THE BROWNS BOARD

Appendicitis yesterday

bbedward

No but I'm actually immune to pill/narcotic addiction or any hard drug addiction.

I know everyone's like "oh it can't happen to me" then it does, but it would literally never happen to me for a variety of reasons.

Plus if you buy them illegally then you'll go bankrupt. I know somebody who went from 700+ credit score to bankruptcy in 2 years from pills (more than just painkillers though - Xanax, percs, adderall, everything under the sun)

I've been prescribed for a long time now and I'm supposed to take them. If I go to an appointment I'd better have it in my system. I always do when my doc appt. is near. I don't tell anyone about my meds..well you guys but hey you don't know where I live.

appendicitis is scary stuff, never had it but stories say it's extremely painful, and

can kill if it ruptures.

I had percs when I had my knee replaced. I think I took one of two, then threw the rest away.

the addictive tag bothered me.

I went golfing on a Sunday morning. Felt consipated all day, shot a horrible round. Went home and couldn't sleep cause of the pain. Went to the hospital and the next day, out came the Appendix. They only gave me Tylenol. No hard drugs at all

They tend to do that now if at all possible Tylenol instead of the big stuff and if you really need something more maybe they'll kick it up.

Ohio in particular got a bad reputation from the doctors going heavy with the Schedule II meds that they know has led to some of the current heroin crisis going on.

I believe most people would not have any adverse effects from those med after surgery or like me chronic pain -but- for some they slide into a slippery slope with bad results.

And we as a society are paying a price for the druggie problem both from robberies and added incarcerations and the cost of dealing with the OD problem. .....getting expensive!

There's probably a lot of peeps on this board that would love some of my meds. Nope can't have any get your own.

It's a bunch of bs I have to go through seriously. If I do a blood test and show that I haven't been taking them they will discontinue the script. If I don't buy them same senerio. So I take as needed and have stockpiled many of them. I don't abuse them as you would think, actually it's the complete opposite. So if I'm a druggy suck my dick.

There's probably a lot of peeps on this board that would love some of my meds. Nope can't have any get your own.

It's a bunch of bs I have to go through seriously. If I do a blood test and show that I haven't been taking them they will discontinue the script. If I don't buy them same senerio. So I take as needed and have stockpiled many of them. I don't abuse them as you would think, actually it's the complete opposite. So if I'm a druggy suck my dick.

I've gone through the same stuff after a bad car accident 29 years ago, been through the whole med routine BUT lately the rules are changing mainly with insurance rules and the laws.

I'm glad I stockpiled when I could. ;)

Dude, no one is immune from addiction. Your in denial.

It's all a mental thing. Sure the withdrawals suck if you're really heavy into it, but they only last a few days with narcotics like percocet

They tend to do that now if at all possible Tylenol instead of the big stuff and if you really need something more maybe they'll kick it up.

Ohio in particular got a bad reputation from the doctors going heavy with the Schedule II meds that they know has led to some of the current heroin crisis going on.

I believe most people would not have any adverse effects from those med after surgery or like me chronic pain -but- for some they slide into a slippery slope with bad results.

And we as a society are paying a price for the druggie problem both from robberies and added incarcerations and the cost of dealing with the OD problem. .....getting expensive!

They don't give them out like candy anymore but after any surgery I'd still expect them to give out the heavy duty stuff. And appendicitis itself can be extremely painful - they shot me up with dilaudid a few times before the surgery and I was happy they did.

I've gone through the same stuff after a bad car accident 29 years ago, been through the whole med routine BUT lately the rules are changing mainly with insurance rules and the laws.

I'm glad I stockpiled when I could. ;)

It's going to come down to doctors not giving out pain meds. The druggies and drug dealers have spoiled this for everyone. So who's to blame? I can't tell you this but I know who's going to get the shaft in the end. Law abiding citizens.

