league with much less talent. Remember, for giving up on Brady Quinn we got Hillis and two draft picks, one last year and one this year. That was another amazing Heckert trade.

I can't really recall any ohh & ahh plays from Hillis this season but he ran well against the Ravens.

I think he is an ideal guy paired with a speed back and he is probably one of the top 3 short yardage guys in the NFL. To me he seems like a perfect wco fullback. I think he's at his best getting 10-15 carries a game preferably mostly in the second half. I really don't think we can afford to lose a guy like him.

I kept hearing Hillis was a locker room cancer last year. Is that expected to change?

I think that was all bull. Hillis was hurt for a good part of the year....and he was involved in a contract negotiations with the team that didn't get resolved, so that combination of issues automatically caused some idjits to say he was a locker room cancer.

I believe there was absolutley no truth whatsoever in that rumor.

So, the answer is: I don't expect anything to change because I don't think anything needs to change. He could go elsewhere for more money perhaps, but that doesn't make him a cancer.

I wouldn't go as far to call him a cancer but the team did have an intervention style meeting with him during that whole fiasco last season. I think Mary Kay Cabot exaggerated the situation,but it was definitely a distraction. He was rumored to be wanting a 10mil per year type deal and I think it's safe to say his ego may have gotten a bit out of control.

I think that was all bull. Hillis was hurt for a good part of the year....and he was involved in a contract negotiations with the team that didn't get resolved, so that combination of issues automatically caused some idjits to say he was a locker room cancer.

I believe there was absolutley no truth whatsoever in that rumor.

So, the answer is: I don't expect anything to change because I don't think anything needs to change. He could go elsewhere for more money perhaps, but that doesn't make him a cancer.

Fair enough. Being a fan of a team with plenty of their own locker room distractions (thankfully gone now), you can see how I wouldn't know about Hillis.

This years Madden cover voting will be set up differently.

2 players from each team first go head to head, then its the normal bracket.

I'm gonna guess EA makes sure another Browns player isn't on the cover. They'll probably put up like Joe Thomas and Phil Dawson. (Of course Dawson on the cover would be amazing)

Archived