THE BROWNS BOARD

2017 OHIO STATE Football Schedule, how far do they go?

mjp28

More TSN chatter, that's what writers do for money ;) ......

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/news/208612-urban-meyer-all-this-criticism-needs-to-fade-away

....Then again, what do I know? What do any of us really know when it comes to somebody else’s burnout rehab?

He’s probably not the same person he was a year ago, and that’s a good thing. Whether he’s the same coach he was in 2006, we’re about to find out.

If the Buckeyes start resembling this year’s Gators and Meyer resigns for “health reasons” in three years, then I’ll believe Urban was more scam artist than coach.

My guess is in three years, he’ll be as beloved in Columbus as he was in Gainesville. And all the burnout questions will have quickly faded away......

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
name="The Gipper" post="711636" timestamp="1497967704"]

Some schools just reload. According to some, Alabama just lost an entire NFL defense to the pros...yet, they have the top ranking. Ohio State just lost 3 DBs to the first round....every one of which could have returned if they wanted to...and they still come in second place in this ranking.

Very few elite schools can reload every single year. Oh and OSU might have been #2 here but #1 in other better polls. :)

Some other schools cannot do as well with a whole pile of losses to the pros or graduation. (Remains to be seen if Michigan is one of them. Of course, just in their division they have Penn St. and OSU rated ahead...and you have to ask yourself: can Michigan St. rebound after a bad year?)

In this period of super parity a team might have a good run even a NC shot and somehow just fade back into some obscurity. We'll see how good a coach Harbaugh is this year but it might be a good time in Ann Arbor. I guess we wait and see!

We have a pretty good size body of work to tell us how good of a coach Harbaugh is

I'm not saying Meyer is doing all of that at OSU. Just that it was happening under him and by him at UF

Some good or great coaches can be best measured by how they do in "off" or younger class rebuilding years.

I personally felt Harbaugh was good early on on getting The Game back on track especially being a former m QB. Now is it time for that signature win versus a quality OSU coach and team? Isn't it more interesting without any JCoops or LLLLLLoyds?

Attrition this offseason

OL Thiyo Lukusa: quits team, says he's giving up football, ends up at JUCO.

S Drake Martinez: probably a playing time transfer

DE Donovan Winter: dropped after armed burglary charge

LB Jon Reshcke: dropped N-bomb on teammate

WR Donnie Corley: charged with criminal sexual conduct

DE Josh King: charged with criminal sexual conduct

S Demetric Vance: charged with criminal sexual conduct

DE Auston Robertson, charged with criminal sexual conduct

DT Cassius Peat: probably not qualified?

CB Kaleel Gaines: JUCO transfer, academics related?

S Kenney Lyke: another JUCO transfer, academics related?

Plus possibly two more.

Some of which points to a general lack of control of the locker room.

But you're right, a few criminal arrests didn't stop Meyer at UF. A lot of arrests did.

Criminal charges, cheating etc. didn't stop Michigan from having good basketball and football teams at times either.

Michigan Athletic Scandals:

Kelvin Grady held in marijuana conspiracy charge

Jourdan Lewis pleads Not Guilty to Domestic Violence Charge

Grant Perry suspended twice during 2016 season including sexual assault on December 22; Perry due in court on April 13 after waiving arraignment

Harbaugh suspends Shelton Johnson and Ahmir Mitchell; Mitchell transfers to Rutgers

Logan Tuley-Tillman dismissed on September 10 (Illegally Videotaping Sex)

Cleveland Browns suspend Offensive Line Coach Andy Moeller Indefinitely (Browns and Moeller Part Ways)

Dennis Norfleet dismissed in May, suspended, and then tranfers to Tuskegee in August

Director of Football Operations Jim Minick Suspended Indefinitely after DUI (Minick Video)

Graham Glasgow Suspended Again (now lives with Grandmother)

Chris Webber to soon release book and documentary on Fab 5

Frank Clark Arrested for Domestic Violence (Details) Clark Update

Taylor Lewan cops a plea, and gets 12 month probation in Assault caper

Michigan Grad and large donor, Samuel Wyly, guilty of fraud (files bankruptcy after being ordered to pay $455 million) IRS now seeks $2 billion in back taxes

Jack Johnson, former M Hockey Player, files for bankruptcy

Jimmy King in arrears on child support again

B.J. Askew is $267,000 behind in child support payments

Grant Mason charged with stolen vehicle

Michigan Board of Regents sued by the Detroit Free Press for Violating Open Meetings Act

Michigan among 55 colleges under Federal Investigation for violating sexual assault investigation mandates

Csonte York suspended indefinitely, and is under police investigation (York Dismissed on August 18 following July 18 Incident at Scorekeepers during Ann Arbor Art Fair)

