THE BROWNS BOARD

How do you eat your chili?

gftChris

• 1 month later...

The wife made a big pot of chili in her dutch oven this week, she likes to tweak things around occasionally or just check what's in the freezer that might be good in soups, stews or chili.

She put in regular ground turkey but had some Italian mild turkey sausage links (looks like keilbassi) and sliced up the links into bite sized pieces and added it to the pot. Not bad gives the chili a different texture and taste.

I like hot but she's not a spicy person so I added a Wendy's HOT chili seasoning in the gold foil package to my dish....I think there's a good bowl left for me tonight. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Fritos on chili is good.

Chili and cornbread too.

That's my wife's favorite, she also just found a recipe for chili with cornbread cooked in it in layers....new one for me. (maybe cook then layer?)

In a similar vein chaps, I'm making ribs this week. Any suggestions on what to serve them with?

In-laws? :huh:

In a similar vein chaps, I'm making ribs this week. Any suggestions on what to serve them with?

My Mom used to make ribs and saurkraut, baked in the oven. Was good. Haven't had it in quite some time, and probably never will since know one else knows the recipe.

My Mom used to make ribs and saurkraut, baked in the oven. Was good. Haven't had it in quite some time, and probably never will since know one else knows the recipe.

Oh yeah! My wife who's an excellent cook makes ribs with sauerkraut every New Year plus several times during the year. She has a great way of preparing the kraut, I'll have to ask her when she gets home.

I like plenty of kraut left offer to have with hot dogs on a bun with yellow mustard and Tabasco sauce....uuummmmm.

Oh yeah! My wife who's an excellent cook makes ribs with sauerkraut every New Year plus several times during the year. She has a great way of preparing the kraut, I'll have to ask her when she gets home.

I like plenty of kraut left offer to have with hot dogs on a bun with yellow mustard and Tabasco sauce....uuummmmm.

Put up the recipe if you can.

Archived