THE BROWNS BOARD

Worse than the Taliban

Westside Steve

I don't blame Ben for that in the same fashion that I don't blame or Osama bin Laden for American citizens joining the Taliban.

And yes, old pal, I would respond fuc Tennessee. Fuck them in the ass with a pine cone.

And regardless of the proximity or the success of the shittsburgh squealers I have no more respect for their Ohio born fan's then I do for the jerk off with a Dallas, Seattle, New England, Green Bay, 49ers, Steelers or dolphins Jersey hanging in his fucking closet.

Nobody wants to play in Cleveland because this team is unfortunately dispirited now. It has nothing to do with the city and if it did who the hell would want to play in Minnesota, Wisconsin or Pittsburgh?

I don't listen to any New York Giants news or Tennessee Titans news or Atlanta Falcons news. But I listen to a lot of Cleveland Browns stuff and I'm particularly disgusted by the hateful nature of many of the fans. I'm guessing its the same everywhere but if it isn't, and we are actually Worse, I can pretty easily see why very few players feel a kinship to this football community. If I grew up elsewhere and went to college hundreds of miles away and came to a City where I was insulted boo'd flipped off and called shitty names every fucking day why should I love those cocksuckers in the stands?

Just me, personally, I will never really be bored with the Cleveland Browns even though it may be painful to watch. I will never give up or trade them then for another team. I can respect Pittsburgh fans who were born there but not Pittsburgh fans that were born here.

WSS

Stuart

That the price a franchise pays for being perennial losers.

The same thing happened in Western Pa. After 37 of Steeler losing, much of Western Pa became Browns country...browns fans that were born there. Hell, even the sports writer for the Sharon (Pa.) Herald was a browns fan.

The Browns are mimicking the early Steelers. Browns fans always say "since 99 the browns have sucked", conveniently forgetting, or perhaps just unaware that the browns sucked before they moved to Baltimore...its like they picked up where they left off when they returned.

In 1990 they were 3-13, then 6-10, 7-9, 7-9, 11-5, 5-11. The few bright spots since 70 were the 1980 Kardiac Kids and the late 80's Kosar years.

Steve,

there will always be weird fans, in fact, most football fans are weird in one way or another. The Cleveland resident who cheers for the Steelers isn't despicable, he's just a fan.

Sports fans by and large really are simpletons. Far too many have attached their outlook in life to the W-L record of their favorite team. For those type of fans, the Cleveland Browns are a natural turn-off. But let's be honest, much of the Browns rich fan support came from years of winning, and people jumping on that bandwagon. You have people here that are every bit as fucked up as "Ben", just from the perspective of being homers who get into a rage if someone doens't speak words they want to hear.

Look at all the jackoffs getting pissed because I watch touchdown makers like Adrian Petersen, and then shake my head at why in the fuck would anyone waste a 1st round pick on a LT. It's as if Joe Thomas is the sacred second coming of Jim Brown.

I could never be a passionate fan of another team, and you surely know how I feel about the Steelers. But still, I admire what they have done for their city and their fans. Cleveland cannot latch on to such pride and herein lies the real issue.

Since Art Modell left, this franchise has been the biggest joke in the NFL. Browns fans don't deserve this, and for many, watching and supporting this team, especially for younger fans, is a public embarrassment. Here in TN when I tell people I am a Browns fan, the reaction is "what the hell?" Now, a lot of fans will read this and say Screw TN, but it isn't a Southerner's fault that the team highlight is Joe Thomas, and nobody west of Avon Lake really knows who that guy is.

Whatever Art Modell did, or was, he knew more about football than most people, and he was better for the Browns than all the horse's asses who came after him. Whatever derogatory remarks one might want attach to him, remember, the guys after him have all sucked his scraped nutsack. THAT is the problem. This team is no good. I don't believe anyone on the team wants to be in Cleveland. It just is no fun to watch the Browns. You can't blame "Ben" for that.

yeah, i am a browns fan but i admire what the steelers have done because i am a football fan also....they just get it where we don't. These are not the cleveland browns. This is still an expansion football team since 99. I have never seen this before since i have been watching football and that dates back to 1961 where an expansion team remains an expansion team like.....forever....It's tough to watch.

I don't blame Ben for that in the same fashion that I don't blame or Osama bin Laden for American citizens joining the Taliban.

And yes, old pal, I would respond fuc Tennessee. Fuck them in the ass with a pine cone.

And regardless of the proximity or the success of the shittsburgh squealers I have no more respect for their Ohio born fan's then I do for the jerk off with a Dallas, Seattle, New England, Green Bay, 49ers, Steelers or dolphins Jersey hanging in his fucking closet.

Nobody wants to play in Cleveland because this team is unfortunately dispirited now. It has nothing to do with the city and if it did who the hell would want to play in Minnesota, Wisconsin or Pittsburgh?