Darryl Stonum threatens girlfriend with hammer and knife (Stonum Convicted)

Recruit Shaun Crawford Suspended, then decommits from Michigan

Graham Glasgow arraigned on Drunk Driving Charges (Glasgow, Dannemiller and 6 others part of a Drunken Ride) Glasgow Sentenced

David Terrell Arrested on drug, battery charges (Acquitted)

Leslie Rockymore arraigned on Drugs for Sex case

Michigan Rape Case Leaves Many Unanswered Questions (JohnUBacon) Former UM Staffer helped keep Gibbons story in public eye Student Gov't Investigation

Brendan Gibbons Expelled for Violation of Sexual Misconduct Policy (Story)

A.J. Williams Suspended

Will Hagerup gets 3rd suspension, offers public apology

J.T. Floyd, Brandin Hawthorne and Will Hagerup Suspended for Outback Bowl

Denard Robinson pleads Guilty to Driving on a Suspended/Revoked License

Corwin Brown gets Suspended Sentence

Fitzgerald Touissaint Suspended after DUI (pleads guilty to driving visually impaired)

Frank Clark Suspended after Home Invasion Charge (pleads guilty) (Clark Reminisces About Fight and Flight)

Will Campbell gets 3 Months Probation for Damaging Car Hood

Jerald Robinson appears in court, warrant cancelled (Pleads guilty to a misdemeanor) Leaves team December, 2012

Josh Furman Suspended Indefinitely, faces April 23 Court Date for 3 Charges (Aquitted on all 3 counts) Transfers to Oklahoma State

Marvin Robinson charged with 2nd degree home invasion (Court appearance November 16) ESPN story (July 23rd Trial Date after 4 postponements)

Darryl Stonum Dismissed from Team (moves to Baylor)

Stonum Sentenced to 2 Years Probation, Suspended 1 Year Jail Term (10 Days in Jail for Violating Probation)

Darryl Stonum blows 2nd DUI, Suspended Indefinitely

David Brandon Statement on NCAA Findings: 3 Years Probation for NCAA Violations, Self-Imposed Penalties

