THE BROWNS BOARD

Attending Browns Games 2016

Zombo

I live just north of Atlanta so Nashville was on my radar until I realized I would be riding home from Biketoberfest that day. I will however be taking my talents to south beach with Stan and Zombo and most likely be at most home games as I just bought season tickets. ( It's complicated ) With only a three week recovery time in between Miami and Nashville I'm sure Stan will shine, but Zombo doesn't recover like he used to.

Stan is still south of 50 and his MO is to keep the party going, seems to work for him.

I get hungover if I drink a Summer Shandy now.

Z

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only 6 more Fridays and its a road trip to Lambeau Field. Anyone else going?

Regarding the Titans game- after a lot of research, I'm going to stay at the La Quinta at the airport. Hotel has gotten generally favorable reviews- (has it's usual share of bitchy reviews) it's cheaper than Tom's suggestion of Drury Inn, and a world cheaper than any of the Downtown Nashville hotels. Ten minute drive to the Stadium. Certainly looks better than that Days In we been staying at in Berea. I really couldn't believe those downtown Nashville hotels are asking and getting NYC or San Francisco prices for rooms. LOL, if you fancy Knight's Inn as a place to sleep- it's the only hotel near the stadium under $150. Most others in the $350- $450 range, which I suppose is fine if you're a country music star.

Regarding the Titans game- after a lot of research, I'm going to stay at the La Quinta at the airport. Hotel has gotten generally favorable reviews- (has it's usual share of bitchy reviews) it's cheaper than Tom's suggestion of Drury Inn, and a world cheaper than any of the Downtown Nashville hotels. Ten minute drive to the Stadium. Certainly looks better than that Days In we been staying at in Berea. I really couldn't believe those downtown Nashville hotels are asking and getting NYC or San Francisco prices for rooms. LOL, if you fancy Knight's Inn as a place to sleep- it's the only hotel near the stadium under $150. Most others in the $350- $450 range, which I suppose is fine if you're a country music star.

I thought I suggested the Fiddler Inn. (or were you talking about a different Tom?)

I thought I suggested the Fiddler Inn. (or were you talking about a different Tom?)

LOL! God bless ya! I told Larry to reference the info in my post about the Drury Inn so he could get the deal I set up with the employee in reservations or try your Fiddler's Inn.

Going to Titans game.

Nice!

I'll try to post up in this thread when the Dawg House Saloon parties for Cleveland fans are that weekend as we get closer to it so those of us going can meet up. The Browns Backers club that meets there will have parties there on Friday, Saturday and Sunday so check back for the times.

Nice!

I'll try to post up in this thread when the Dawg House Saloon parties for Cleveland fans are that weekend as we get closer to it so those of us going can meet up. The Browns Backers club that meets there will have parties there on Friday, Saturday and Sunday so check back for the times.

Awesome, I'm really looking forward to it!

Dude...Nashville is a hot spot. I know you think it a hick spot.....but hick is cool ....country music makes a LOT of money for a LOT of people...it isn't called Music City for nothing. Lots of people are booking rooms in Nashville.

Dude...Nashville is a hot spot. I know you think it a hick spot.....but hick is cool ....country music makes a LOT of money for a LOT of people...it isn't called Music City for nothing. Lots of people are booking rooms in Nashville.

That doesn't mean that those rooms are not overpriced. Another place that, to me, has vastly overpriced rooms is Boston. I know as I have kinda been looking. You actually can get a decent room in Manhattan for about $`100 (not great, but not a fleabag). You can't find that in Boston unless you want to stay in a hostel, which are essentially bunkhouses.

• 2 weeks later...

That doesn't mean that those rooms are not overpriced. Another place that, to me, has vastly overpriced rooms is Boston. I know as I have kinda been looking. You actually can get a decent room in Manhattan for about $`100 (not great, but not a fleabag). You can't find that in Boston unless you want to stay in a hostel, which are essentially bunkhouses.

I get that part, but it is simply supply and demand. If you have thousands willing to spend $125 on a crap hotel, you can expect to start paying twice for a nice hotel. I spend 4-5 nights a year in Nashville. I almost always stay at the Courtyard, West End...out near Vandy...a 2-3 mile cab ride down around the arena and Legends Corner. Any way I cut it, unless I redeem points, it is going to run anywhere from $220-$250 a night. Sometimes you catch a deal and maybe get a room just under $200.

I get that part, but it is simply supply and demand. If you have thousands willing to spend $125 on a crap hotel, you can expect to start paying twice for a nice hotel. I spend 4-5 nights a year in Nashville. I almost always stay at the Courtyard, West End...out near Vandy...a 2-3 mile cab ride down around the arena and Legends Corner. Any way I cut it, unless I redeem points, it is going to run anywhere from $220-$250 a night. Sometimes you catch a deal and maybe get a room just under $200.

Well, I get the supply and demand thing....still to me, "overpriced" means " a lot more than I want to pay".....or "a lot more than a comparable hotel in other similar places. If say, a Hampton Inn in Memphis/Louisville/Cincinnati is $100.00 a night, but in Nashville it is $200.00 a night....to me that is overpriced (based on its value to me).

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to the opener against Baltimore.. We're going to be tailgating in the back behind the RRHOF and FES

Be one with nature, camp in a nice campground.

Seven Points Campground

15 Google reviews

Campground · Hermitage

Address: 1810 Stewarts Ferry Pike, Hermitage, TN 37076

Phone:(615) 889-5198

Website

Directions

AdsBook a room

Check in Sun, Sep 11 Check out Mon, Sep 12

Check website for rates and availability

More photos

Write a reviewReview summary

15 reviews

"This campground is an excellent example of Army Corp of Engineers campgrounds."

