THE BROWNS BOARD

Who's your favorite RB in this draft?

wargograw

Not concerned with any of this.

"fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice..."

can't keep flipping the coin on character/intelligence, etc... or

you'd never really build a football team.

Cal,it's time we may want to fight thru it. I count maybe 2 playoff teams with straight Choir Boys line-ups. Atlanta & GB...Even KC with Reid went Tyrek Hill..Pats a DUI WR & Blounts. Times they are a changing. Find the leaders in the locker room that can sell it..Remember, not many players had a bad word on JM or Gordon in locker room & not much out of room..

The best RB that will come out of this draft is:

ALVIN KAMARA:

One of the top high school running backs in the country as a high school senior, Kamara went to Alabama to be the next big thing. A preseason knee injury forced him to redshirt, however. He was also suspended for the Sugar Bowl and not on the sideline for the team's game against LSU for "behavioral reasons." Kamara left Alabama in January, but found trouble again a month later in his hometown (Norcross, GA) with a traffic arrest. He suited up for Hutchinson Community College in 2014, winning conference offensive player of the year (1,211 yards, 21 TD). Given a second chance in the SEC by Tennessee, Kamara averaged 6.5 yards per carry as a reserve in 2015 (107-698, 7 TD; 34-291, TD receiving). He was impressive again as a junior, running for 596 yards and nine scores on only 103 carries (40-392, 4 TD receiving), though he missed time with a sprained left knee (LCL, meniscus).

ANALYSIS STRENGTHS Spirited runner with NFL size and speed. Will open creases by varying pace of his runs. Burst to top speed is available at flip of a switch. Creates yardage with speed, wiggle and power. Twitchy and decisive. Strong lower body provides superior balance. Flexible and agile with ability to twist, spin and ricochet off of bodies and continue to gain yards after contact. Very productive; 23 touchdowns in just 284 touches at Tennessee. Well-liked inside program and a team leader. Can play on all three downs. Improved in pass protection and squares up blitzers. Has lined up at slot receiver at times. Sure-handed pass catcher with excellent burst out of breaks to consistently uncover. Has talent as punt returner. WEAKNESSES Vision can be hit or miss. Not an instinctive runner. Needs to see running lane develop and is missing a feel for reading progressions of his blocks. Makes inconsistent decisions on stretch plays. Can be his own worst enemy on third level. Will run himself into a tackler rather than setting him up for a downfield blocker. Consistently cuts left when given an open-field choice against tackler. With knee injuries in his background, combine medicals could come into play. Needs to tuck ball high and tight to prevent fumbles. DRAFT PROJECTION Round 2 NFL COMPARISON Thomas Jones BOTTOM LINE

Ascending, competitive runner who has flashed explosive NFL talent at various times over the last two seasons. A committed runner with excellent balance who finds yardage that isn't blocked for him. While he has never logged 20 carries in a single game, he has the talent to play on all three downs if he can prove his durability.

Cal,it's time we may want to fight thru it.

I don't see the veteran foundation yet to take on (more) talented, problem children... not yet.

I see us still at least a two years away from being ready and assuming we establish an upward trend that we then see accelerating that ensures we remain with the same core staff.

Gip I agree on Kamara being very underrated. He is what kept Tenn. in the game against us. One heck of a runner, especially after first contact. Don't know if he is the best, but if he is there at 52 I'd take either him or Foreman. I like the way both of them run.

I like Kamara... but just don't see spending that high a pick on a RB.

Foreman... love his measurables, but he plays smaller than his size. Just isn't the punisher I expected to see.

Thinking Brian Hill could be a early rd steal.

6ft 220. Almost 1800 yrs last year. Comparable to D Murray

lol... just took him in my First-Pick by the Big Board exercise., but not early... with pick 6.04.

Archived