THE BROWNS BOARD

Chris Christie

Browns149

If this guy runs will he have a chance to win?

If this is his stance, then the answer is a resounding NO

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/04/14/chris-christie-marijuana_n_7066636.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592

Plus he's a friend of Jerrah Jones and a Cowboys fan.

To one portion of that argument I support the idea that the president of the United States should enforce federal law. The President of the United States swears to uphold the laws in the Constitution does he not? If, and this is for all you liberals, the state outlawed gay marriage or some other thing you like, don't you think the federal courts should take precedence? Does anyone think the president should allow the Attorney General to overlook immigration laws when city politicians offer refuge? He's probably right about weed but that's another subject I give a very small hair off a rats ass about.

WSS

To one portion of that argument I support the idea that the president of the United States should enforce federal law. The President of the United States swears to uphold the laws in the Constitution does he not? If, and this is for all you liberals, the state outlawed gay marriage or some other thing you like, don't you think the federal courts should take precedence? Does anyone think the president should allow the Attorney General to overlook immigration laws when city politicians offer refuge? He's probably right about weed but that's another subject I give a very small hair off a rats ass about.

WSS

While that is all true, a lot of people don't care about that.

I actually liked this cat a lot, even though I didn't agree with absolutely everything with him, until that bridge scandal though. It's such a classically douche Jersey thing to do. It's about as petty BS as I can think of. I'll be perfectly honest...because I don't feel any one party should run everything, if the house and senate were democrat it would have been between him and Rand for me. Now that the republicans run the house and senate though...no way.

He would be one to know about addiction. He's clearly addicted to food.

How can he take of this country if he can't even take care of his body?

Etc

No I really don't care. His stance on weed though, no thanks. It doesn't seem grounded in facts in the slightest.

He would be one to know about addiction. He's clearly addicted to food.

How can he take of this country if he can't even take care of his body?

Etc

No I really don't care. His stance on weed though, no thanks. It doesn't seem grounded in facts in the slightest.

Couldn't be any worse than when Taft got stuck in a Tub.

Couldn't be any worse than when Taft got stuck in a Tub.

I'm sure Christie could get a bigger tub now

weed? he would be enforcing federal laws by saying he'd do that. - but its just talk right now.

Didnt you guys hear what his plans are for SS benefits for the 1%ers?

my guess is like some prior here - who cares! http://www.wsj.com/articles/christie-to-call-for-raising-age-for-social-security-cutting-benefit-for-some-seniors-1429018212

Republicans and Democrats are fucking vomit inducing.

Why can't we just elect someone like Gary Johnson or Bob Barr?

REPUBLICANS AND DEMOCRATS WON'T LET ANY 3RD PARTY CANDIDATE INTO THE DEBATES. FUCKING CRIMINALS

Of course they won't

If a 3rd party came in, and people on both sides like that person, the dems and reps lose all their power.

Yeah I think he went over the line with the Obama love and the slight to Mitt Romney. I don't give a fuck about Bridgegate. Not even the tiniest most miniscule microscopic fuck in the world.

WSS

you honestly think his time with Obama, during HURRICANE SANDY, is a bigger mark against him than Bridgegate? I was gonna say you can't be serious but.............this is the world I live in and these are the people that inhabit it. I've just come to accept that people are basically corrupt.

you honestly think his time with Obama, during HURRICANE SANDY, is a bigger mark against him than Bridgegate? I was gonna say you can't be serious but.............this is the world I live in and these are the people that inhabit it. I've just come to accept that people are basically corrupt.

Like I said I think he went over the top with the Obama love. This was during a presidential election.

And if he is working for support from his party he might recognize that's a two way street.

And no I don't expect him to attack the president during a natural disaster but politically a firm handshake and telling the public that in times of crisis rivals can always find a way to work together would be my choice.

Bad mounting your parties candidate because you are in a snit about the vice presidential selection is in bad form and not likely to win you and Support of that party next time.

And one more time for the record Bridgegate is a non issue.

WSS

I was upset with Christie as well when they gave him a prime speaking spot at the convention and instead of what he was supposed to be talking about (Romney versus Obama) he spent a lot of time promoting himself.

And he did go way overboard with hugging Obama but he got rewarded with Obama putting him on the telephone with his rock idol Bruce Springsteen....it didn't seem to matter to Christie a week before the election how much he was hurting Romney's chances of winning.

WSS

1. The president is supposed to execute things brought about by Congress. Hence the executive Branch. If DOMA and RFRA laws are still on the books then the President should have his various agencies protect these laws. If a bill comes to his desk that is against the constitution then he should veto it.

2. There is very little law itself in the Constitution for The United States. What law there is deals with some things like treason. The Constitution is mainly a charter of government. It lists who does what on a federal level. Beyond that the (forgotten and ignored) ninth and tenth amendments say that if it's not mentioned in the Constitution, then its for the states and the people to decide.

3. What I think is of little matter because precedent, especially since the FDR regime is different. But I think that the Federal Government has power over the States only where spelled out in the charter ie Constitution says so. Because the US originally operated as a Federal versus National system things like religion, marriage laws, gun laws, immigration, slavery, mining laws, etc were left to the states.

If this guy runs will he have a chance to win?

If this is his stance, then the answer is a resounding NO

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/04/14/chris-christie-marijuana_n_7066636.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592

Plus he's a friend of Jerrah Jones and a Cowboys fan.

that stance is only a small strike against him.

that stance is only a small strike against him.

What about being a Cowboys fan?

Strike 2?

Archived