"Well done campsites in a beautiful setting!"

"Good balance of refinement for the RV while retaining all of the natural beauty."

2 months ago

All of the spots looked nice especially the spots along the water. I did not have a water spot but it was still very nice. Well shaded and lots of space between spots. The bathrooms were clean and well lit, and the showers were nice. I was very surprised at how nice this was I only wished I could have stayed longer.

4 weeks ago

Excellent and well maintained Corp of Engineers Park. No sewer hookup but a clean dump station at the gate. Very reasonable with great level parking. Close to Nashville. Loved this place!

a month ago

Well done campsites in a beautiful setting! No sewer or wifi, but you quickly forget that when you feel the breeze from the lake! We had a lakeside campsite that was perfectly level with a nice patio. Good balance of refinement for the RV while retaining all of the natural beauty.

More Google reviews

Be one with nature, camp in a nice campground.

Seven Points Campground

15 Google reviews

Campground · Hermitage

Address: 1810 Stewarts Ferry Pike, Hermitage, TN 37076

Phone:(615) 889-5198

Website

Directions

AdsBook a room

Check in Sun, Sep 11 Check out Mon, Sep 12

Check website for rates and availability

More photos

Write a reviewReview summary

5 ★

4 ★

3 ★

2 ★

1 ★

15 reviews

"This campground is an excellent example of Army Corp of Engineers campgrounds."

"Well done campsites in a beautiful setting!"

"Good balance of refinement for the RV while retaining all of the natural beauty."

2 months ago

All of the spots looked nice especially the spots along the water. I did not have a water spot but it was still very nice. Well shaded and lots of space between spots. The bathrooms were clean and well lit, and the showers were nice. I was very surprised at how nice this was I only wished I could have stayed longer.

4 weeks ago

Excellent and well maintained Corp of Engineers Park. No sewer hookup but a clean dump station at the gate. Very reasonable with great level parking. Close to Nashville. Loved this place!

a month ago

Well done campsites in a beautiful setting! No sewer or wifi, but you quickly forget that when you feel the breeze from the lake! We had a lakeside campsite that was perfectly level with a nice patio. Good balance of refinement for the RV while retaining all of the natural beauty.

More Google reviews

We camped at Cedar Creek, another COE place when we went down to Nashville in 2014. Good place, inexpensive as well....probably a 20-25 minute drive to downtown.

Sure, make my campgroud named "Holiday Inn"

Make sure mine has at least two good restaurants and a bar. ;)

.....oh I used to like camping, wife won't hear of it now (I tend to agree).

I did it with my son when he was in scouts. Now he is in grad school....and I don't have to.

I'm the oldest of 5 boys, my dad was a leader in the Explorers, Boy Scouts and Cub Scouts we did a LOT of camping.... oh my poor mother, used to say she was living at the YMCA.

And tailgating is something like camping, sorta.

Your son in grad school that's nice, what is he studying? I always liked school including undergraduate and graduate school but grad school was all serious business.

I'm the oldest of 5 boys, my dad was a leader in the Explorers, Boy Scouts and Cub Scouts we did a LOT of camping.... oh my poor mother, used to say she was living at the YMCA.

And tailgating is something like camping, sorta.

Your son in grad school that's nice, what is he studying? I always liked school including undergraduate and graduate school but grad school was all serious business.

Biochemistry/molecular biology....now focusing on RNA editing. Whatever that is. At Cornell.

RNA editing is a molecular process through which some cells can make discrete changes to specific nucleotide sequences within a RNA molecule after it has been generated by RNA polymerase.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RNA_editing

If you can figure that all out, let me know. He could end up being a very good teacher, because when he explains it, it seems to make sense to me. But when reading this....nyet.

Biochemistry/molecular biology....now focusing on RNA editing. Whatever that is. At Cornell.

RNA editing is a molecular process through which some cells can make discrete changes to specific nucleotide sequences within a [/size]RNA molecule after it has been generated by [/size]RNA polymerase.[/size]

If you can figure that all out, let me know. He could end up being a very good teacher, because when he explains it, it seems to make sense to me. But when reading this....nyet.

Glad I asked.

RNA editing is a molecular process through which some cells can make discrete changes to specific nucleotide sequences within a RNA molecule after it has been generated by RNA polymerase.

I got your molecular process right here.

Hey Zombo you have the tickets we bought for the Dallas game right?

WSS

They are going to send them to me "electronically" in October, and I will send you your three at that point. No paper ticket, you just show your smart phone at the gate. I assume, unlike Gipper, you have one.

Zombo

They are going to send them to me "electronically" in October, and I will send you your three at that point. No paper ticket, you just show your smart phone at the gate. I assume, unlike Gipper, you have one.

Zombo

Classic stuff!

We had a smart ass worth buying our smart phones from. When I intentionally asked does the power need to be on before I can send a text - he said having a Smart Phone doesn't guarantee the User will be smart. God bless him!

Zombo

I wouldn't like that phone crap....what if you broke your phone in the tailgate lot? Lost it the night before at some strip club?

I like a ticket in my hand

I wouldn't like that phone crap....what if you broke your phone in the tailgate lot? Lost it the night before at some strip club?

I like a ticket in my hand

They did give me the option of paper tickets. For 250 a pop you'd think they could afford to print a ticket.

But for me, better chance of losing a paper ticket than losing my phone.

Z

They did give me the option of paper tickets. For 250 a pop you'd think they could afford to print a ticket.

Z

who loses their phone these days, fucking thing is glued to everyone hand. Not to mention, nobody can go 60 seconds without looking at the damn thing. Including myself.

Z

Can we just print the tickets on a printer?

Yeah by the way I have lost phones before. Bigger pain in the ass almost there losing your wallet.

WSS

Archived