THE BROWNS BOARD

Joe Thomas calls teammates "middle school kids"

dawgpound101

#Browns LT Joe Thomas: You expect a middle school player to show up on time. Why can’t you expect an NFL player to show up on time?

— Scott Petrak ct (@ScottPetrak) December 29, 2014

enough of this bullshit. It is time to move on to some new teammates

thoughts from the dawgpound

It's never good when Pro Bowl Player's have to speak up about other player's in there own locker room. Is any of the so called Leader's Listening?? hello suits..

The finger pointing begins....way to lead a team Pettine!!! This would never happen in a Belicheat team. Haslem can stfu also and just sign paychecks with stolen rebate money. Pettine lost the team the last month, pressured by the media circus that is the new Cleveland Browns.

The finger pointing begins....way to lead a team Pettine!!! This would never happen in a Belicheat team. Haslem can stfu also and just sign paychecks with stolen rebate money. Pettine lost the team the last month, pressured by the media circus that is the new Cleveland Browns.

Pettine certainly appears as if he doesn't have a clue

It's never good when Pro Bowl Player's have to speak up about other player's in there own locker room. Is any of the so called Leader's Listening?? hello suits..

Are there no team leaders on the Browns. Instead of bitching in the press (plain dealer ha ha) why can't he call these immature little fucks out.

You think that Matthews or Rogers would accept that on the Packers or Watt and Cushing on the Texans. You can't expect management to do it especially when none of them have any balls.

Joe doesn't say much...so that carries some weight...

So thats Joe, Dansby and Whitner speaking out.....a lot of years of experience talking there

Agree.

It isn't like Pettine isn't holding guys accountable. He's done a nice job of rewarding hard work and hard work only. I'm sure the vets respect that as that's about all a coach can do.

Agree.

It isn't like Pettine isn't holding guys accountable. He's done a nice job of rewarding hard work and hard work only. I'm sure the vets respect that as that's about all a coach can do.

agree. i don't get the people that think pettine is some slouch that doesn't care.

they must think pettine alone has the type of authority to cut someone, which we all know isn't true. all he could do was suspend people and he did that.

enough with the pettine being soft on guys.

I think it started in Coach Sam's day but the Browns had a program called Inner Circle. It was for players with growing pains and involved vets mentoring as well as counselling players that had off field issues....drinking, drugs, partying too much and general assholiness. Maybe starting something similar would be a good idea?

Hey Joe, thanks for all the false starts this season. Killed many drives

Really? really? are we really blaming lost games on Joe? how about umm..lets see umm, dropped balls, bad reads, bad throws, no run game after Mack went down (mostly), Gilbert's more wiffs than tips when he was on the field, Gibson being lost (lead the league in picks up to that point), K'waun Williams going down (playing lights out), starting NT's out for a big chunk of the season, four starting Centers, Miles getting hurt, Cameron hurt off and on all year, damn I think you just might be right on this one.

Joe doesn't say much...so that carries some weight...

Yup... and being reluctant when he does adds even more.

agree. i don't get the people that think pettine is some slouch that doesn't care.

they must think pettine alone has the type of authority to cut someone, which we all know isn't true. all he could do was suspend people and he did that.

enough with the pettine being soft on guys.

Yup... best he can do solo is deactivate, which he did repeatedly. If anything, the accountability Pet has imposed, often in concert with Farmer, has been a rude awakening for players... mostly rookies, but also a couple vets, e.g., Tate and JG.

Beyond that it has emboldened the team's vets to step up and say what they are saying. If they were not green-lighted by Pet to open up, to get vocal before they did so, you can damn sure bet that they got the message when Pet endorsed the call-outs in his presser after they started.

I actually thought he was going to break out crying at the press conference yesterday.

Is there a limbo contest going on?

he caused a lot of drives to be ruined. I never put sole blame on JUST HIM. ............................. I just see no reason for Joe to call anyone else out when he played like complete garbage this season.

Caused a lot of drives to be ruined, but you dont blame him??.......uh, I think you just did, actually......

And I think he called the players out on their professionalism and work ethic, which(as a veteran) he has every right to do and has nothing to do with whether he got a penalty or not.

And to say he played like "complete garbage" because he got a few penalties just shows you're just an idiot.

Joe's a terrible soundbite guy. Look how they had to manufacture this headline...

And to say he played like "complete garbage" because he got a few penalties just shows you're just an idiot.

Actually resorting to calling "idiot" shows who is an idiot... I guess maybe now I am one as well.

Joe's game declined in the last 1/4 of the season... no doubt about it. But he was near flawless 2014's first half and nearly near flawless its third quarter.

Archived