THE BROWNS BOARD

Tramon Williams comments

LondonBrown

Tramon Williams couldn't stay with a trash can. Only the Browns are dumb enough to add him at his salary. Glad he is now the voice of reason.

I was thinking the same thing, the guy is like 32 yrs old and his best games are behind him. He got torched in Shittsburgh, and now his ego is hurt.

Tramon Williams couldn't stay with a trash can. Only the Browns are dumb enough to add him at his salary..

You really have nothing to base this on.....he is one of the top rated CB's right now, as well as one the top 2-3 defensive players on the Browns...

Dont know what your metrics are, but he has the 8th lowest catch % in the league and holds QB's to one of the lowest QBR ratings in the league(definitely on the Browns).....he also is 7th in the league in CB tackles......plus, gets paid just a touch more than Skrine and is crushing him in every single stat there is....(so, good move for the Browns)....

This season, his numbers are even better than Richard Sherman, Brent Grimes and compare favorably to Peterson too.....look it up

So.....what do you base your info on?.....and please dont tell me your "eye's".....(cause they'd be wrong)

He got torched in Shittsburgh, and now his ego is hurt.

Um.....no he didnt.....gave up 2 passes in 5 targets.....for 23 whole yds....

Gaines got torched.....Desir got torched.......Bademosi got torched......all gave up BIG plays(50+ yarders) and a high percentage of their targets...

Traymon(who was playing the #1 to cover for Haden) had a very solid game and was EASILY our best DB in the Shittsburg game...

Maybe you 2 should clean your glasses...

Tramon was the perfect fit to play opposite Haden, IF we would've seen the Haden we expected. Right now, as a CB1 he is playing quite admirably. Fans are terrible at judging CBs because the only time you see them on TV is when they get a PI or give up a big play. It's a thankless position. I don't see Tramon very much on Sundays... that means he's doing his job very well...

Right Mud-he is not the problem, but this system and/or DC sure is. And Gilbert may be flawed but he still plays better than what we saw out there with the other 3.

I agree.....I really wanted to see him play again, but thinking Pettine has some serious issue with him.....

He was asked about Gilbert yesterday and basically offered with a one word terse response.....just dont get it.....

And, after listening to Traymons comments, I think he wants Gilbert to play too.....

You really have nothing to base this on.....he is one of the top rated CB's right now, as well as one the top 2-3 defensive players on the Browns...

Dont know what your metrics are, but he has the 8th lowest catch % in the league and holds QB's to one of the lowest QBR ratings in the league(definitely on the Browns).....he also is 7th in the league in CB tackles......plus, gets paid just a touch more than Skrine and is crushing him in every single stat there is....(so, good move for the Browns)....

This season, his numbers are even better than Richard Sherman, Brent Grimes and compare favorably to Peterson too.....look it up

So.....what do you base your info on?.....and please dont tell me your "eye's".....(cause they'd be wrong)

Gaines got torched.....Desir got torched.......Bademosi got torched......all gave up BIG plays(50+ yarders) and a high percentage of their targets...

Traymon(who was playing the #1 to cover for Haden) had a very solid game and was EASILY our best DB in the Shittsburg game...

I was going to say basically the same thing. I hardly even remember he's on the team because it seems like teams are never throwing his way. I think he got the one pass interference penalty against pittsburgh and that was about the only time he was mentioned. Not like the other dudes who were getting torched all game long.

Benjamin says Browns can turn it around “with the right staff”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/11/16/benjamin-says-browns-can-turn-it-around-with-the-right-staff/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

Browns wide receiver Travis Benjamin delivered an interesting answer Monday when reporters asked him about his football future.
Per Nate Ulrich of the Akron Beacon Journal, Benjamin responded to a question about the Browns’ poor record changing his personal outlook for the future by saying, in part, that “as long as we get the right pieces in here and the right staff and anything we need to make this team great, I’m willing to stick by for the long haul.”
The current coaching staff won’t much like “the right staff” part.
It’s just a quote, one that history says will be followed with some sort of clarification. These things happen, especially during 2-8 seasons.
Benjamin’s breakout season has come in the final season of his rookie contract. He’s been especially productive with Johnny Manziel at quarterback and had his third game of 100-plus yards receiving in Sunday’s loss at Pittsburgh. Benjamin had 2 touchdown catches in Manziel’s first start of the season in Week 2. On the season, Benjamin has 48 catches for 736 yards and 4 touchdowns.
Benjamin was a fourth-round pick in 2012; that was two Browns administrations ago. Though Benjamin has always been a dangerous return man, his previous career best for receptions in a season was 18.

