THE BROWNS BOARD

Haden Doubtful...

domcucch1994

Well what a surprise here...

We need to find a way to unload Joe Haden he never plays and when he does he is pretty inconsistent! Gets burned by the rest of them. Need to find a Sherman type in the draft. Big, physical, and can shut down the best wideouts in the game!

http://www.dawgsbynature.com/2016/10/21/13358338/injury-report-for-browns-vs-bengals-joe-haden-doubtful-terrelle-pryor-questionable

Joe's been great. I think we can all remember him at his peak shutting down the likes of AJ Green and Julio Jones. Also easy to remember him flying to his edge to disrupt runs his way. Tough guy who still looks to be the best CB, if not DB, we have on the team. Two INTs in 4 games this season ain't nothing...

However, only in his rookie year has he appeared in all 16 games and last year's 5 was a career low. Lot of wear and tear over 6 seasons and counting. Enough to where he can't stay healthy and even when he is, he can't be his best anymore.

With nearly $11mm/yr guaranteed each of the next three years, his contract does not look "moveable" to me. Help in the form of a pass rush and/or a hot, young CB opposite him would seem to be the best Rx.

What is he 5'10 180, can't really see him as a safety.

He's a touch bigger than that. 5'11 190ish. At his age and body type another 5-10lbs is very obtainable. Even then, when you're back on a hash and you master angles, its much easier to protect yourself than at CB IMHO.

Joe's been great. I think we can all remember him at his peak shutting down the likes of AJ Green and Julio Jones. Also easy to remember him flying to his edge to disrupt runs his way. Tough guy who still looks to be the best CB, if not DB, we have on the team. Two INTs in 4 games this season ain't nothing...

However, only in his rookie year has he appeared in all 16 games and last year's 5 was a career low. Lot of wear and tear over 6 seasons and counting. Enough to where he can't stay healthy and even when he is, he can't be his best anymore.

With nearly $11mm/yr guaranteed each of the next three years, his contract does not look "moveable" to me. Help in the form of a pass rush and/or a hot, young CB opposite him would seem to be the best Rx.

He's not moveable. We can only hope he gets healthy and stays healthy. He will be a Brown this year and next.

Very worried about our DBs tomorrow, if ever these young pass rusher are going to "get it", let's hope it kicks in tomorrow.

Z

He's not moveable. We can only hope he gets healthy and stays healthy. He will be a Brown this year and next.

Very worried about our DBs tomorrow, if ever these young pass rusher are going to "get it", let's hope it kicks in tomorrow.

Z

How prescient! (maybe not). Being "very worried about our DBs tomorrow" was an understatement. That group sucks the life out of this team.

And....as far as I can see....the coaching of this talentless bunch is about equal to the talent.

Let's have AJ Green covered one on one with Boddy-Calhoun.

What ass thought up that strategy?

Like Tour mentioned, Joe Haden has been great - he's been getting banged up here and there, sure.

But Haden has been the guy that shut down the likes of A.J. Green - much to Green's frustration.

The Cincy game shows how valuable Haden has been, and how terrific he's been.

I believe the Browns will go after db's in the next draft like they did wr's last draft.

Toss in a safety or two...great to have all those picks. Taylor did his best, but kept coming up short -

it's a hell of a tough assignment to cover the likes of Green.

Archived