THE BROWNS BOARD

fail for cardale

The Cysko Kid

Let Johnny play!

I like it. :) That's even better than "Collapse for Cardale" I think you should do this- FAIL FOR CARDALE ©

Now if we put the midget in and we go 1-15, 2016. is looking much brighter.

Unfortunately, see next year looking like a dumpster fire for Pettine and the Browns.

The article from Mary Kay about the internal differences which drove Kyle off is a very bad sign. Obviously, no one viable wants the OC job.

I could be wrong here, but I think the whole problem starts and ends with another owner who thinks he's smarter than everyone else.

Shut the fuck up, if we wanted Shanny we would have held him to his contract. There is absolutely no strain between Pettine and Farmer and they, along with Pres. Scheiner, answer directly to Jimmy, who does NOT think he's smarter than everyone else, he lets his football people run the show.

MK has to create news, because there isn't enough to report once the season ends.

A dumpster fire is when a coach would rather be an offensive line coach in Jacksonville than be your head coach.

Zombo

Good idea. Then if and when Cardille Jones style doesn't translate into the NFL anyone criticizing him will be attacked for disloyalty to the Ohio State University Buckeyes. And or racism.

oh yes and it will be house cleaning time in Berea again!

I can't wait.

WSS

Who do you want? Johnny? Hoyer? Mark Sanchez? Jay cutler? No thanks

Shanahan was a little bitch who couldn't call a play to fight his way out of a wet paper bag. Good riddance to the queer. Seriously he had one decent season using the zone read with rg3. When the NFL caught on he had no answers. He didn't have any answers this season either. What a douche bag.

Lol@ buffalo. Enjoy your pos head coach.

Who do you want? Johnny? Hoyer? Mark Sanchez? Jay cutler? No thanks

Well any of those for with more help from a high draft picks we aren't spending on a quarterback would be preferable, in my opinion, to a crapshoot quarterback and no more playmakers than we have now.

I'm firmly of the opinion to build a rock solid team and then add a quarterback if necessary.

WSS

Yeah, here's the thing, if Cardale Jones is the real deal he'll be a top-five pick. If he's not?

I guess it will depend on next season. If he is the consensus number one quarterback in his draft that means we will really need to go 1 and 15 for a shot. And if that happens there are more problems than another rookie quarterback can fix.

WSS

Shut the fuck up, if we wanted Shanny we would have held him to his contract. There is absolutely no strain between Pettine and Farmer and they, along with Pres. Scheiner, answer directly to Jimmy, who does NOT think he's smarter than everyone else, he lets his football people run the show.

MK has to create news, because there isn't enough to report once the season ends.

A dumpster fire is when a coach would rather be an offensive line coach in Jacksonville than be your head coach.

Zombo

Or the Browns offensive coordinator Z. :( That Trestman took the Baltimore gig instead of the Browns- which he openly wanted- at least before interviewing, is troubling to say the least. How many other qualified guys are we going to interview, and they say no thanks? Maybe Pettine and Farmer truly didn't want the likes of Roman and a few others- but from an outside perspective it LOOKS like no one with top credentials wants the job. So we're hoping we can get the Raiders quarterback coach to run the offensive show?

When did we have the number one overall pick? Tim Couch?

WSS

2 years in a row....couch and courtney brown

gotta say they were busts, tho Id argue they weren't "bad" picks.....just some unfortunate shit happened....coulda, woulda, shoulda had better careers

No telling how Cardale pans out, but seems to me we are getting fairly close to where we want to be minus a QB, Steve.

It's hard enough to find a path to a franchise QB, let alone a can't miss type, if you put everything else in place first... unless of course your QB is a complete zero all the way through the process. But then you have to worry about retaining those other pieces you've been accumulating.

I could be wrong here, but I think the whole problem starts and ends with another owner who thinks he's smarter than everyone else. Unfortunately, you can't Fire Haslam. The best you can hope for is a little jail time.

More like a Bills fan who thinks he's smarter than everyone else and has overstayed his welcome...

