THE BROWNS BOARD

Home Defense

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't spend the money on a kimber and they seem pretty comparable to something like ruger. My gun budget is shot right now though

I hate Kimber. I do not under any circumstances see the point in spending more than grand to get into Kimber 1911s. They have a history of making the tolerances too tight on their guns so they jam under very basic shooting conditions. Rock Islands can be ran rough and will still keep going.

Yeah, but again... Cadillac.

My 1st AR was a Del-ton out of NC. You can search any "gun forum" that will tell you it's a turd because it was $600 out the door. I was looking at the M&P 15 sport and the colt 6920. Gun shop I bought it from told me to spend the extra $400 on ammo. I'd have more fun. Really reputable guy I trusted. He had one as a "truck/beater" AR. He said it was an AK dressed as an AR (with the accuracy). Met him at an outdoor range and watched him throw it against the dirt, backstop, etc. and the thing kept on firing. Threw a bunch of dirt at me as I was shooting it (action cycling) and it kept going. I bought one and I still have it. I won't ever sell it.

Just think a shotgun and handgun.

The handgun can get you to the shotgun. At that point you have lots of load options. With a shotgun you can take anything from doves to bears.

I'm in the market for a decent shotgun for hunting purposes. The new homestead has deer aplenty. I'm thinking a remington 870.

That is what I have. It is a AWESOME weapon for sure

Cleve should be over here cringing.

The posters in this this thread must be what Obama was referring to in '08 when he mentioned bitter small town people clinging to their guns and bibles.

I'm from a big city, Cleveland, Ohio

I'm not bitter

I love my ORDNANCE

And I'm not sold on the Bible

It is no wonder I have never, and probably never will be, registered as a Dem or Rep.

Cleve should be over here cringing.

The posters in this this thread must be what Obama was referring to in '08 when he mentioned bitter small town people clinging to their guns and bibles.

why? i'm all for responsible gun ownership within reason...ie assault weapons. I want accountability and oversight for gun ownership though.Kansas is a prime example of what happens when irresponsible conservatives usurp the gun ownership narrative. In Kansas now they feel that even an 8 hour course is 8 hours too many for a CCW. In the dooshbags own words, "why must someone sit through 8 hours of lecturing from the govt just so they may absolve themselves of responsibility?". And they're right why must anyone get any sort of training for anything? It's amazing that factories make people still make people sit through some formal training to run a tow motor. Anyone who's worked in a factory knows that you can load up any old asshole with thousands of lbs of expensive product and just have them make a go of it. Why make Dr's even study to be Dr's? Rules just get in the way of a good time man!

Archived