THE BROWNS BOARD

OOOOOPSIE!

Axe

I think the OSU and Michigan's non-conf. schedules are pretty even:

OSU beat an 8-2 Oklahoma from the B-12, Mich beat an 8-2 Colorado from the P-12

OSU beat a 7-3 Tulsa from the Mountain West. Mich beat a 4-7 Hawaii from the Mountain West.

OSU beat a 3-8 BGSU from the MAC. Mich beat a 6-4 UCF from the AAC.

OSU probably played the weakest opponent in Bowling Green, but Tulsa is better than either Hawaii or UCF.

Pretty even.

8-2 OU and 8-2 Colorado are in no way even. Throw in the fact that the game against the former was on the road and the one against the latter was at home, it's not really all that close at all.

Would a single person on this board take Colorado straight up over OU on a neutral site right now?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never said it was better. "More wins" doesn't mean better. The point was to show you they're very close. If you think Michigan's is trash, OSU's isn't very good either. That's the point.

Shit you're dense

maybe your team should stop scheduling cup cakes cause as I said earlier Colorado had not had a winning season since 2004 and o.k I will give you the benefit of my doubt that Colorado is not over rated until they play their next 2 games

He broke it off if in yer ass peckerwood.. :lol:

Spin it how you like.. It just makes the obvious more hilarious.. :D

o.k there jail sex lover (I mean who the hell talks about screwing other men in the ass) dude said his team's ooc had more win's so how else should I take that,maybe you and woody can discuss that during youre private time

maybe your team should stop scheduling cup cakes cause as I said earlier Colorado had not had a winning season since 2004 and o.k I will give you the benefit of my doubt that Colorado is not over rated until they play their next 2 games

"stop scheduling cupcakes" ..... OSU scheduled BGSU...

OSU better hope TCU is decent, or their 2018/2019 OOC will look pretty bad. At least we'll have ND (which... well... who knows).

Also, if you look at what OU's done and what Colorado's done, it is pretty even at this point (which is probably why they're ranked right next to each other). Both teams end with two top 25 teams in a row.

OU away is more difficult than CU at home, but not by this great margin you want it to be. Again, for the thousandth time, if you're calling Michigan's OOC trash, OSU's isn't much better. THAT is the point.

OSU better hope TCU is decent, or their 2018/2019 OOC will look pretty bad. At least we'll have ND (which... well... who knows).

Also, if you look at what OU's done and what Colorado's done, it is pretty even at this point (which is probably why they're ranked right next to each other). Both teams end with two top 25 teams in a row.

OU away is more difficult than CU at home, but not by this great margin you want it to be. Again, for the thousandth time, if you're calling Michigan's OOC trash, OSU's isn't much better. THAT is the point.

why it's been so much fun,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,talk to you after "the Game"

8-2 OU and 8-2 Colorado are in no way even. Throw in the fact that the game against the former was on the road and the one against the latter was at home, it's not really all that close at all.

Would a single person on this board take Colorado straight up over OU on a neutral site right now?

No, agree, not perfectly even....but Colorado is a quality team from a P5 conference. Both OU and CU could conceivably win their league titles.

But, of course, this is all semantics. Ohio State and Michigan will play in two weeks in the greatest rivalry in all of American sports. And this time the game is likely to live up to its status.

TCU has been ranked in the Top 5 at times....and easily had been a top ten program when these games were scheduled. In 2018 and 2019 they will be playing in their 3 non conf. games 2 games each year against P5 conference opponents.

In the early 2020s they will be playing both Texas and Notre Dame the same year 2 times.

And here is the thing of it: OSU/Mich and all other B10 schools will play 9 Big Ten games and only play 3 non conf. games.....two usually vs. P5 like programs....and one cupcake. SEC teams will continue, for now, to play only 8 conf. games and 4 non con. games....and will schedule 1 hard game and 3 cupcakes.