Or the Browns offensive coordinator Z. :( That Trestman took the Baltimore gig instead of the Browns- which he openly wanted- at least before interviewing, is troubling to say the least. How many other qualified guys are we going to interview, and they say no thanks? Maybe Pettine and Farmer truly didn't want the likes of Roman and a few others- but from an outside perspective it LOOKS like no one with top credentials wants the job. So we're hoping we can get the Raiders quarterback coach to run the offensive show?

Well, clearly, though Trestman wanted the Browns, the Browns didn't want him. this DeFillopo was one of the first names I heard when Shanahan quit. Maybe they had their sites on him all the time.....and not on Trestman, Cavanaugh, etc. etc. etc..

Easy brah....

http://dlvr.it/89kNG3

If those guys aren't entirely on the same page, you get a dumpster fire...yeah, just like the one we had here in Buffalo a couple of weeks ago.

Ours is out, let's hope it was never started in Berea.

Why would people think it is a big deal that the Browns took like two extra days to hire an OC.

It was NOT a case of all the OCs that they supposedly wanted were gone....snatched up by other teams. It was a case of them not wanting those guys.

If they were hot for Trestman, they would have hired Trestman. If they were hot for Gailey they would have hired Gailey. If they were hot for Cavanaugh they would have hired Cavanaugh. They were, apparently, hot for D-Flip......and they got him, and that is all that matters. I mean, really, there was only one other person they may have been hot for:

Easy brah....

You are going to end up looking silly here..

I was commenting on this article.

I would venture to say it is impossible for me to look silly in any conversation with you. Unless I looked silly for even engaging a goober like you in the first place.

http://dlvr.it/89kNG3

And yeah, Haslam is a meddling fuck.. He sat ten feet away from me and was in Farmers ear the entire game.

For fucks sake asshole, Face fucking reality here. If you think Farmer or Pettine traded up for Johnny, they should be fired today. I mean fucking seriously? You have a straight face telling me that? If you think someone other than Haslam and the street bum who "Haslam said himself" told him to draft ManziELF, you are fucking kidding yourself.

Ya, OK, first off the article mentions nothing about Haslem "meddling".

Farmer has admitted drafting Johnny was his choice and he sticks by it.

The article actually makes us look pretty "normal", which I will take over past brass any time.

The only hope for FO sanity is Farmer and Pet. Know it...

If those guys aren't entirely on the same page, you get a dumpster fire...yeah, just like the one we had here in Buffalo a couple of weeks ago. Ours started in a raging inferno, and ended up with us removing a cancer that was caught in time. Now, that dumpster fire is in Jax, getting the HC his Starbucks and sucking his dick like the bitch he is...

Ours is out, let's hope it never started in Berea.

Well ...they ARE on the same page. By all accounts. So ... not an issue.

Ya, we can still smell your grease fire when the wind blows southwesterly across the lake ... but, sorry Farmer and Pettine are working together terrifically. They just got rid of the sniveling OC that didn't fit and replaced him with an up-and-comer that Pettine worked with in NY. That hire alone shows they are still working together. If Farmer brought in a big splashy name that would usurp power from Pettine then maybe you could make an argument. But really you have nothing. Not a thing. Nothing to see here but a young organization finding its way.

Zombo

Good idea. Then if and when Cardille Jones style doesn't translate into the NFL anyone criticizing him will be attacked for disloyalty to the Ohio State University Buckeyes. And or racism.

oh yes and it will be house cleaning time in Berea again!

I can't wait.

WSS

I'd love for you to elaborate further on this.

I'd love for you to elaborate further on this.

elaborate? I don't know what's unclear. Let's see... Next season if we expect to be able to get the first pick in the draft we're going to need to go 1 and 15. Maybe two and 14. Also possibly give up multiple picks if we go 4 and 12 or so. That would seem to me to be grounds for firing the entire coaching staff and getting rid of all the players so the new guy can have his boys. I don't know what's puzzling about that? Then in order to get that premier quarterback we will have to take a pass on other positions which, in my opinion, would serve the team better than a quarterback.

