THE BROWNS BOARD

NFL 2017 Schedule Release

The Gipper

Well, it appears that the NFL is going to continue to dick around with its 2017 schedule release date. Supposedly it was set to be released either today or tomorrow, but now it seems they are going to dick around and put it out Thursday.

Why do these fucking idiots do this? They know what the schedule is by now certainly. Are they just trying to create some false drama? Do they think that some silly program they have on the air is going to get better ratings on a Thursday than on a Monday or Tuesday? Its just absurd. Like the delay in the draft. The schedule should have been released in late March, and the Draft should be held like right now...or even over last weekend.

Nevertheless, some things we do apparently know:

The Pats will open the season at home on Thursday night vs. The Chiefs.

Atlanta seems poised to have the first Sunday night game, possibly against the Cowboys.

http://www.thephinsider.com/2017/4/16/15318594/nfl-schedule-2017-rumors-patriots-chiefs-falcons-week-one

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While no specific dates have been released, we do know that the Browns will play the Vikings in London on either Oct. 22, or 29th from what we hear.

Also: Home games vs.: Pitt/Cincy/Balt, plus Jets, Jags, Tits, Packers

Away games vs.: Pitt/Cincy/Balt. plus Chargers, Houston, Detroit, Chicago, Indy

Why do these fucking idiots do this?

Because the NFL is a machine that has many fans addicted, and they basically do what they want. Their marketing strategy seems to work, as they're in the news 52 weeks a year while the season is about 22 weeks.

Because the NFL is a machine that has many fans addicted, and they basically do what they want. Their marketing strategy seems to work, as they're in the news 52 weeks a year while the season is about 22 weeks.

Problem is, really except for the big initial push in Free agency that started on March 9th and which lasted about a week, there really has been no new news coming out of the NFL. Though, I guess they did have their league meetings at the end of March...where the big news was the Raiders move. If that had not happened what would have come out of there? A couple of minor rule changes from what I can see.

Well, it appears that the NFL is going to continue to dick around with its 2017 schedule release date. Supposedly it was set to be released either today or tomorrow, but now it seems they are going to dick around and put it out Thursday.

Why do these fucking idiots do this? They know what the schedule is by now certainly. Are they just trying to create some false drama? Do they think that some silly program they have on the air is going to get better ratings on a Thursday than on a Monday or Tuesday? Its just absurd. Like the delay in the draft. The schedule should have been released in late March, and the Draft should be held like right now...or even over last weekend.

Nevertheless, some things we do apparently know:

The Pats will open the season at home on Thursday night vs. The Chiefs.

Atlanta seems poised to have the first Sunday night game, possibly against the Cowboys.

http://www.thephinsider.com/2017/4/16/15318594/nfl-schedule-2017-rumors-patriots-chiefs-falcons-week-one

I hadn't heard anothing other than Thursday. It will be nice to get the dates. I like to make my plans and have something on the calendar to which I can look forward.

Problem is, really except for the big initial push in Free agency that started on March 9th and which lasted about a week, there really has been no new news coming out of the NFL. Though, I guess they did have their league meetings at the end of March...where the big news was the Raiders move. If that had not happened what would have come out of there? A couple of minor rule changes from what I can see.

Maybe you're right, but everyday there's constant draft news/rumors, speculation.

I can't wait either, as there's quite a few easy road trips for us this season.

Hey there's always college football which is on virtually every night of the week. :o

But it's nearly draft day, is that what they're waiting for?

Hey there's always college football which is on virtually every night of the week. :o

But it's nearly draft day, is that what they're waiting for?

Excellent players are to be had within the first 70 this year, so with 5 of those I'm damn sure waiting for the Browns to cash in without fucking it up with some crazy shit. Just once take each one and make a real team worthy of the Cleveland fans. Too many good players to be reaching or trading down for some fantasy football team.

Also: Home games vs.: Pitt/Cincy/Balt, plus Jets, Jags, Tits, Packers

Away games vs.: Pitt/Cincy/Balt. plus Chargers, Houston, Detroit, Chicago, Indy

Where are the Chargers playing this season? A Dome? SD/LA? As the southern transplant, I will be skipping minus 2 degrees in Chicago.Month won't matter :ph34r:. But a Sunday home game to a TNF in Det. or Indy (or reverse)might work for a week double header. Memo to Roger..Don't mess this up

Where are the Chargers playing this season? A Dome? SD/LA? As the southern transplant, I will be skipping minus 2 degrees in Chicago.Month won't matter :ph34r:. But a Sunday home game to a TNF in Det. or Indy (or reverse)might work for a week double header. Memo to Roger..Don't mess this up

They're playing in a soccer stadium in LA. Weird.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2017/1/12/14252664/los-angeles-chargers-stadium-2017-stubhub-center-capacity

Used to be the other way around in America!

