THE BROWNS BOARD

Draft Talk

Adoug319

Point being, I came up with a similar number of 'must upgrades' for the offseason. That'd be 4 top 50 picks as it stands, plus a couple of FA guys, and retaining everyone.

Browns should have like 5 picks in the top 65. They CAN start to make some hey with those picks.....but as someone noted....it is not how many and how high....but how good the picks become. Don't need no more Gilberts/Ervings/Manziels/Mingos/Weedens/Richardsons in the first round.

Or Greg Littles , Montario Hardestys, Brian Robiskies in the second round.

Or Leon McFaddens or Terence Wests in the third round.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Snap Command?

First time I have focused on him, tia...

... and quickness. His quick twitch/ strength combo out of the same set of muscles is what makes him so very special.

Reads like a Mingo scouting report...

Snap command - he was having trouble keeping them chest level or putting too much on it. A few real bad ones in the first couple games this year.

Yeah, Watts first step is every bit as elite as some other premier ends.

James Conner from Pitt? Big fella who can catch the ball.

Agreed from ACC country..will be a Tough Hard-nose back in NFL & far more durable than FSU D.Cook imo..Get in later round also

edit: I'd also like to say I"m in the market for a big, chain moving running back. Crow and Duke are decent enough but even being 220 I don't see the Crow as the punishing runner Hue wants

for a power game between the tackles. I'm not saying get me a short yardage back, but somebody who in the middle rounds that can come in and smack a linebacker on an iso.

My Dad & I left Balt. game to the Navy/Tulsa game last Saturday. Than we returned to my hometown to watch Navy destroy ECU..Check out a senior now getting playing time at Navy Shawn White,6'1" 255lbs. yea,triple option but this kid runs & blocks in the hole like The Bus Bettis & hurdles over lineman in his path also. big time sleeper

There's some positions where our need really doesn't correspond with availability of solid starters in free agency. Center for example, basically nobody. Free Safety - unless we sign Eric Berry in some shocking move, there's again not much going on. QB it's a given that we're not going to get our guy.

Here's a fun fuckaround scenario that I did while sick. This is assuming we'd pay for free agents under 28 and that these free agents actually hit the market and don't resign with their respective teams.

Trade:

Joe Haden + 2017 1st round pick (#22) + 2017 3rd round pick + 2018 1st round pick to the Panthers in exchange for 2017 1st round pick + (#6) + 2017 2nd round pick

Re-sign:

Jonathan Cooper, Austin Pasztor, Terrelle Pryor, Jamie Collins, Jamar Taylor

Sign:

Trumaine Johnson, CB - 4 yr/ $60 million - $15 mil average

Eric Berry, FS - 5 yr/ $50 million - $10 mil average

Chance Warmack, OG - 4 yr/ $17 million - $4.25 mil average

Draft:

Round 1 Pick 1: Myles Garrett, DE/OLB, Texas A&M

Round 1 Pick 8 (CAR): Jabrill Peppers, OLB, Michigan - (There's no way in hell he falls this far)

Round 2 Pick 1: DeShone Kizer, QB, Notre Dame

Round 2 Pick 8 (CAR): Cordrea Tankersley, CB, Clemson

Round 2 Pick 25 (HOU): Ethan Pocic, C, LSU

Round 3 Pick 27 (DEN): Samaje Perine, RB, Oklahoma

Round 4 Pick 27 (DEN): Dan Skipper, OT, Arkansas

Round 5 Pick 1: Durham Smythe, TE, Notre Dame

Round 5 Pick 29: Chidobe Awuzie, CB, Colorado

Round 6 Pick 1: Cooper Rush, QB, Central Michigan

QB - Kizer/RG3/ Kessler

RB - Crow/ Duke / Perine

LT - Thomas / Bitonio

LG - Bitonio / Cooper

C - Greco / Pocic

RG - Warmack / Cooper

RT - Pazstor / Skipper

TE - Barnidge/ Smythe

WR1 - Pryor

WR2 - Coleman

WR3 - Hawkins?

