THE BROWNS BOARD

Annual Joe Thomas Trade Watch is in Full Swing

Tour2ma

Supposedly the asking price is a 2nd round pick... and is considered "steep".

A 2nd for a future HOF LT... with plenty of tread left.

I love Joe. Would love to see him win a ring. But only a 2nd? With our QBs being hurt left and... ummm... make that middle and right?

Sorry, Joe... have to be a little selfish here.

I love Joe. Would love to see him win a ring. But only a 2nd? With our QBs being hurt left and... ummm... make that middle and right?

i think we can trade him for a 2nd. maybe trade haden for a 3rd? and pryor for a 3rd? gotta stock up on picks to make the analytics work.

He is not ever going to get into the HOF. He never played on a playoff team, never won anything. He was never a part of any record setting offense or any other team success. He was at best, and average OL. He should have been traded 5 - 6 years ago when he had value. Now? He has no value. Nobody wants his ass. Nobody wanted him last year when they tried to trade him. Joe Thomas blows.

but the NFL will have sympathy for the browns ghoolie, and will vote joe in. bank on it. i think joe is a great lineman, but does it mean anything to us? not really anymore.

He is not ever going to get into the HOF. He never played on a playoff team, never won anything. He was never a part of any record setting offense or any other team success. He was at best, and average OL. He should have been traded 5 - 6 years ago when he had value. Now? He has no value. Nobody wants his ass. Nobody wanted him last year when they tried to trade him. Joe Thomas blows.

Dammit, he's made the Pro Bowl every freaking year- that counts for something in voters minds. Other thing, he's been pretty durable- never missed a snap. Erving gets a freaking cold, and he's out of the game. If Joe gets traded to a playoff team- your theory goes out the window. I do give you some credence though, based on- if Clay Matthews had played for the Steelers, he'd already be in the HOF.

Several teams are interested in JT. Carolina may make an offer for Haden and I have read that Green Bay is VERY interested in Pryor.

Sure, why not? Let's get rid of any talent we have. Dump Kirksey while we're at it. Personally, I'd unload Tramon Williams for a six pack- it doesn't even have to be cold. LOL, as someone said while we were watching the debacle this afternoon- we could have a pretty decent start on a new qb jersey in the store window- just using this year.

Would take a first, either you're all in on the rebuild or you aren't, wouldn't make sense for the FO to reject a first. And if it is a second, it should still make them think.

Nope- you trade JT to a playoff team, it would be a LOW second. Hell's Bells, just how many picks do you want next year? We already have 2 firsts, and 2 seconds. As crappy as the Browns are playing right now- they could have 8 picks in the first round- and they still wouldn't be a playoff caliber team in 2017.

First ballot. I've had muh say.

Mike

Pryor may be our only playmaker. But with this anal ytics crew, they might get a handful of magic beans for him. And that could just possibly, maybe, sorta lead to a convincing victory in 2 years.

OK, I snorted some soda on that. ^_^

Agree T, a 2nd is far too low.... No reason to give him away.

Would take a first, either you're all in on the rebuild or you aren't, wouldn't make sense for the FO to reject a first. And if it is a second, it should still make them think.

Christ how many qb's do you want to see die back there,,,,,,,,,,,,,,trust me it would be worse if he wasn't there

First ballot. I've had muh say.

Mike

+1 And I'll add GO FUCK YOURSELF GHOOLIE!!! as big a dick as you are

...that should be easy! Remember to pull your head out first! Not only are you a DOUCHE but the bag it came in...REALLY!!!

Translation: Up your offers... ;)

I did love this bit in the article:

While the rest of the offensive line struggles, the team can at least rest assured knowing that the traditional blind side is in the hands of a capable veteran who is eager to dispense advice and understands the peaks and valleys of playing in Cleveland.

This just in... we've had "peaks".

Archived