THE BROWNS BOARD

Pettine

Chicopee John

I call it the "I stayed at Holiday Inn Express Last Night" approach to "teaching us" how we are doing things wrong.

Telling us where we went wrong and how to fix things. Like it's the fan's fault.

When a person speaking to a person of German ancestry says "you" lost WWII, he's not implying the German had a part in it. Similarly if someone says "you guys" need to do this or "you guys" need to do that, he's referring to the team/organization you root for, not you the fan specifically.

I find this laughable. The Browns may have the most knowledgeable football fan base out there, not to mention most loyal.

No brown fan or fan of any losing team should be given credit for being loyal to their team. Why do you need credit for being what you are? ... or whats in your blood? Any dumbass fan who forsakes his team is like foresaking his own heritage and culture.

If I grew up in NE Ohio I'd be a browns fan... and wouldn't want any damn credit. It's demeaning if anything.

You can take pride in your "knowledge" of a game. In reality no fan base has any more "knowledge" than another. Go to any board. Its the same shit, different team... all the way down to bickering amongst themselves.

Now it may be a different story if you're talking knowledge of football history or something like that.

Don't equate the fanbase to the product on the field. And don't get all high and mighty if Browns fans continue to root for the present Browns, despite their obvious flaws.

Do you equate the Steeler fanbase to the product on the field?

And "flaws"? Almost every team has its flaws. You wish they only had flaws. The browns are below having flaws, they are dysfunctional. Like Tony Rizzo said...the situation in Berea is toxic.

Our frustration level cannot be measured. But neither can our loyalty. And we don't need shitbags coming in here and rubbing our faces in it and acting like they are some authority because they watch a successful team ... like we haven't been watching how the Steelers, Patriots, Ravens, etc. have been running their franchises for years ... like WE don't get it.

Exactly Zombo. Fans that come here to give "advice" act as though they had something to do with their teams success. They live vicariously through their teams... because their team is superior to yours, they think they are superior to you.

I rarely post in any of the threads, except when the talk involves the Steelers or their fans.

The next season, Modell pulled the rug from under Cleveland, gutted the fanbase and left the staff in limbo, crushing the soul of that team. He took Newsome with him to Baltimore where he (Newsome) has won two Super Bowls. Belichick (Somebody check my spelling, I'm not real familiar with him) was fired by Modell, in Baltimore, and went on to win four Super Bowls himself.

We had the ultimate dream team assembled and it was broken up by Modell's greed.

Ultimate dream team? Don't think so, rather they were a one year wonder in 1994. After the browns 11-4 season in 1994, the browns went back to being the browns and went 5-11 in 1995. Then they moved. In Baltimore the 1996 purple browns went 4-12, then 6-9-1, 6-10, 8-8, then finally winning the Super Bowl after most of the original brown players were purged and no longer with the team.

The fans fought for the franchise, like no fanbase has ever done before or since, and their hard work and loyalty was rewarded with a reboot of the original Browns franchise.

Hypothetically speaking, if Haslem decided to move the browns today, do you think browns fans would display the same outrage and passion? I don't. Wouldn't even be close. I'd bet most Clevelanders would tell the browns not to let the door hit them in the ass.

But the NFL rushed the comeback, did not give the browns sufficient time to assemble staffs and scouting years in advance like they did with Carolina, Jacksonville and, later Houston.

And then it ... through three ownership changes, it has just been one disaster after another.

That's true if you're talking 4-5 years or so into the new franchise. Its 2015, the expansion team excuse only lasts so long Zombo.

But it's not because Cleveland fans don't know what it takes to win. The owners have failed us with their hirings, their hirings have failed us with their draft picks, and Bill Belichick is not walking through that door, Ozzie Newsome is not walking through that door, but there is no reason to believe it can't be turned around under the current ownership. He's got the money, he's go the motivation, and someday it will click ... the right person will walk through the door and success will trickle down to all phases of the franchise and it won't be because some faggy Steeler fan or Bills fan/wannabe Patriots fan told this long-suffering franchise what it takes to make a winner.

I was once afraid Bill Cowher WOULD walk through that door! Wouldn't be pleased seeing this face pacing the browns sideline.

He's exactly what you need.

Did I say "you"? lol...I meant your team.

160asur.jpg

You don't make changes just to make changes ... but you don't stay patient just to stay patient either. But what you certainly DO do ... is let Year 2 play out.

Belichick, Newsome and Saban had three losing seasons before 1994.

So did Noll and his group have three. Tom Landry had 5 losing seasons before going 8-8. Wow.

We've got six football games to win ... let's go out and win them.

"We"? You meant "your team" right? lol

Is there a pageant of informed cunts somewhere? They stand at on stage in bikinis and tell everyone lots of interesting things but in a cunty way?

I get them confused with a group of acrobats. I know one is a group of cunning stunts, the other is a group of stunning cunts.

Ultimate dream team? Don't think so, rather they were a one year wonder in 1994. After the browns 11-4 season in 1994, the browns went back to being the browns and went 5-11 in 1995.

I was saying the staff was the ultimate dream team, numbnuts.

And throw out the 95 season, the team collapsed when The Move rumors surfaced.

I meant Bill and Ozzie working together. Ozzie took our draft picks and selected Jonathan Ogden and Ray Lewis with his first picks, not bad, and built a Super Bowl team around them. And then built another SB team. And Bill won four.

If Modell hadn't freaked, those guys could still both be in Cleveland winning championships. We were building something great.

Z

Archived