THE BROWNS BOARD

Two More from WSS

hi guys. Put up a couple more songs on my soundcloud page. First my rendition of the Burt Bacharach Elvis Costello song this house is empty now and on the swing side Summer Wind.

http://soundcloud.com/Westside-Steve-Simmons

all positive feedback is appreciated!

(like I tell my audiences: if you liked the show tell your friends! If you didn't, shut the fuck up!)

:D

WSS

And if you guys are checking this out on an Andriod based smartphone let me kno if you are giving any shit about Flash Player.

I have no idea why but when I click on the link from my samsung s5 it says have to have Flash Player but if I click the link from my samsung Tab it seems to play fine. Thanks. WSS

Thanks Cysko.

I have noticed in putting these together, the project is pretty heavily weighted toward Sinatra. Even though the summer wind is the Michael Buble arrangement.

I will probably have about 20 songs all together and might just as well put them all on the CD since it's only going to be a gift for friends.

The ballads are a little bit more contemporary.

WSS

Absolutely awesome on 1. Fly me 2. She 3. Summer wind ... In that order, but they are all A+.

I couldn't get through the other song about the empty house, not because of you, it was just too damn whiney.

Z

Absolutely awesome on 1. Fly me 2. She 3. Summer wind ... In that order, but they are all A+.

I couldn't get through the other song about the empty house, not because of you, it was just too damn whiney.

Z

LOL

Thanks Z.

Unfortunately whiny is high among my favorite kinds of shit!

WSS

they were all enjoyable! :) Especially the Costello tune... you have great range!

- Glad that you didnt do Manilows Mandy tune, it is still stuck in my head from the 70's!

which BTW - did you know Eric Carmen or the Rasberries group ?

did your group Easy Street start out as a garage band like I think the Rasberries did?

or so my older brother told me...

too bad it took me half a lifetime to appreciate all music. i grew up on AM radio as a child in the 60s so we got a constant of AM GOLD. HA! but even so there were plenty of good tunes in there. of course when FM happened it was like a light switch going off and it seemed like all this new fangled ROCK came crashing through our walls. i gravitated to what my peers liked even though a bday gift from my sister of the first album i was ever to own 'wish you were here' carved out a big portion of interest, while my friends like black sabbath, kiss and zep.

meanwhile there was all this other good stuff going on in the studios that i could care less about until of course 30 years later when tastes have changed and temperment and attitudes chilled that i could delve into stuff i had missed all those years ago. the raspberries are a hard band to categorize. and a hard band to get into albeit their 'go all the way'.

they were all enjoyable! :) Especially the Costello tune... you have great range!

- Glad that you didnt do Manilows Mandy tune, it is still stuck in my head from the 70's!

which BTW - did you know Eric Carmen or the Rasberries group ?

did your group Easy Street start out as a garage band like I think the Rasberries did?

or so my older brother told me...

we opened up for the Raspberries at the Chesterland Hullabaloo many years ago.

eric is a private kind of person but he's a world class singer and songwriter.

I thought about putting boats against the current on this project but felt it was a bit too contemporary.

WSS

• 2 weeks later...

i'd love to hear you (steve) do something out of the box.

with your vast array of music knowledge i'm sure you've heard of this band BUT i heard this song off an old album today and it reminded me of your voice:

Wonderful life - Black:

yes I like that did song. Sort of saying genre here's this guy that I've loved for a long time.

I like a wide variety of styles including the pussified stuff

By the way these ballads and standards I'm doing on Soundcloud are a little divergence.

My live stuff, and my originals as a solo or with the band are much different. I just wanted to sing these standards.

Non profit.

WSS

• 4 weeks later...

hi guys. Put up a couple more songs on my soundcloud page. First my rendition of the Burt Bacharach Elvis Costello song this house is empty now and on the swing side Summer Wind.

http://soundcloud.com/Westside-Steve-Simmons

all positive feedback is appreciated!

(like I tell my audiences: if you liked the show tell your friends! If you didn't, shut the fuck up!)

WSS

Wow, Steve, you can sing your ass off. :D

too bad it took me half a lifetime to appreciate all music. i grew up on AM radio as a child in the 60s so we got a constant of AM GOLD. HA! but even so there were plenty of good tunes in there. of course when FM happened it was like a light switch going off and it seemed like all this new fangled ROCK came crashing through our walls. i gravitated to what my peers liked even though a bday gift from my sister of the first album i was ever to own 'wish you were here' carved out a big portion of interest, while my friends like black sabbath, kiss and zep.

meanwhile there was all this other good stuff going on in the studios that i could care less about until of course 30 years later when tastes have changed and temperment and attitudes chilled that i could delve into stuff i had missed all those years ago. the raspberries are a hard band to categorize. and a hard band to get into albeit their 'go all the way'.

WIXY 1260 and CKLW in Detroit were the two main radio stations until WMMS FM came out. That's when FM was almost commercial free.

Archived