And since that quarterback will be a first round pick you will get a long long time to prove himself and that time will be even longer because hes an Ohio State guy.

And keep in mind that now 2016 will be a rebuilding year, probably with new coaches so as soon as we can expect results from this move would be 2017 if we are lucky.

Make sense?

The racism was a joke going back to Kordell Stewart who complained that he didn't get his due respect because of his color.

WSS

elaborate? I don't know what's unclear. Let's see... Next season if we expect to be able to get the first pick in the draft we're going to need to go 1 and 15. Maybe two and 14. Also possibly give up multiple picks if we go 4 and 12 or so. That would seem to me to be grounds for firing the entire coaching staff and getting rid of all the players so the new guy can have his boys. I don't know what's puzzling about that? Then in order to get that premier quarterback we will have to take a pass on other positions which, in my opinion, would serve the team better than a quarterback.

And since that quarterback will be a first round pick you will get a long long time to prove himself and that time will be even longer because hes an Ohio State guy.

And keep in mind that now 2016 will be a rebuilding year, probably with new coaches so as soon as we can expect results from this move would be 2017 if we are lucky.

Make sense?

The racism was a joke going back to Kordell Stewart who complained that he didn't get his due respect because of his color.

WSS

Sorry, I should have bolded the text I meant.

I was more referring to your claim that his skill set wouldn't transfer to the NFL.

Sorry, I should have bolded the text I meant.

I was more referring to your claim that his skill set wouldn't transfer to the NFL.

Well I said if. It sure looks like he has the tools to me. But like many of you complain about kids not playing in a pro style offense, I think you understand why it might not be a slam dunk.

WSS

You guys assume he's going to be a number one pick.

Cardale played three or maybe four games?, and although he showed unbelieveable talent, he really wasn't challenged.

There was basically zero film on the kid for defenses to game plan, his tendencies aren't clear yet, and he hasn't played dinged up yet.

Remember Vince Young? Showed all the tools until he ran into NFL defensive coaches.

The clear raw talent is obvious, but personally I haven't seen nearly enough yet to call him a first round pick...yet.

Having said that, if he continues to play at that crazy level, you will need the first overall to get him.

If you call playing two of the top defenses in the country "not being challenged", I'd love to find out what a real challenge is in your eyes.

Cardale was at much more of a disadvantage than the defenses he faced. Not having practice reps with the 1's all year long is much more detrimental than facing a guy you have zero tape on.

I can find 3 separate videos on Cardale Jones in high school with a quick Google search. I can find his high school scouting report. And I'm just an average Joe. The Oregon coaching staff could, and did, find tape on Cardale. They analyzed his skill set. They could extrapolate possible weaknesses and strengths. And they could game plan.

Claiming that a third string quarterback with no first team practice reps actually has an advantage over one of the top teams in college football is one of the most laughable claims I've heard.

Well I said if. It sure looks like he has the tools to me. But like many of you complain about kids not playing in a pro style offense, I think you understand why it might not be a slam dunk.

WSS

Fair enough. But Cardale originally came from a Pro-Style offense in high school and was ranked as the 12th pro style quarterback in the nation in his class.

His skill set is definitely transferable and he's had the benefit of playing in a pro-style offense. I think his time at Ohio State is proving that he's talented enough to play in a variety of offensive systems, which is another plus in my book.

You guys assume he's going to be a number one pick.

Cardale played three or maybe four games?, and although he showed unbelieveable talent, he really wasn't challenged.

There was basically zero film on the kid for defenses to game plan, his tendencies aren't clear yet, and he hasn't played dinged up yet.

Remember Vince Young? Showed all the tools until he ran into NFL defensive coaches.

The clear raw talent is obvious, but personally I haven't seen nearly enough yet to call him a first round pick...yet.

Having said that, if he continues to play at that crazy level, you will need the first overall to get him.

Who could possibly provide more of a challenge than who he faced in cfb? Anyhow he'll have the 2015 season to Prove his worth

Archived