THE BROWNS BOARD

Pick the bust in the 2017 draft

One Post

While we're on the record:

Kizer is going to be the best QB of this draft

Mahomes will bust

Mitch will be average/solid like Dalton

Nah, there's plenty not to like about Kizer. Mental aspect, check. But if that's all it took, Ryan Fitzpatrick would be having a HOF career. MHO is of the four Trubs, Mahomes, Kizer, Watson- he's a close second in bust potential behind Deshawn. You can fix mechanics (sometimes) but you can't fix accuracy.

Mitch will be average/solid like Dalton

In that case you are in bad need of a screen-name update... unless WSH picks Trubs in a draft shocker.

I can't remember when I've heard such uncertainty from all the paid prognosticators about all of the potential top 3 or 4 round QB picks as in this year...

I've come to the same conclusion based on my personal migration... Trubs to Watson to Kizer... never being anywhere close to all in on any one of them.

Oh, yeah. I should have tossed in Barnett with my Watson pick. Might have the slowest step of any hyped first round Edge I've seen in a while.

Not to mention his top end lacking...

In that case you are in bad need of a screen-name update... unless WSH picks Trubs in a draft shocker

I'm already in need of a screen name update seeing as Pryor left lol..

I'd be estatic if we end up with Mitch, I think he's going to be good. I don't know who on this board wouldn't want a guy on the level of Andy Dalton.

I just see greatness in Kizer.

Honorable mention: Fournette. I watch him and I see (no offense, Ag) Derrick Henry... good burst and straight ahead speed and power, but no lateral movement.

Agree with this

My pick is Deshaun Watson

Honorable mention: Fournette. I watch him and I see (no offense, Ag) Derrick Henry... good burst and straight ahead speed and power, but no lateral movement.

Derek Henry......forgot all about him......so, what happened with him?

I see he had a very nice per carry avg of 4.5.....but only got 100 touches...and only 4 games with 10 or more???.....why?

When I look at his game log, it appears his touches match up well with wins and losses.....with more touches they win.....no touches they lose......maybe playing from behind means more passes??.....I dunno.....

Was he a back up?.....does his coach not like to run?......is there an ex Browns coach making the calls?......

Derek Henry......forgot all about him......so, what happened with him?

I see he had a very nice per carry avg of 4.5.....but only got 100 touches...and only 4 games with 10 or more???.....why?

When I look at his game log, it appears his touches match up well with wins and losses.....with more touches they win.....no touches they lose......maybe playing from behind means more passes??.....I dunno.....

Was he a back up?.....does his coach not like to run?......is there an ex Browns coach making the calls?......

Because they acquired DeMarco Murray as their primary RB and they don't have enough sense to run Henry for the tough yards inside the 10 and for short yardage 1st down. The Titans was the worst possible place to land since they don't utilize him at all.

I watched a lot of their games and the Titans OC is an idiot when it comes to what they could do with a running game. They can gas 'em with Murray's outside game and gouge them when they're gassed with Henry on the inside. But they just don't have sense enough to even try it.

Because they acquired DeMarco Murray as their primary RB and they don't have enough sense to run Henry for the tough yards inside the 10 and for short yardage 1st down. The Titans was the worst possible place to land since they don't utilize him at all.

Ahhhh.....Demarco Murray......forgot about him....

Yep....that answers my question....he was the back up.....

Maybe this will be his year to break out......

Ahhhh.....Demarco Murray......forgot about him....

Yep....that answers my question....(Henry) was the back up..... Maybe this will be his year to break out......

Last I heard he was "skipping" TN's voluntary work-outs... did not sit too well with a couple teammates.

But I think you were onto a factor in your prior post... game situations. TN did not have a lot of leads to salt away, which is when you'd expect Henry to see more duty spelling Murray.

Ag, hear ya and trust ya, but goalline O is not as likely to pop Henry into a 2ndary, which is where he does most of his damage. And when there's no hole, I don't remember a lot of him plowing into the backs of his OL... more like stop-look-andgetwrappedup.

Last I heard he was "skipping" TN's voluntary work-outs... did not sit too well with a couple teammates.

But I think you were onto a factor in your prior post... game situations. TN did not have a lot of leads to salt away, which is when you'd expect Henry to see more duty spelling Murray.

Ag, hear ya and trust ya, but goalline O is not as likely to pop Henry into a 2ndary, which is where he does most of his damage. And when there's no hole, I don't remember a lot of him plowing into the backs of his OL... more like stop-look-andgetwrappedup.

Right....his strength seemed to be that runaway train thing that seemed to happened when he saw day light.....the rest was pretty hohum....

Good discussion here.

Here's a 5 minute video (below) that explains why Henry is missing the voluntary workouts in TN for anyone that is interested. I get the impression he'll have access to an ideal strength and conditioning program all the while. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmIR4CzdVms

Well I guess it's time I put it down in writing, so I'm going to go on the record and say I think Myles Garrett will be the biggest bust.

Here's a 5 minute video (below) that explains why Henry is missing the voluntary workouts in TN for anyone that is interested. I get the impression he'll have access to an ideal strength and conditioning program all the while. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmIR4CzdVms

That word's been out since he no-showed... as one of his teammates said, "I don't care. This is about team."

Archived