RE - Garrett

DT - Shelton

LE - Nassib/Bryant

LOLB - Orchard

ILB - Davis

ILB - Kirksey

ROLB - Collins

CB1 - Johnson

CB2 - Tankersley

SCB - Taylor/ Awuzie

FS - Berry

SS - Peppers

From what I read, 2017 is NOT a strong year for OL, and that concerns me. Obviously, we need SO much help, and I have NO idea where that's coming from. I mean, you guys remember when we had it first and goal from like the 2 yard line and our first play was a 3 yard loss by Crow? Not that it was Crow's fault, but the point is Greco completely whiffed. I believe Crow got hit by TWO guys, so I don't know who else missed their block, but I know for sure Greco did. Crow got hit right when he got the ball! Jesus guys. Ya know, I don't put that play on Hue Jackson because, as a coach, you have to think that on first and goal from the 1 or 2, you have a pretty good chance to either get the TD or not LOSE yardage. Hue can't even call a run play. He literally can't do it.

Now, what I DO blame him for is not KNOWING that he couldn't call that run play. Should he be able to? Yes, he should be able to, but we CAN'T RIGHT NOW. Steelers were all over that Crow run, and what works really well on 1st and goal? Play action.

The good news for our team is the upcoming draft is strong with DB's and safeties. So that's good, but we obviously need a center, and we can't hang our hopes on Reiter. I keep hearing that the Browns "aren't getting their protections right." Well, whose fault is THAT? Is that the center? Is that the QB? Is that the coach? I don't know enough about football to know the answer, but from everything I hear, it's the CENTER that is supposed to call out protections. How many times did we see one of our RB's have to go up against Timmons? How does that keep happening? Ugh....I just can't right now.

Here's a fun fuckaround scenario that I did while sick. This is assuming we'd pay for free agents under 28 and that these free agents actually hit the market and don't resign with their respective teams.

Trade:

Joe Haden + 2017 1st round pick (#22) + 2017 3rd round pick + 2018 1st round pick to the Panthers in exchange for 2017 1st round pick + (#6) + 2017 2nd round pick

Re-sign:

Jonathan Cooper, Austin Pasztor, Terrelle Pryor, Jamie Collins, Jamar Taylor

Sign:

Trumaine Johnson, CB - 4 yr/ $60 million - $15 mil average

Eric Berry, FS - 5 yr/ $50 million - $10 mil average

Chance Warmack, OG - 4 yr/ $17 million - $4.25 mil average

Draft:

Round 1 Pick 1: Myles Garrett, DE/OLB, Texas A&M

Round 1 Pick 8 (CAR): Jabrill Peppers, OLB, Michigan - (There's no way in hell he falls this far)

Round 2 Pick 1: DeShone Kizer, QB, Notre Dame

Round 2 Pick 8 (CAR): Cordrea Tankersley, CB, Clemson

Round 2 Pick 25 (HOU): Ethan Pocic, C, LSU

Round 3 Pick 27 (DEN): Samaje Perine, RB, Oklahoma

Round 4 Pick 27 (DEN): Dan Skipper, OT, Arkansas

Round 5 Pick 1: Durham Smythe, TE, Notre Dame

Round 5 Pick 29: Chidobe Awuzie, CB, Colorado

Round 6 Pick 1: Cooper Rush, QB, Central Michigan

QB - Kizer/RG3/ Kessler

RB - Crow/ Duke / Perine

LT - Thomas / Bitonio

LG - Bitonio / Cooper

C - Greco / Pocic

RG - Warmack / Cooper

RT - Pazstor / Skipper

TE - Barnidge/ Smythe

WR1 - Pryor

WR2 - Coleman

WR3 - Hawkins?

