THE BROWNS BOARD

Gun registration leads to confiscation. Of course it does.

calfoxwc

They want to know where they are, so they can eventually come up with an

excuse to confiscate them, or tax them out of existence, and/or socially/legally harass

gun owners out of existence.

They think.

http://www.examiner.com/article/activists-outraged-registration-does-lead-to-confiscation

LOL. Okay, that's pretty good. But a hand-me-down vintage hunting shotgun? etc?

I think a lot of folks should just move out, or vote against all tax increases for

the police dept, etc.

They actually make a canister that is too put your guns and ammo, etc, in, and bury it underground.

Saw it last night at Cabela's.

A lot of folks are really wondering where we are going as a country. This gun treaty by the UN

has even more folks pretty concerned. It seems to give Obamao and co a "left" handed, backside

exec order justification.

I wonder how the Founding Fathers saw the 2nd Amendment in terms of kids inheriting their

parents' guns. I doubt they were ignoring that. The property still stays owned by the family.

I reckon the rest of the family should be able to get a "permit" to get them back.

which, defies the purpose the confiscation in the first place...

Because sone states require it and some gun owners like to be law abiding. Don't think I would be if I were forced to live in a registration state.

Every gun I have ever purchased was a legal purchase and I have never "registered" ANY of my guns.

But the left wants to tknow where they are.

They can then list you publicly, your address...

tax/permit you for each gun, they can hit conservatives

with restrictions on which kind of guns, ...

they can tax ammo, tax hunting, regulate where and how

guns can be trasported/handed down to children/..

I guess they figure you can't really win the war against

an enemy you can't find....

Does anybody think that registration and having ballistic information on file is a good idea and could be helpful to law enforcement should there be problems? I understand it's easy to distrust politicians and that slippery slope is always there but....

WSS

The criminals are not going to do any of those things. so what's the point?

Law abiding citizens don't need those things because we are not the ones committing the crimes.

The criminals are not going to do any of those things. so what's the point?

Law abiding citizens don't need those things because we are not the ones committing the crimes.

Yes I agree with that completely. Just saying that in a case, for example, if a gun is stolen and used in a felony the ballistics might trace it back to the original owner and possibly shed some light on whoever swiped it.

Even if it doesn't I don't see any particular downside unless the government decides to overreach.

WSS

Yes I agree with that completely. Just saying that in a case, for example, if a gun is stolen and used in a felony the ballistics might trace it back to the original owner and possibly shed some light on whoever swiped it.

Even if it doesn't I don't see any particular downside unless the government decides to overreach.

WSS

Well, you and I both know, they WILL overreach.

Would the fire arms company be required to do the ballistics testing, or the gun shop,that buys the gun from the fire arms company, or the new owner who buys it from the gun shop?

I would guess it would be the fire arms company, but then they will say it will increase the weapons price. and so on and so on.

Where will it end?

Would the fire arms company be required to do the ballistics testing, or the gun shop,that buys the gun from the fire arms company, or the new owner who buys it from the gun shop?

I would guess it would be the fire arms company, but then they will say it will increase the weapons price. and so on and so on.

Where will it end?

As you and I both said the overreach is probably inevitable.

It will end when our gun laws are very similar to England. I'm sure it will take a while and be a rough and bumpy road but I don't think it can be stopped. It's the unfortunate arc of an aging society.

WSS

Look I just bought two guns yesterday and my license and address don't even jibe. They took my car registration as proof of residence and the deal was done in ten minutes. I'm not too worried the Democrat goon squad is going to come take my stuff.

I'd register if I had to but lo and behold I live in ohio one of the laxest states on terms of gun control so I'm not really worried about it.

I'm just saying, the principle could very well be the same. In a magnetic field,

why wouldn't an electromagnetic field disrupt it?

You could walk through a factory floor, past production machines, and your

3.5 inch disk could be damaged by the electromagnetic fields...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/volokh-conspiracy/wp/2014/05/23/smart-guns-electromagnetic-pulse-and-planning-for-unknown-probability-dangers/

http://duncanlong.com/science-fiction-fantasy-short-stories/smart-guns.html

I see woody posted something. Probably some snarky comment.

Ignore is nice, except it always tells me that there is a comment I'm ignoring....

It was a snarky comment, but that doesn't make it untrue

A magnetic ring pulling a trigger block out of the way is a mechanical process, rather than an electrical process. EMPs would knock out any electrical process (like finger-print scanners?) but would not impact a magnetic field like that. At least, that's my understanding - perhaps someone with some kind of physics background can correct me? Do we have anyone?

Archived