Jamie Morris loses job in Michigan Athletic Department

Rumeal Robinson guilty of Fraud Scheme

Stonum puts 3 Days in the Washtenaw County Jail

Boo Boo Going to Prison

Robbie Thornbladh enrolls in work/jail program

Boo Boo makes another Boo Boo

Bill Martin Assaults Student-Employees

Greg Skrepenak faces 3 Years in Prison

James Whitley pleads no contest to aggravated assault, rape charge dropped

Justin Feagin Dismissed from Team for Cocaine Deal Boubacar Cissoko Arrested for Disorderly Conduct Leon Hall pleads guilty to Reckless Driving False accusation nets Marlin Jackson $225,000 from 2003 fight James Whitley rape charge reduced to assault Stonum charged with DUI and expired license/Guilty Plea/Sentencing March 11 Michigan Backup Running Back Milano sentenced for assault on Michigan Hockey Player Kampfer (Milano tells his side of the story with book, Michigan Men?) Biggs acquitted on Steroid Charge Justin Boren: A Player Divided Grady has DUI hearing on July 9 andViolated Probation and is Jailed and Grady pleads "Not Guilty" without representation Ekpe Udoh transfers to Baylor Ann Arbor News accuses Michigan of academic improprieties Andy Moeller pays fine for refusing breathalyzer Laterryal Savoy and Obi Ezeh Adrian Arrington (charges dropped, but back in Carr's doghouse) Tony Boles Carson Butler and Chris Richards Eugene Germany (He likes marijuana so much, he's going to transfer) Julius Curry Ty Law Mike Harden David Terrell Michael Smith Larry Foote Jeremy LeSueur Ben Joppru B.J. Askew Cato June & Larry Stevens Football Charge/Issue Year Coach AD Basketball Charge/Issue Year Coach AD Harrison, Larry Indecent Exposure 2005 Carr Martin Horton, Daniel Domestic Violence 2005 Amaker Martin Stenavich, Adam Drunk&Disorderly 2005 Carr Martin Bailey, Chuck Transfer 2003 Amaker Martin Curry, Markus Driving-Suspended License/Accident/Shot/Domestic Violence in 2001 2004 Carr Martin Ingerson, Dominic Transfer 2002 Amaker Martin Long, Jake Fire/Smoke inhalation injury 2004 Carr Martin Robinson, Bernard Sexual assault 2002 Amaker Martin Jackson, Marlin Altercation 2003 Carr Martin Queen, Avery Dismissed from team 2002 Amaker Martin Baraka, Kelly Drug issues 2001 Carr Martin Moore, Josh Dismissed from team 2002 Amaker Martin Brooks, Jason Sexual Misconduct/Altercation 1999 Carr Goss Searight, Maurice Dismissed from team 2001 Amaker Martin Jackson, Ray Altercation 1999 Carr Goss Crawford, Jamaal Accepting monies 2000 Ellerbe Goss Peterson, Will Larceny/Drug Issues 1999 Carr Goss Gaines, Kevin Driving under influence 2000 Ellerbe Goss Smith, Demetrius Embezzlement-Kmart-dismissed 1999 Carr Goss Queen, Avery Minor in possession 2000 Ellerbe Goss Goodwin, Jon Embezzlement-Kmart-reinstated 1999 Carr Goss Robinson, Bernard Minor in possession 2000 Ellerbe Goss Williams, Maurice Embezzlement-Kmart-reinstated 1999 Carr Goss Bullock, Louis Rollover accident/Ed Martin loans $71,000 1996-98 Fisher Roberson Whitley, James Drug issues 1999 Carr Goss Oliver, Ron Rollover accident 1996 Fisher Roberson Ray, Marcus Contact wth an agent 1998 Carr Goss Mitchell, Willie Rollover accident 1996 Fisher Roberson Frazier, Steve Fire in dorm room/keg 1997 Carr Roberson Traylor, Robert Rollover accident/Martin pays $160,000 1996 Fisher Roberson Shea, Aaron Fire in dorm room/keg 1997 Carr Roberson Taylor, Maurice Rollover accident-driver/Ed Martinloans $105,000/continues to have issues in NBA violating drug policy 1996 Fisher Roberson Winters, Chuck Domestic Violence 1996 Carr Roberson Jackson, Ray Shoplifting 1994 Fisher Roberson Griese, Brian Malicious Property Destruction 1996 Carr Roberson King, Jimmy Shoplifting 1994 Fisher Roberson Dreisbach, Scott Buying alchohol with fake ID 1995 Carr Roberson Fields, Chris Shoplifting 1994 Fisher Roberson Ray, Marcus Stolen credit card 1995 Carr Roberson Rose, Jalen Loitering near drug house 1993 Fisher Weidenbach Carr, Will Stolen credit card 1995 Carr Roberson Webber, Chris Ed Martin loans $280,000/continues to have issues in NBA violating drug policy 1992-93 Fisher Weidenbach Sword, Sam Stolen credit card 1995 Carr Roberson Sanders, Earnest Altercation 1995 Moeller Roberson Moeller, Gary Excalibur restaurant-Southfield 1994 Moeller Roberson Jones, Damon Shoplifting 1994 Moeller Roberson Hamilton, Remy Shoplifting 1994 Moeller Roberson Payne, Rod Breaking into a parked car 1993 Moeller Weidenbach Alexander, Derrick Drunken Driving/2nd incident parked 1992 Moeller Weidenbach Cocozzo, Joe Altercation 1991 Moeller Weidenbach

B.J. Dickey, Mike Kligis, Dan Kwiatkowski, Ben Needham, and Bryan Virgil suspended for drug use in 1980

James Joy Miller in 1910

Bad Jocks

BAC Rankings

Criminal Athletes

The Ed Martin Story

Yes there are good, decent student-athletes out there then there are the attention grabbing thugs.

Oh yeah just the new world order....I guess.

Some good or great coaches can be best measured by how they do in "off" or younger class rebuilding years.

I personally felt Harbaugh was good early on on getting The Game back on track especially being a former m QB. Now is it time for that signature win versus a quality OSU coach and team? Isn't it more interesting without any JCoops or LLLLLLoyds?

Well considering how close he came last year, in Columbus, to the point some would say he might have actually won... I'd say he's ahead of schedule

Sigh

I see me saying anything negative about Meyer was too much for you.

You even took the classic tactic of "throw so much shit at the wall i have to look right!"

I wasn't knocking MSU for these issues. At least they did something. I'm saying it is a reason why they won't have a bounce back year.

But as soon as it went OSU/Michigan i should have known you'd fly off

Sigh

I see me saying anything negative about Meyer was too much for you.

You even took the classic tactic of "throw so much shit at the wall i have to look right!"

I wasn't knocking MSU for these issues. At least they did something. I'm saying it is a reason why they won't have a bounce back year.

But as soon as it went OSU/Michigan i should have known you'd fly off

You reap what you sow.

Well considering how close he came last year, in Columbus, to the point some would say he might have actually won... I'd say he's ahead of schedule

Oh yeah the rivalry is back, brisk discussions and we haven't played 2017 game 1 yet.