Benjamin is right. It is the coaching staff for the most part that is the weakness of this team. There is talent here. Can they use more at certain spots? Certainly. Do they need people to stay healthy? Surely. Could this be a good team with the talent that is here? Absolutely. A couple of offensive playmakers couldn't hurt. But we have a GM that doesn't believe in drafting playmakers. To him the playmakers are the OL and DTs......which we do need good ones at those spots....but they need help. They need better schemes, they need better offensive skill players.

But we have a GM that doesn't believe in drafting playmakers. To him the playmakers are the OL and DTs......

I don't agree with this tbh Gip, I think it was purely a matter of stages, drafted lines and defense first, I think we'll see more playmakers now.

I don't agree with this tbh Gip, I think it was purely a matter of stages, drafted lines and defense first, I think we'll see more playmakers now.

Well, maybe. But figure this: when the Browns were drafting in 2014 I was watching. With their pick in the 3rd round I wanted them to draft Martavis Bryant from Clemson. Instead they took Terrence West. I thought....OK, they didn't get the guy I wanted, but they did draft an offensive skill player, so maybe they got a playmaker.

No. T. West....traded for a conditional 7th rounder to Tits. They cut him, so now we don't even get that 7th round pick.

A waste. We cannot trust Farmer to recognize offensive talent.

Hell.....just looking at the rankings put out by Kiper or CBS Sports told me that Bryant was rated a far better prospect coming out than West.

You and I just going by Kiper or CBS or etc. could have probably drafted better than Farmer. Though....getting Shelton was pretty much a consensus pick.

You mean the same metrics that show we have a top 3 offensive line? Yeah love those metrics.

Isn't being the best 2-3 defensive players on the Browns like being the skinniest guy to start the Biggest Loser.

I know you're just trying to pull a positive out of the shit show we saw Sunday, maybe I should clean my glasses. But I did see TWilliams called a time or two for PI. If he was our stand out DB I'm not passing out any compliments for that defense. That would be like calling Moe the smartest of the 3 Stooges.

I know you're just trying to pull a positive out of the shit show we saw Sunday, maybe I should clean my glasses. But I did see TWilliams called a time or two for PI. If he was our stand out DB I'm not passing out any compliments for that defense. That would be like calling Moe the smartest of the 3 Stooges.

It was 2

You mean the same metrics that show we have a top 3 offensive line? Yeah love those metrics.

Isn't being the best 2-3 defensive players on the Browns like being the skinniest guy to start the Biggest Loser.

no...I mean stats....like I posted.....

I knew you'd have nothing but a sideways comment....pretty much all you ever have to offer....

I guess its perspective...he did have a couple penalties, but I dont call a guy crap or washed up because of couple penalties(call me crazy)....especially when one was a blatantly bad call, if you were watching youd know that(in fact, he was the one interferred with).....and, considering he only has 3 penalties the entire season, Im not quick to jump his ass because 2 of em came in one game ....esp a game he's playing out of position....

and, Id say, giving up 2 passes for 23 yards is pretty freaking great in a game that the opposing QB hit over 30 passes for almost 400 yards...(call me crazy again)...(and you call it getting torched..23 yds...2 passes)

call him washed up if you want...but Im thinking there is no legit statistical reason or critical thinking being used to arrive at that.....

I guess its perspective...he did have a couple penalties, but I dont call a guy crap or washed up because of couple penalties(call me crazy)....especially when one was a blatantly bad call, if you were watching youd know that(in fact, he was the one interferred with).....and, considering he only has 3 penalties the entire season, Im not quick to jump his ass because 2 of em came in one game ....esp a game he's playing out of position....

and, Id say, giving up 2 passes for 23 yards is pretty freaking great in a game that the opposing QB hit over 30 passes for almost 400 yards...(call me crazy again)...(and you call it getting torched..23 yds...2 passes)

call him washed up if you want...but Im thinking there is no legit statistical reason or critical thinking being used to arrive at that.....

If you want to say he's the bright spot on the D you might be right. Johnny was the bright spot on the O, but all we're doing is polishing that turd of a game. I really don't think highly of any player whining to the media about the team either. T Williams isn't washed up, but a CB at age 32 (33 in March) is getting up there. His best days are behind him.

Archived