It's going to come down to doctors not giving out pain meds. The druggies and drug dealers have spoiled this for everyone. So who's to blame? I can't tell you this but I know who's going to get the shaft in the end. Law abiding citizens.

My wife who has worked in a hospital for 41 years sees that all the time.

And last year due to a stupid coworker he got injured pretty bad resulting in her first ever workman's compensation claim, shoulder surgery, will never work in her nursing job again, got a lawyer and is still going through P/T and all the bullshit that goes with it.

She can't really handle pain meds and many other meds, going on two years it's been a nightmare. I keep telling her dealing with this is her new job.

My wife who has worked in a hospital for 41 years sees that all the time.

And last year due to a stupid coworker he got injured pretty bad resulting in her first ever workman's compensation claim, shoulder surgery, will never work in her nursing job again, got a lawyer and is still going through P/T and all the bullshit that goes with it.

She can't really handle pain meds and many other meds, going on two years it's been a nightmare. I keep telling her dealing with this is her new job.

I can thank my wife for getting me to the right people for my meds. But they do give me too much. I get 90 every two weeks and I take maybe 20 a month. I'm not going to tell them I don't need them because I do, so I'll just hoard them.

I can thank my wife for getting me to the right people for my meds. But they do give me too much. I get 90 every two weeks and I take maybe 20 a month. I'm not going to tell them I don't need them because I do, so I'll just hoard them.

Is this you?

breaking-bad-S5-400x600-compressedV1.jpg

Dude, you're hoarding fucking percs. Then saying 'it ain't no big deal'. Why do you need them? To use later 'just in case'?

Dude, you're hoarding fucking percs. Then saying 'it ain't no big deal'. Why do you need them? To use later 'just in case'?

Because I can. Who knows how long it will last before I can't get them anymore. Who cares?

Is this you?breaking-bad-S5-400x600-compressedV1.jpg

No bbedward I'm not that cool.

Being that I've been on about 12 (+/-) meds since my accident about 29 years ago I wanted more real information on this subject...not really easy to find BUT I will keep looking. I did find this from an article in 2010.....

To summarize:

— To legally possess one’s own prescription drug, a person must possess the drug only in its original container, except “when [the drug is] in use.”

— In this regard, the term “when in use” includes “reasonable repackaging for more convenient legitimate medical use,” so a person can only legally possess his or her own prescription drug if it is either: (1) in the original container; (2) in some form of repackaging for more convenient medical use; or (3) “when in use,” within the common sense meaning of that phrase, any time the drug is possessed outside such packaging/repackaging.

— Any time a prescription drug is possessed outside this narrow set of authorized circumstances, the drug is unlawfully possessed. However, an affirmative defense is available to those who can show that they: (1) “possessed a valid prescription” for the drug at issue; and (2) at all times intended that the drug “be used only for legitimate medical use in conformity with the instructions provided by the prescriber and dispenser.”

— At least one prosecutor in Maine claims to have prosecuted “hundreds” of people for possessing a drug that was prescribed to them.

Maine law on possession of one’s own prescription drug was at one point even more stringent. There was a time when possession of a prescription drug was only authorized if the drug was in the original container, without any exception for reasonable repackaging for more convenient medical use. Back then, I marveled that a legislative body would pass a criminal law that a significant number of its members were no doubt unwittingly violating at the moment the law was passed. After all, don’t you suppose more than a few of the legislators kept their prescription medications in those plastic medication day-planners at the time?

The lesson is that prescription pills should never be carried around loose, or stored anywhere outside their original pill bottle or some sort of repackaging that could be considered reasonable for more convenient legitimate medical use. And, by the way, unlawful possession of a number of commonly prescribed painkilling drugs is a Class C felony. If you have ever committed this crime, you have the right to remain silent so keep it to yourself and be more careful from this point on.

**The above post is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. The reader has no attorney/client relationship with the author because he or she has read this posting.

I remember a few of my doctors saying what a good med the oxy group were and they were right!

Well as long as they weren't abused.

Archived