TCU has been ranked in the Top 5 at times....and easily had been a top ten program when these games were scheduled. In 2018 and 2019 they will be playing in their 3 non conf. games 2 games each year against P5 conference opponents.

In the early 2020s they will be playing both Texas and Notre Dame the same year 2 times.

And here is the thing of it: OSU/Mich and all other B10 schools will play 9 Big Ten games and only play 3 non conf. games.....two usually vs. P5 like programs....and one cupcake. SEC teams will continue, for now, to play only 8 conf. games and 4 non con. games....and will schedule 1 hard game and 3 cupcakes.

I think when we scheduled UCF, it was the Bortles/ BCS era. Didn't last long lol

Michigan has a lot of big name home and homes coming up too. Happy to see it for both schools

Really? You mean you are dorkier than that guy? I was not sure that was possible.

Oh no didn't think this could get any weirder. :huh:

o.k there jail sex lover (I mean who the hell talks about screwing other men in the ass) dude said his team's ooc had more win's so how else should I take that,maybe you and woody can discuss that during youre private time

Ok, no idea where this came from.... But, syd,, trust me.... If you and I were in a jail cell... You'd be my bitch...

There'd be no one there to protect you..

Except me......

You DO understand that right?

Jesus, I'm a huge OSU fan but you guys gotta give it up. Ohio State is still the poster child for the Big10 until UM knocks them off, but in less than two years Harbaugh has turned a loser of a program to one that even as of today has an extremely legitimate shot to make the CFP. Call it for it is, but they gotta beat OSU before mad props are given.

That being said, Louisville's loss absolutely removes them from CFP contention. At this point, the viable teams are:

Alabama

Clemson

OSU

Michigan

Washington

Penn St.

Wisconsin.

Let's assume for sake of argument that Bama and Clemson are locks. That leaves two spots for the six remaining teams: The scenarios are as follows, at least IMO.

If UM wins out (to include B10 championship) they are clearly in.

If UM loses to OSU, they are clearly out

If OSU beats UM and doesn't go to the B10 championship, their schedule is clearly the best of those bubble teams. A UM win would mean they've beaten a likely top 10 OU, a probable top 15 Nebraska, and a likely top 10 UM (assuming a loss in two weeks).

So the questions become: How much do they win the post-season title (for Washington or B10 champ)? How much do they view head-to-head? The best case scenario for OSU (assuming Penn St. isn't going to lose of course) is that Wisconsion beats them in the B10 championship. Assuming Washington wins the PAC-12, I find it very unlikely that the committee would see the B10 championship as "more valuable" than the head-2-head matchup. Certainly makes it all interesting!

From the Week 12 thread.....

Ohio State beats Michigan State and Michigan, and Penn State also wins out, the Nittany Lions capture the Big Ten East crown by virtue of handing the Buckeyes their only loss, and they would play for the Big Ten title, most likely against Wisconsin. That either sets the stage for two Big Ten teams in the playoff, or the committee leaving out Ohio State because it didn't win its conference title. Or the committee could dump Penn State, which lost by 39 at Michigan, or Wisconsin, and go with the Buckeyes.

Yeah, it's complicated. But what could anyone expect after three of the top four and six of the top 14 teams lost in a single weekend?

There obviously are a lot of critical games ahead, and the only seemingly safe team is No. 1 Alabama, the only remaining unbeaten Power 5 squad, which has almost certainly earned a mulligan after dominating a tough schedule.

Two weekends remain in the regular season, including many rivalry showdowns, and then conference championship games. No. 9 Oklahoma plays two ranked teams -- No. 14 West Virginia and No. 11 Oklahoma State -- to conclude its season, while No. 6 Washington can reverse its downward course against Arizona State, No. 22 Washington State and against a highly ranked team in the Pac-12 title game (No. 13 USC, No. 10 Colorado or No. 12 Utah).

