THE BROWNS BOARD

☆ 2016 WORLD SERIES ☆ Chicago Cubs vs CLEVELAND INDIANS ☆

mjp28

WOW it sure seems strangly quiet now without the day off followed by more scheduled highly anticipated championship level games.... it's over, the ALDS, ALCS and of course the seven game WORLD SERIES ending in a GAME 7 Classic.

Do remember everyone that the CLEVELAND INDIANS are now the reigning AMERICAN LEAGUE CHAMPIONS, and considering all that has transpired that was no small fete in itself.

Sure we all wanted just one more victory but in games 3, 5 and 7 all one run games two of three were in Chicago with all of the drama and excitement that a Championship Series could bring.

Now that I'm retired I've seen virtually every single Indians game in the now historic 2016 season and it does seem so strange like going 100 mph and suddenly coming to a complete stop.

But as the weeks and months go on I think we all will better appreciate what an amazing wild ride this has been.

GO TRIBE!

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To me the most disappointing part of game 7 was the last at bat because you knew it was over when Martinez stepped in. He is a lifer minor leaguer and you could tell we had no shot. I understand why he was put in the game, but it would have been interesting to see Crisp get that AB.

To me the most disappointing part of game 7 was the last at bat because you knew it was over when Martinez stepped in. He is a lifer minor leaguer and you could tell we had no shot. I understand why he was put in the game, but it would have been interesting to see Crisp get that AB.

Yeah I did a WTF but then realized that Terry's bench was empty. .... I was hoping for a gapper and the speedy Martinez could run for a while. And Coco? HE only has several game winning hits already not bad for an old dude.

They could have nailed chapman in the bottom of the 9th

Chapman most likely doesn't finish the 8th if Yan Gomes doesn't have one of the worst at bat in the history of baseball. Chapman just gave up the 2 run homer to tie the game then a sharp single to CoCo and the goes 2-0 to Gomes on 2 pitches the weren't close and for some reason Gomes swings on 2-0 to a pitch that again wasn't even close and then proceed to swing at balls 4 and 5 to end the inning. CoCo would have been on 2nd our lead off hitter is up the stadium would have been rocking like the mid 90's and Chapman who is now mentally and physically exhausted his focus is gone and I don't think he stays in to face Santana and if he does stay in.............

Great season and no one outside of Cleveland would've predicted the success. A young nucleus is a good sign for the future.

On another sports board contest.... Geezzz I had 92 and changed it to 90 regular season because I thought I was getting too greedy. And they ended up with 94+3+4+3 = 104 vs a team with 103 regular season wins.

The 14 game winning streak got the INDIANS the home field advantage.

Not bad Indians, more than 94 next year? :o

Hard to count on arms getting us back even as deep as our pitching seems to be. Going to need a little more Offense.

I lost count of the number of times I muttered "go with the pitch... take it to the opposite field" the last couple games. Seemed like only Guyer and Chisenhall listened. Napoli? Not so much...

All can be replaced in my book.

Napoli frequently watched the best pitch of his at bats sail right by.

And he had a terrific view of it all!

It happens when hitters go into a slump. ...but not good at playoff time especially with three one run games and two on the road, could have used his big bat in fact it might have tipped the series outcome. :(

• 10 months later...
On 11/5/2016 at 8:44 PM, mjp28 said:

On another sports board contest.... Geezzz I had 92 and changed it to 90 regular season because I thought I was getting too greedy. And they ended up with 94+3+4+3 = 104 vs a team with 103 regular season wins.

The 14 game winning streak got the INDIANS the home field advantage.

Not bad Indians, more than 94 next year? :o

So how does 2017 compare? 

Archived