THE BROWNS BOARD

2015 Browns: Third worst Defense in Franchise History

MDDawg

In points allowed. It's actually the 2nd worst if you excuse the expansion team defense of 1999.

1990--28.9 ppg
1999--27.3 ppg
2015--27.0 ppg
2000--26.8 ppg

1975--26.6 ppg
2013--25.4 ppg
1974--24.6 ppg

Pettine was given the rope to hang himself: all the free agent signings and draft picks he desired to manufacture his "ball hawking" defense, Instead we're served this putrid mess.

Stats courtesy of kosartoslaughter at OBR

Despite all the talk about Johnny it is the defense that will cost Pettine his job at the end of the year.

If we had an elite D and a struggling O, Pettine would be fine, and we'd basically be the Jets/Rams (of a year ago), and we'd cycle through OCs. Not getting the D fixed will cost Pett his job, next year if not this.

I dont know what the issue is, but its definitely what have you done for me lately....

2013....Browns were near the bottom at 25 ppg

2014....Pettine is a genius and were near the top at 21 ppg

2015....Pettine is a dumb ass cause were back down at 27 ppg....

I dont know what the issue is, but its definitely what have you done for me lately....

Nepotism is the issue, puttng O'Neill in a position he wasn't qualified for.

2014 We played the scrubbiest offenses of all time though too.

Skrine played better than Tramon.

This is what I eluded to in a previous post. So many people want to talk about the QB position, but in reality, it's our defense that's going to be the reason Pettine will be gone. Whether it's after this year, or the next, if you have a defensive coach that can't produce a DECENT defense, than what good is he? Sure, the first year I think any coach gets kind of a break, but when the second is actually WORSE than the first...I mean...how do you justify keeping him? And Pettine's futility couldn't come at a worse time because this team so desperately needs CONTINUITY. We actually NEED the same people in place in order to make some damn progress. But how can we justify keeping the same people that are driving this team further and further into the ground? I HATE starting over, hate it so much. But what choice is Pettine giving us? We don't stop the run, we don't get to the QB, and we don't get off the field on 3rd down. Add in the fact that we don't seem to be able to draft play makers...and it's the perfect crap storm.

The only hope we have is some kind of miraculous turnaround. Remember when Mangini won 5 games or so at the end? We need something like that, because we need to keep the same people around. But we have to have a reason to keep them...we must have some progress made.

Pettine was given the rope to hang himself: all the free agent signings and draft picks he desired to manufacture his "ball hawking" defense

Your saying that Pettine drafted all of these guys?

So what are we paying Farmer for?

hey big mouths.

who says pettine gets fired at the end of the year?

who says farmer gets fired at the end of the year.

put your money where your mouth is.

i bet beer or booze. if you ain't man enough to stand behind your words then say so cuz i'm calling you out. opal, london, MC.......what? what??

:D What's your favorite beer mik? 6 bucks towards however much that buys you that Farmer has seen his last Browns draft. I'll spend my 6 bucks on one bottle of this.

http://www.totalwine.com/beer/ale/belgian-style-ale/quadrupel/rochefort-10-trappist-ale/p/14387127?s=510&igrules=true

PS-or double that bet and I'll spoil my son in law with one too. :P :P

hey big mouths.

i bet beer or booze. if you ain't man enough to stand behind your words then say so cuz i'm calling you out. opal, london, MC.......what? what??

Farmer must go

O'Neil must go

if O'Neil is still here then

Pettine must go

Shrine 12 penalties in 2014, Haden 11....hmmmm

Actually....Skrine had 17 penalties(most in the league) and Haden had 10....but who's counting?

Id add, that Haden also covered all the #1 top receivers, while Skrine took the scrubs.......flip those 2 around and Skrine probably has 50 penalties and gives up 50 TD's too.....

In points allowed. It's actually the 2nd worst if you excuse the expansion team defense of 1999.

1990--28.9 ppg

1999--27.3 ppg

2015--27.0 ppg

2000--26.8 ppg

1975--26.6 ppg

2013--25.4 ppg

1974--24.6 ppg

Pettine was given the rope to hang himself: all the free agent signings and draft picks he desired to manufacture his "ball hawking" defense, Instead we're served this putrid mess.

Stats courtesy of kosartoslaughter at OBR

And my belief is that he in fact has overall good personell on this defense. It is piss poor utilization of that personnell.

hey big mouths.

I am not sure he is saying they will get fired.....he is saying they should get fired. Big difference.

Actually....Skrine had 17 penalties(most in the league) and Haden had 10....but who's counting?

Id add, that Haden also covered all the #1 top receivers, while Skrine took the scrubs.......flip those 2 around and Skrine probably has 50 penalties and gives up 50 TD's too.....

Sorry Pro Football Reference has 12 accepted on Skrine 9 accepted on Haden. But that was probably coach's fault too.

Sorry Pro Football Reference has 12 accepted on Skrine 9 accepted on Haden. But that was probably coach's fault too.

Well your #'s are still wrong...but I dont care about "accepted"(talk about twisting stats) ....But Ill correct it...

Skrine was flagged 17 times.....that means he committed 17 fouls.....Haden only 10....better?

And I think it's hilarious that you use a spec from PFF, when you are all over this board ripping everyone who uses it and saying its worthless....

Way to go!

Well your #'s are still wrong...but I dont care about "accepted"(talk about twisting stats) ....But Ill correct it...

Skrine was flagged 17 times.....that means he committed 17 fouls.....Haden only 10....better?

And I think it's hilarious that you use a spec from PFF, when you are all over this board ripping everyone who uses it and saying its worthless....

Way to go!

Pro Football Focus = Pro Football Reference okie dokie

Archived