More good news for Washington, which owns the weakest schedule among the contenders: Stanford re-entered the rankings at No. 24, meaning the Huskies now have two wins over ranked teams.

It seems like a stretch that No. 2 Ohio State could win out and not make the playoff, even if the Buckeyes don't make the Big Ten title game. Rich Barnes-USA TODAY Sports

Ohio State is back at No. 2 due to a strong overall résumé, with three top-20 wins (Wisconsin, Oklahoma and No. 18 Nebraska). The Buckeyes could add Michigan to that list, but they also could end up sitting out the Big Ten title game.

While No. 4 Clemson is no longer unbeaten, it also has quality wins over No. 15 Auburn, No. 5 Louisville and No. 17 Florida State.

Louisville owns a five-game winning streak, and its lone loss was a nail-biter at Clemson. On the other hand, its only quality win came against three-loss Florida State. The Cardinals play unranked Houston on Thursday and conclude their regular season against Kentucky.

Wisconsin's only losses came in consecutive games with Michigan and Ohio State, while it owns quality wins over No. 16 LSU and Nebraska. The Badgers are at Purdue this weekend and conclude their season at home against Minnesota.......continued........

Plus you never can trust any committee when it comes to an unbiased vote PLUS still a little time left. ;)

Yes I agree, you were incorrect and have nothing left to say.

I'd pick OSU over Michigan right now, but we'll see what happens.

well since you want to continue,michigan scheduled shit teams (ooc & don't tell me about Colorado they had not had a winning season in over ten years)knowing that they had a weak Big 10 schedule WISCONSON at home and MSU and OSU on the road so they were looking at best a 2 loss season,well turns out MSU is on the shitter you barely beat Wisconson and end up losing to IOWA and a loss to OSU coming up so they get what they expected 2 lost games and completely over rated at #3

Ok, no idea where this came from.... But, syd,, trust me.... If you and I were in a jail cell... You'd be my bitch...

There'd be no one there to protect you..

Except me......

You DO understand that right?

while I am flattered that you fantasize about me I am really not interested in that sort of thing maybe you should just stick with woody

well since you want to continue,michigan scheduled shit teams (ooc & don't tell me about Colorado they had not had a winning season in over ten years)knowing that they had a weak Big 10 schedule WISCONSON at home and MSU and OSU on the road so they were looking at best a 2 loss season,well turns out MSU is on the shitter you barely beat Wisconson and end up losing to IOWA and a loss to OSU coming up so they get what they expected 2 lost games and completely over rated at #3

God you're an idiot.

So we simultaneously don't get credit for a CU team that ended up being great, but we're hurt by an MSU team that ended up being bad?

And no shit if we lose to OSU we won't be 3...

Take off the Scarlet and gray tinted glasses for two seconds, fuck.

I can't imagine a scenario where the committee chooses Penn State over Ohio State or Michigan no matter who won the B1G. The object is to have the best teams in the CFP and Penn State ain't it. They had a great game against OSU but like Iowa they're not better than the team they beat.

It's just that PSU beat OSU head to head. I think that would be the difference.

God you're an idiot.

So we simultaneously don't get credit for a CU team that ended up being great, but we're hurt by an MSU team that ended up being bad?

And no shit if we lose to OSU we won't be 3...

Take off the Scarlet and gray tinted glasses for two seconds, fuck.

hey enough of the name calling,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,so let me take you on a little trip your team has not had the recruiting that OSU has (cause you all sucked for years) so to make you all feel better they schedule shit teams for easy wins,so maybe just maybe you all can bring in a 5 star recruit,,honestly I have no idea what you are mad about

You seem to have a fundamental lack of understanding regarding college football as well...

But most importantly, that OSU team had more talent and depth than this Michigan team currently. Losing our QB hurts more. We'll get to that talent level in a year or two, but Harbaugh hasn't had enough time yet.

YOU are the one that doe's not have a clue,so go fuck yourself woody

Archived