RE - Garrett

DT - Shelton

LE - Nassib/Bryant

LOLB - Orchard

ILB - Davis

ILB - Kirksey

ROLB - Collins

CB1 - Johnson

CB2 - Tankersley

SCB - Taylor/ Awuzie

FS - Berry

SS - Peppers

I like it!

Now....if only Shashi believed in signing FA talent.......

Reads like a Mingo scouting report...

Right, which is why i now look at potential pass rushers in the draft differently. Speed rushing and finesse maneuvers, no matter how spectacular they look, do nothing for me anymore. I now compare them to bosa. How do these guys deal when the play is right at them and they're forced to go head up with a tackle or pulling guard. Why im higher on allen than garrett. Cause in the nfl they "will" get their hands on u. Garrett makes highlight reels with that freakish shoulder dip ala von miller.

That doesnt mean i dont think garrett might be special someday but we dont have a history of developing players. So the more nfl ready a guy is in terms of power, thats what i look for.

OK-there are plenty of power plays, plenty of shoulder dips and plenty of pure speed. This was published Nov. 16 so go ahead and evaluate the highlights.

Character? OK.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQuEpzpU810

OK-there are plenty of power plays, plenty of shoulder dips and plenty of pure speed. This was published Nov. 16 so go ahead and evaluate the highlights.

What the Browns need are the #1 and the #2 picks....so they can get both Trubisky and Garrett. But, alas, I think the QB has to trump the defender.

What the Browns need are the #1 and the #2 picks....so they can get both Trubisky and Garrett. But, alas, I think the QB has to trump the defender.

And I am a defense first guy so I understand your choice, but just come from a different perspective, especially when one looks like a 3 season no brainer and the other with 1 season question marks.

And I am a defense first guy so I understand your choice, but just come from a different perspective, especially when one looks like a 3 season no brainer and the other with 1 season question marks.

Or...is your pespective: "I am an Aggie guy, and I want the Aggie guy to go #1"?

Don't get me wrong, he may be a great choice. And this defense needs a guy like that. But I think the team needs a franchise QB. This team needs a resurrection ....and only a QB, I believe can work that miracle.

Still with work to do...

• I see Allen as our first R1; D. Bryant/Sheldon/Allen looks like a 3-4 dream DL...
  • TCPO's Kizer at the top of R2 does it for me... a 2nd QB later? Not so much...
  • Our Philly pick? Catch me later...

Still with work to do...

• I see Allen as our first R1; D. Bryant/Sheldon/Allen looks like a 3-4 dream DL...
  • TCPO's Kizer at the top of R2 does it for me... a 2nd QB later? Not so much...
  • Our Philly pick? Catch me later...

Couldn't pass up Cooper Rush in the 6th. That guy screams "developmental QB".

Or they could just be creating the appearance of really wanting Trubisky to generate a potential opportunity of fleecing someone. It will be silly season until April.

They generally just fleece themselves when they make those moves. How many times have they traded down (or up)to have it all work out greatly in their favor?

They generally just fleece themselves when they make those moves. How many times have they traded down (or up)to have it all work out greatly in their favor?

Some of that statement is true, but it isn't the act of making the trade that screwed the Browns, it was the fact they didn't select the correct players. Many people felt the trades were heavily slanted in our favor, but we simply couldn't put the picks to good use. Sammy Watkins isn't anything to write home about, but Julio Jones certainly is.

Some of that statement is true, but it isn't the act of making the trade that screwed the Browns, it was the fact they didn't select the correct players. Many people felt the trades were heavily slanted in our favor, but we simply couldn't put the picks to good use. Sammy Watkins isn't anything to write home about, but Julio Jones certainly is.

For sure, making the right pick is what it is all about. They traded up to #22 to take JMZ instead of taking Carr. They traded down an took Gilbert when they could have taken Aaron Donald. They traded up to take TR....but could have had Kuechley.

Go back to the trade up for Quinn.

And on and on and on it goes. And, yes, when they stayed put they made bad choices as well.

Archived