THE BROWNS BOARD

Housler waived

Kvoethe

The Cleveland Browns waived tight end Rob Housler from injured reserve, according to Mary Kay Cabot of Cleveland.com.

Housler signed a one-year deal with the Browns in April, but was placed on injured reserve with a hamstring injury on Nov. 4.

The fifth-year pro was used sparingly for the Browns, catching one pass for six yards in six games.

Housler spent the first four seasons of his career with the Arizona Cardinals. It's likely the Browns viewed Housler as an expendable piece, with Gary Barnidge in the midst of a breakout season.

I am waving too. Bye Bye!! I still miss Farmers Sub. WIIEEEE!!.. Best move by Ray Ray since return even thou most of us called this in week 4 with 4 TE's.. Am I asking to much for two 6'5" Shinie hood ornaments at WR? or in Ray fashion, do we reload with Telfer as a 4th TE again? Gabe & Hawk both got lit up..

He was already on season-ending IR. It was just a financial decision, non-guaranteed 1-year contract, as someone pointed out.

Not unusual to make an injury settlement with guys on last year of contract.

Plus, he blows.

Z

Shouldn't matter. Zero contribution is zero contribution.

Sure, but it matters that Haslam has to pay him. If it were a non-guaranteed contract and he could be cut....he would probably be gonzo.....but since he could still collect his cool 9 million, Haslam doesn't want him sitting at home dipping in his pool while earning his bucks......he wants him to at least be in the building, working, practicing.....and maybe actually playing in a game.

Archived