THE BROWNS BOARD

Keep an eye on pick 52 and Pats

jcam222

NO not for what you though when you clicked in. If Butler makes it past the Saints trading pick 32 I think the dealing will start. I'd prefer to not give up 33 so can see us offering 52 this year and a low second next year. This could happen pre draft if the Saints bow out.

no. in a great draft for cb's, you want to trade a second round pick for a malcontent

that was an UDFA?

He can play. whatever. we'll see.

no. in a great draft for cb's, you want to trade a second round pick for a malcontent that was an UDFA?

Not getting the malcontent vibe, but totally on board with your conclusion.

no. in a great draft for cb's, you want to trade a second round pick for a malcontent

that was an UDFA?

He can play. whatever. we'll see.

Because he's good and had a clutch interception in the super bowl against the Seacocks?

Something that the Browns will not make it to unless we start adding better players to our roster..

Also had 4 INTs this past season..

I'd trade two 2nds. our 52nd and one next year for sure.

Our secondary needs help

I don't get it. Why trade those picks, especially the two second rounders, in a draft big on

cb's and some terrific safeties there.... for a

UDFA safety ? Keep the two seconds and draft two safeties for cryin out loud.

Yeah, I'm not hot on that trade. Draft day trade values go way down.

Now if you want to trade our #52 to the Patriots for their 2018 first round pick (likely a low one) I would say go ahead.

Sometimes I think you all don't Put enough stock in bird in hand concept. Yes this is a strong draft for defense of back's that should be good. Let's emphasize the word should. Butler is a known commodity relative to his ability to perform at a professional level.

Because he's good and had a clutch interception in the super bowl against the Seacocks?

Something that the Browns will not make it to unless we start adding better players to our roster..

Also had 4 INTs this past season..

I'd trade two 2nds. our 52nd and one next year for sure.

Our secondary needs help

I hear you, but...

There's always a little bit of that "Bill maximizes talent" thing when dealing with the Pats... and it's even stronger in me when it's a Defensive player being discussed.

Plus in this case if Butler is that talented, then why not sign the kid you raised rather than spend big on a UFA CB?

Sometimes I think you all don't Put enough stock in bird in hand concept. Yes this is a strong draft for defense of back's that should be good. Let's emphasize the word should. Butler is a known commodity relative to his ability to perform at a professional level.

It's almost the same argument Mary Kay and others were using why we should give up a first round pick for her lover boy Jimmy Garopolo. If he's THAT great, I give them ONE pick maybe #52. Draft day discount.

Other issue is he's on a one year prove it deal worth $3.9 million. I doubt he'd be thrilled to leave the Patriots to go to the Browns. Care to guess how much he's going to demand next year if he plays well again? As we saw with Pryor- Sashi & Co. aren't thrilled about one year prove it deals.

Archived