I still would feel more confident as a Buckeye fan than any state of Michigan team fan going forward but that's why they play the game.

#1 OSU vs #2 m always had a nice ring to it let's hope both can come through.

You're right. It really is my fault for expecting too much from you.

What you should expect from me is that I will not let you get away with your little fucking Retarded insinuations and childish behavior....and your knob slobbering over your stupid little team. We always expect you to be a little nudge....

So..we get exacty what we expect.

Your Michigan programs have been far the bigger sewer hole of criminality and corruption than anything Ohio State has ever been....and they have been the much shittier football program as well.

So...there are your facts. Choke on them.

I don't know. Ask the media why 5-7 teams get put into preseason top 25s.

5-7 Teams? We were only talking about 2 teams, weren't we? : Texas and Texas A&M.

Only one of them is in the preseason top 25, and one is not.

My simple question to you was: Why? Why was one in and the other not? You are much closer to the situation than I, so you explain it to us.

To generate "big match ups" earl

To create an SEC safety net

So beating Texas at the end of last year mattered even though they were 5-7....because they started in the preseason top 25? Okie dokie. You're trolling even worse than Gipper with this post.

EDIT: Nevermind, you probably read it the same way Gipper did. Texas went 5-7 last year.

5-7 Teams? We were only talking about 2 teams, weren't we? : Texas and Texas A&M.

Only one of them is in the preseason top 25, and one is not.

My simple question to you was: Why? Why was one in and the other not? You are much closer to the situation than I, so you explain it to us.

A team that was 5-7 last year. That would be Texas.

And I already answered this in my first post on this thread. "It is written in stone somewhere that they must be in every preseason top 25." It was a joke (although the latter part is true). I'm not trying to write a Master's thesis on it. Lighten up.

So beating Texas at the end of last year mattered even though they were 5-7....because they started in the preseason top 25? Okie dokie. You're trolling even worse than Gipper with this post.

EDIT: Nevermind, you probably read it the same way Gipper did. Texas went 5-7 last year.

I know you're contractually obligated to love everything SEC now, but in the past those preseason ratings were used to protect the SEC. If every team is ranked every win is a good win and every loss is still a good loss. I've been I've it before. Thats why i would want no ratings at all until mid season. Luckily the sec is falling off and people are starting to see it.

A team that was 5-7 last year. That would be Texas.

And I already answered this in my first post on this thread. "It is written in stone somewhere that they must be in every preseason top 25." It was a joke (although the latter part is true). I'm not trying to write a Master's thesis on it. Lighten up.

Doh! OK, now I see. Sorry. Texas was 5-7.

OK, so, you think that a 5-7 Texas team should not be ranked in the Top 25. But apparently those who do the ranking think there must me something there. I do not believe that the national poll voters have any prediliction toward ranking Texas that you apparently think they do.

So...beyond your prejudice against them....why are they ranked?

And why is TAMU not ranked.

Again, you are closer to the situation than I...but please try to provide an unbiased explanation.

I know you're contractually obligated to love everything SEC now, but in the past those preseason ratings were used to protect the SEC. If every team is ranked every win is a good win and every loss is still a good loss. I've been I've it before. Thats why i would want no ratings at all until mid season. Luckily the sec is falling off and people are starting to see it.

What does this have to do with the point I'm making? Stop trolling.

Doh! OK, now I see. Sorry. Texas was 5-7.

OK, so, you think that a 5-7 Texas team should not be ranked in the Top 25. But apparently those who do the ranking think there must me something there. I do not believe that the national poll voters have any prediliction toward ranking Texas that you apparently think they do.

So...beyond your prejudice against them....why are they ranked?

And why is TAMU not ranked.

Again, you are closer to the situation than I...but please try to provide an unbiased explanation.

Because A&M has not finished in the top 25 for three straight seasons and this is a rebuilding year. No reason to put them there. With Texas, it's inexplicable. No matter how bad they suck or how little they return, people will rank them in the preseason. And by "people," I mean about 80% of preseason rankings.

Because A&M has not finished in the top 25 for three straight seasons and this is a rebuilding year. No reason to put them there. With Texas, it's inexplicable. No matter how bad they suck or how little they return, people will rank them in the preseason. And by "people," I mean about 80% of preseason rankings.

Sounds like A&M has a JFF hangover that has gone on a long time....about as long as the one's the Browns are suffering from.

Let's hope Garrett is the cure for that for the Browns....can't tell you what would cure it for TAMU.

You asked why teams get higher preseason rankings than they deserve

That means others get lower rankings and some are just right...the Goldilocks preseason polls.

And yes everyone knows it's PRESEASON! :huh:

Archived