THE BROWNS BOARD

NFL 2017 Schedule Release

The Gipper

It seems, as you have been saying that the Raiders practically own LA, even though they don't play there. There are some remnants of the old LA Ram fanbase still intact, no? And the Chargers, it seems, have no support in LA...and certainly are not going to have San Diego fans coming up to see them.

Or, am I wrong about all this?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It seems, as you have been saying that the Raiders practically own LA, even though they don't play there. There are some remnants of the old LA Ram fanbase still intact, no? And the Chargers, it seems, have no support in LA...and certainly are not going to have San Diego fans coming up to see them.

Or, am I wrong about all this?

You're not wrong. The Chargers owners are in denial as to what people are willing to do. There will be some people who follow the team to LA and I guess some LA fans will probably embrace the Chargers, depsite the record last year, they're a better team or closer to being a better team than the Rams are at this point. If the Chargers start winning, LA will be all over them because LA loves a winner.

You're not wrong. The Chargers owners are in denial as to what people are willing to do. There will be some people who follow the team to LA and I guess some LA fans will probably embrace the Chargers, depsite the record last year, they're a better team or closer to being a better team than the Rams are at this point. If the Chargers start winning, LA will be all over them because LA loves a winner.

Fickle Finger of Fate, sure.

The SD Chargers were kinda the 2d team I liked most in the NFL...or disliked least however you want to say it. But not the LA Chargers. Fuckem, they can go the route of the Cubs and wait another 54 years to win a title. (they have not won in 54 years....1963). They can match the Cubs 108 year streak.

I guess I have to choose another team to dislike least. The Packers have always sort of been there, but I am thinking of some teams that are basically innocuous......like the Cardinals, or Eagles, or Jaguars.

Schedule out tonight so we will be making plans for our annual trip to Cleveland. I'm hoping for a September game so I can go to an OSU game as well that weekend.

Are you planning on a reciprocal London trip?

I was gung-ho on the London trip, but looking over the finances from last year, I'm not so sure now. The Browns will be offering "official" London packages to season ticket holders. As soon as I see anything, I'll post it in a thread. From one of my Bengal season ticket holder pals- when they played in London last year the going price was around $4,000.

I was gung-ho on the London trip, but looking over the finances from last year, I'm not so sure now. The Browns will be offering "official" London packages to season ticket holders. As soon as I see anything, I'll post it in a thread. From one of my Bengal season ticket holder pals- when they played in London last year the going price was around $4,000.

Fuck that. Did you see my post where you could stay for a week for $400.00...or less for rooms , if you could get a group of 4 people to go? (and that is in a 2BR condo, not a dinky hotel room) (What is basic airfare between Cleve/OH and London?) And what would single ticket prices be. Beyond that it would be up to London Brown, gft, Howie/Gareth/Mac to buy the food and booze for you, right?

Just did a quick look on Travelocity From Cleveland round trip would be about $1300. From Pisstown PA, you could maybe get a flight for between 900 and 1100.00. Both Cinci and Columbus are in the $1100. range.

And, of course, the way it is with flights, you wait 5 minutes and check again and the prices all change.

I do know that there were promotions on where if you went through Iceland and stayed there a couple of days, you could get the flights for comparatively dirt cheap. My nephew did that last year on his way to Dublin.

REGULAR SEASON
Week 1: Sept. 10 - Pittsburgh Steelers - 1 p.m./CBS
Week 2: Sept. 17 - at Baltimore Ravens - 1 p.m./CBS
Week 3: Sept. 24 - at Indianapolis Colts - 1 p.m./CBS
Week 4: Oct. 1 - Cincinnati Bengals - 1 p.m./CBS
Week 5: Oct. 8 - New York Jets - 1 p.m./FOX
Week 6: Oct. 15 - at Houston Texans - 1 p.m./CBS
Week 7: Oct. 22 - Tennessee Titans - 1 p.m./CBS
Week 8: Oct. 29 - Minnesota Vikings (London) - 9:30 a.m./NFL Network
Week 9: Nov. 5 - BYE
Week 10: Nov. 12 - at Detroit Lions - 1 p.m./CBS
Week 11: Nov. 19 - Jacksonville Jaguars - 1 p.m./CBS
Week 12: Nov. 26 - at Cincinnati Bengals - 1 p.m./CBS
Week 13: Dec. 3 - at Los Angeles Chargers - 4:05 p.m./CBS
Week 14: Dec. 10 - Green Bay Packers - 1 p.m./FOX
Week 15: Dec. 17 - Baltimore Ravens - 1 p.m./CBS
Week 16: Dec. 24 - at Chicago Bears - 1 p.m./CBS
Week 17: Dec. 31 - at Pittsburgh Steelers - 1 p.m./CBS

I know some have mentioned it. I seriously doubt that I would go to the game. I think they're talking about tickets starting in the $150 range and if a season ticket holder sells their tickets on the secondary market, they will have their seats revoked which would make tickets pretty hard to come by.

Schedule out tonight so we will be making plans for our annual trip to Cleveland. I'm hoping for a September game so I can go to an OSU game as well that weekend.