Simply WoW. Thanks Bob. 30k in seats. 8% media credentials? Bosa from "the shoe" attendance will think he landed back in High School (dude!). D-Bone plenty of bicycle rack parking (at a steep price) but you may want to pair up with The Bone Lady to fight for our 12 seats limit ;) Concession may see record hog dog pricing? Those extra 3ooo seats may add extra aisle portal-potties for paying out the nose customers easy convenience...What a fine mess a few millionaires with some attorney's can make :huh:

Simply WoW. Thanks Bob. 30k in seats. 8% media credentials? Bosa from "the shoe" attendance will think he landed back in High School (dude!). D-Bone plenty of bicycle rack parking (at a steep price) but you may want to pair up with The Bone Lady to fight for our 12 seats limit ;) Concession may see record hog dog pricing? Those extra 3ooo seats may add extra aisle portal-potties for paying out the nose customers easy convenience...What a fine mess a few millionaires with some attorney's can make :huh:

Post of the decade nomination...please forward to Roger (the Communist) Goodell, Jerry Jones, Stan Kroenke, and Robert Kraft, you nailed it.

Maybe you're right, but everyday there's constant draft news/rumors, speculation.

I can't wait either, as there's quite a few easy road trips for us this season.

The rumors and speculation have gone overboard to the point of nausea. As someone said, all this extra time just gives these FOs time to overthink things.

Per all accounts of people who live around there, 30K seats is about all that the Chargers would need. I don't think anyone in LA would give a shit about the Chargers. They have the Rams back now, and most of the people in LA are going to be Raider fans now that they are even closer to LA.

It is a fickle, apathetic town. Having two teams there to me is absurd. It would not surprise me if after a decade in LA that the Chargers may seek a new place to go....perhaps even back to San Diego. In other words, yes, do a Raider type deal, move, then move back. Then move again.

Though, it is my understanding that there is talk of a Browns Board Tailgate that may occur at that Charger game in LA. If so, I may look to be there.

Per the above, there could be plenty of seats.

Post of the decade nomination...please forward to Roger (the Communist) Goodell, Jerry Jones, Stan Kroenke, and Robert Kraft, you nailed it.

Communist? Hardly. Quite the opposite. He works for the Bourgeois....The cream of the Capitalist Crop!!

To he and his bosses, we fans are all just Lumpenproletariat:

The Marxist Internet Archive writes that "[lumpenproletariat] identifies the class of outcast, degenerated and submerged elements that make up a section of the population of industrial centers" which include "beggars, prostitutes, gangsters, racketeers, swindlers, petty criminals, tramps, chronic unemployed or unemployables, persons who have been cast out by industry, and all sorts of declassed, degraded or degenerated elements."[2]

Per all accounts of people who live around there, 30K seats is about all that the Chargers would need. I don't think anyone in LA would give a shit about the Chargers. They have the Rams back now, and most of the people in LA are going to be Raider fans now that they are even closer to LA.

It is a fickle, apathetic town. Having two teams there to me is absurd. It would not surprise me if after a decade in LA that the Chargers may seek a new place to go....perhaps even back to San Diego. In other words, yes, do a Raider type deal, move, then move back. Then move again.

Though, it is my understanding that there is talk of a Browns Board Tailgate that may occur at that Charger game in LA. If so, I may look to be there.

Per the above, there could be plenty of seats.

They're going to be the highest priced tickets in the league (the Chargers that is), no idea what the demand is for them but they are putting in rules for selling them on the secondary market and everything.

They might be looking to go elsewhere, but it won't be back to San Diego. There will be nowhere for them to play. Qualcomm will be torn down by 2019 at the latest and if all goes well, will be replaced with a 25k to 35k MLS soccer and SDSU football stadium.

They're going to be the highest priced tickets in the league (the Chargers that is), no idea what the demand is for them but they are putting in rules for selling them on the secondary market and everything.

They might be looking to go elsewhere, but it won't be back to San Diego. There will be nowhere for them to play. Qualcomm will be torn down by 2019 at the latest and if all goes well, will be replaced with a 25k to 35k MLS soccer and SDSU football stadium.

I understand, but, of course, we have been through this before with some towns. They lose a team, say Sayonara, then eventually regret it, then push a pile of money into a stadium project.

Maybe the Chargers don't go back there, but you can bet that the NFL would love to have towns like San Diego and St. Louis come in with stadium projects so that they could extort current cities with teams to upgrade their facilities...and of course give all the revenue therefrom to the NFL.

The Jaguars situation comes to mind...as a possible stadium issue.

I understand, but, of course, we have been through this before with some towns. They lose a team, say Sayonara, then eventually regret it, then push a pile of money into a stadium project.

Maybe the Chargers don't go back there, but you can bet that the NFL would love to have towns like San Diego and St. Louis come in with stadium projects so that they could extort current cities with teams to upgrade their facilities...and of course give all the revenue therefrom to the NFL.