I don't listen to any New York Giants news or Tennessee Titans news or Atlanta Falcons news. But I listen to a lot of Cleveland Browns stuff and I'm particularly disgusted by the hateful nature of many of the fans. I'm guessing its the same everywhere but if it isn't, and we are actually Worse, I can pretty easily see why very few players feel a kinship to this football community. If I grew up elsewhere and went to college hundreds of miles away and came to a City where I was insulted boo'd flipped off and called shitty names every fucking day why should I love those cocksuckers in the stands?

Just me, personally, I will never really be bored with the Cleveland Browns even though it may be painful to watch. I will never give up or trade them then for another team. I can respect Pittsburgh fans who were born there but not Pittsburgh fans that were born here.

WSS

To be fair.....any disrespect that these players feel, it is because they earned it.

If they played the same horrible fashion in any city they would get the same reception.....probably worse in most.

Or, rather, they would probably be met with a lot of apathy.....

Imagine if the Steelers were to have like 6-8 bad losing seasons in a row. Steeler players would NOT have to worry about being called names or be insulted or be flipped off.......there would be practically no one in that stadium to do that to them.

And the same pretty much in a lot of places. In Cleveland....they get an emotional reaction. Elsewhere they get the cold shoulder.

Stuart

That the price a franchise pays for being perennial losers.

The same thing happened in Western Pa. After 37 of Steeler losing, much of Western Pa became Browns country...browns fans that were born there. Hell, even the sports writer for the Sharon (Pa.) Herald was a browns fan.

The Browns are mimicking the early Steelers. Browns fans always say "since 99 the browns have sucked", conveniently forgetting, or perhaps just unaware that the browns sucked before they moved to Baltimore...its like they picked up where they left off when they returned.

In 1990 they were 3-13, then 6-10, 7-9, 7-9, 11-5, 5-11. The few bright spots since 70 were the 1980 Kardiac Kids and the late 80's Kosar years.

The Browns NEVER moved to Baltimore. Just get that fact straight.

The Browns NEVER moved to Baltimore. Just get that fact straight.

It's a technicality there. It took lots of legwork and a court order to keep the Browns here.

Our football team moved there for sure. Still as painful now as it was then, and we're still waiting for good football.

Since Art Modell left, this franchise has been the biggest joke in the NFL. Browns fans don't deserve this, and for many, watching and supporting this team, especially for younger fans, is a public embarrassment. Here in TN when I tell people I am a Browns fan, the reaction is "what the hell?" Now, a lot of fans will read this and say Screw TN, but it isn't a Southerner's fault that the team highlight is Joe Thomas, and nobody west of Avon Lake really knows who that guy is.

Whatever Art Modell did, or was, he knew more about football than most people, and he was better for the Browns than all the horse's asses who came after him. Whatever derogatory remarks one might want attach to him, remember, the guys after him have all sucked his scraped nutsack. THAT is the problem. This team is no good. I don't believe anyone on the team wants to be in Cleveland. It just is no fun to watch the Browns. You can't blame "Ben" for that.

You really just wrote that?

He fired two of the best football minds of all time in Paul Brown & Bill Belichick. I won't get into editorializing anything else, because it pisses me off so bad.

It's a technicality there. It took lots of legwork and a court order to keep the Browns here.

Our football team moved there for sure. Still as painful now as it was then, and we're still waiting for good football.

The franchise did NOT move. It is not a technicality. It was far more substantive.

And really not that much of that "team" even moved there. The former owner moved. The coaches of the Browns did not go with him. They were all let go.

Some players did, maybe half originally had their contracts assigned to the Ravens franchise......but 95% of the 1995 Browns roster was not on the Ravens roster in two years.

NO front office personnell went there even except the PR director, Kevin Byrne. Ozzie Newsome was hired afterwards.

Very little equipment was moved. Most of it stayed in Berea. Maybe Modell and Byrne moved their desks.

Honestly.....the problems with this football team cannot be blamed now on that situation. It has just been ineptly run. We got unlucky to have had Al Lerner die....and have Randy be aloof to the whole NFL ownership thing. And Haslam is not starting out very well.

Whomever any of these owners hire to run this team have just been horrible.

I think people take sports too seriously. I have hated some players of the Steelers over the years but for a long time I have never really "hated" the team or organization since I was a little kid and had my ego wrapped up in professional sports. I'm never going to be an outright fan of any team besides the Browns, that's locked in stone....but i'm not going to begrudge other teams their success. Like the Bengals now, i'm happy that another OH team is playing well and I hope some people in Berea are paying attention. But i'm not a Bengals fan, really don't care they lost last night.

The only professional sports franchise I truly do not like are the Patriots, for obvious reasons.

You really just wrote that?

He fired two of the best football minds of all time in Paul Brown & Bill Belichick. I won't get into editorializing anything else, because it pisses me off so bad.

I agree- Model will go down in history as having fired TWO HOF coaches. He was such a great businessman, he was forced to sell off his franchise even after getting- at the time the record bribe to move in NFL history.

Archived