I was unaware of the resale clause on these. That is some bullshit considering it's a home game and I hold PSL's. I wasn't looking to scalp but was going to make them available to my buddy and if not him put the chance up on this board.

REGULAR SEASON

Week 1: Sept. 10 - Pittsburgh Steelers - 1 p.m./CBS[/size]

Week 2: Sept. 17 - at Baltimore Ravens - 1 p.m./CBS[/size]

Week 3: Sept. 24 - at Indianapolis Colts - 1 p.m./CBS[/size]

Week 4: Oct. 1 - Cincinnati Bengals - 1 p.m./CBS[/size]

Week 5: Oct. 8 - New York Jets - 1 p.m./FOX[/size]

Week 6: Oct. 15 - at Houston Texans - 1 p.m./CBS[/size]

Week 7: Oct. 22 - Tennessee Titans - 1 p.m./CBS[/size]

Week 8: Oct. 29 - Minnesota Vikings (London) - 9:30 a.m./NFL Network[/size]

Week 9: Nov. 5 - BYE[/size]

Week 10: Nov. 12 - at Detroit Lions - 1 p.m./CBS [/size]

Week 11: Nov. 19 - Jacksonville Jaguars - 1 p.m./CBS[/size]

Week 12: Nov. 26 - at Cincinnati Bengals - 1 p.m./CBS[/size]

Week 13: Dec. 3 - at Los Angeles Chargers - 4:05 p.m./CBS[/size]

Week 14: Dec. 10 - Green Bay Packers - 1 p.m./FOX[/size]

Week 15: Dec. 17 - Baltimore Ravens - 1 p.m./CBS[/size]

Week 16: Dec. 24 - at Chicago Bears - 1 p.m./CBS[/size]

Week 17: Dec. 31 - at Pittsburgh Steelers - 1 p.m./CBS[/size]

Interesting. Play the division the first 4 games.

Two games Browns should win...JAX and Jets, both at home.

Should beat the Bears, and take one from the Ravens cause they almost always do.

I see 4 games the Browns should definitely win.

A couple of toss ups too.

They'll probably be no worse than 4-12 and best at 6-10.

REGULAR SEASON

Week 1: Sept. 10 - Pittsburgh Steelers - 1 p.m./CBS

Week 2: Sept. 17 - at Baltimore Ravens - 1 p.m./CBS

Week 3: Sept. 24 - at Indianapolis Colts - 1 p.m./CBS

Week 4: Oct. 1 - Cincinnati Bengals - 1 p.m./CBS

Week 5: Oct. 8 - New York Jets - 1 p.m./FOX

Week 6: Oct. 15 - at Houston Texans - 1 p.m./CBS

Week 7: Oct. 22 - Tennessee Titans - 1 p.m./CBS

Week 8: Oct. 29 - Minnesota Vikings (London) - 9:30 a.m./NFL Network

Week 9: Nov. 5 - BYE

Week 10: Nov. 12 - at Detroit Lions - 1 p.m./CBS

Week 11: Nov. 19 - Jacksonville Jaguars - 1 p.m./CBS

Week 12: Nov. 26 - at Cincinnati Bengals - 1 p.m./CBS

Week 13: Dec. 3 - at Los Angeles Chargers - 4:05 p.m./CBS

Week 14: Dec. 10 - Green Bay Packers - 1 p.m./FOX

Week 15: Dec. 17 - Baltimore Ravens - 1 p.m./CBS

Week 16: Dec. 24 - at Chicago Bears - 1 p.m./CBS

Week 17: Dec. 31 - at Pittsburgh Steelers - 1 p.m./CBS

I don't see us winning any less than 16 regular season games with that schedule.

Oh great. They come to Houston Oct.15 and I'm in Spain for two weeks beginning Oct. 11.

may i suggest you breakout that old jukebox to some old 3 Dog Night--Well I Never to Spain. but I kinda like the Texans...maybe she really won't remember...

may i suggest you breakout that old jukebox to some old 3 Dog Night--Well I Never to Spain. but I kinda like the Texans...maybe she really won't remember...

LOL! Ah, but one of my favorite trips was on the metro in Barcelona sitting next to a beautiful dark haired beauty using my best Spanish while passing it off as very poor and underutilized. Had her laughing by the end of the ride and telling me how my Spanish was "muy bonito". I explained that it wasn't Spanish like her Castillian, it was "Venezolano". That's kind of like saying you don't speak the King's English, just Texanese or Bronxian. She laughed all the way off at her stop. :lol: :lol: As that other song goes, "Those were the days my friend, we thought they'd never end" :D

Nfl.com puts us on their toughest schedule listing. 3 QB's & 50 players to go yet :lol:

I thought it was premature before the draft, but the guys at NFL Network only see a couple of wins for the Browns. Nate Burleson says the X-factor in the win equation will be Josh Gordon. Of courrse they also played the "what if" game with the Browns taking O.B.,Jr (went #12 to Giants) @#8 in 2014 instead of Justin Gilbert. They admitted they were playing "beat up the Browns" again.

I might end up going to the Texans game ...

I should be at Browns vs Chargers.....

As I said, I was thinking about one or both of these games. If a crew is to get together, I may be in for one. Let us know is anyone is formulating any plans.

Archived