The Jaguars situation comes to mind...as a possible stadium issue.

It won't happen in San Diego. Only way it happens is if someone is willing to build the stadium completely with their own money. Any public money at all will require it to go to a city vote and it would need 66% to pass and there's no chance in hell of that happening. There are people here opposed to the new soccer/SDSU football stadium project and that is being completely done with private money. San Diego is a strange place. There are just as many people that are happy the Chargers are gone as there are people upset at them for leaving.

It won't happen in San Diego. Only way it happens is if someone is willing to build the stadium completely with their own money. Any public money at all will require it to go to a city vote and it would need 66% to pass and there's no chance in hell of that happening. There are people here opposed to the new soccer/SDSU football stadium project and that is being completely done with private money. San Diego is a strange place. There are just as many people that are happy the Chargers are gone as there are people upset at them for leaving.

I guess having the most wonderful weather in the nation makes people goofy. Is that what you are saying?

I mean, after all....there you are! ;):lol:

But that does not discount the fact that the NFL will still want to use cities like San Diego....or others, to play the extortion game.

It seems now to be inherent in the nature of the league's ownership, especially a piece of shit like Jerry Jones.

Is there still some notion of doing an LA Chargers game Browns Board away tailgate party? If so, what would be the cost of getting a ticket, if it can be had?

Also...is there still an notion of doing a Browns Board London Tailgate? I personally have about a 1% chance of going (chances for me are much much higher for a SoCal trip)

If so, and a group of you need accommodations, I may be able to help. I have access through my exchange group account to some 2BR condos that may be available on the week of that game. In theory, you could put 6 people in a unit, but 4 is more likely:

In London proper, there are units for around $1600.00 for a week. This is a full 7 nights stay. If 4 of you went together, that would be about $400.00 a piece for the week for your stay.

Outside London there is a place in Canterbury....in the English countryside about 55 miles southeast of London. 2BR for about $760.00 or $190.00 apiece split 4 ways.

London:

https://www.intervalworld.com/web/cs?a=1503&resortCode=CIF&parentResortCode=CIF#.WPexTNQrK9I

Canterbury:

https://www.intervalworld.com/web/cs?a=1503&resortCode=RVB&parentResortCode=RVB#.WPexjNQrK9I

This from Canterbury resort website:

For owners wishing to venture further afield, London can be reached by train within 1 hour and 40 minutes from Canterbury train station and travelling to Paris or Brussels couldn't be easier, simply take the Eurotunnel train from Ashford International rail terminal.

That is incredibly cheap for London !

Canterbury is very nice

There were other places in different parts of town that were a lot more. Not sure why this one was a lot more reasonable. I mean, I guess I don't guarantee that is not in the middle of the slums. But, if it is, I guess you just make the most of your Charles Dickens experience.

There were other places in different parts of town that were a lot more. Not sure why this one was a lot more reasonable. I mean, I guess I don't guarantee that is not in the middle of the slums. But, if it is, I guess you just make the most of your Charles Dickens experience.

It's certainly not that, it is right near Canary Wharf which is the banking district of London with plenty of bars and restaurants to choose from. Only about 15 mins on the tube to the areas most tourists frequent.

As for Twickenham where the game is being played it's around 45 minutes including changing time from tube to overground train.

All in all, a very good price for the location.

It's certainly not that, it is right near Canary Wharf which is the banking district of London with plenty of bars and restaurants to choose from. Only about 15 mins on the tube to the areas most tourists frequent.

As for Twickenham where the game is being played it's around 45 minutes including changing time from tube to overground train.

All in all, a very good price for the location.

Well, some here better grab it while it is hot...and available. If it is such a good price it could get eaten up.

Is there still some notion of doing an LA Chargers game Browns Board away tailgate party? If so, what would be the cost of getting a ticket, if it can be had?

I know some have mentioned it. I seriously doubt that I would go to the game. I think they're talking about tickets starting in the $150 range and if a season ticket holder sells their tickets on the secondary market, they will have their seats revoked which would make tickets pretty hard to come by.

Schedule out tonight so we will be making plans for our annual trip to Cleveland. I'm hoping for a September game so I can go to an OSU game as well that weekend.

I know some have mentioned it. I seriously doubt that I would go to the game. I think they're talking about tickets starting in the $150 range and if a season ticket holder sells their tickets on the secondary market, they will have their seats revoked which would make tickets pretty hard to come by.

Schedule out tonight so we will be making plans for our annual trip to Cleveland. I'm hoping for a September game so I can go to an OSU game as well that weekend.

Do the LA Chargers have ANY season ticket holders? And why would a team put such an absurd restriction on these tickets?

I mean, the way you have been talking the Chargers are going to be lucky to fill half of that 30K stadium. Fair to say?

Archived