THE BROWNS BOARD

Bernie wants the job.....

Mudfly

He needs to be asst offensive coordinator....

to Flip.

Let Kosar call the plays.

Let him scout for the wr's in the draft.

He would do a ton of great things for the Browns.

And GM? In a freaking heartbeat.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There was a personnel director that stepped down a month ago that kept old browns players out since our return. Old browns were disgusted with new reshime.Hell yes you find Bernie a spot than hope more old browns players follow... Than Draft The Talent We Need to fix this mess. Can these coaches win with better talent? I got no for now...

There are a few former players that are now a GM or involved with player acquisitions, but they are in the minority.

Off the top of my head I can only think of:

Marvin Lewis

Ozzy Newsome

John Elway

Ray Farmer

Steve Keim

Oh I wouldn't be surprised that many GM's had played some ball but I'm just saying a great player, which includes Ozzy and Elway, but...

( maybe your other three guys were great, I don't remember and too lazy to look them up)

WSS

I undersgtand the love affair with Kosar but there is nothing to suggest that he has the skill to be the "businessman" to fill this position. He was maybe a top ten QB in the 80's, and the darling on the only team to give Browns fans something to cheer about for the last 50 years, but that doesn't mean a thing when it comes to the position of GM of an NFL franchise.

Nobody wants a goddamn steeler fan's opinion.

At this point what can it hurt? Seriously.

Another statement of, "let's take a chance (on somebody)

Question: At least to the fans, is this organization THAT desperate?

Answer: Clearly "Yes"

Maybe Bernie should be 'shut off' by the organization in the same way they did it to Jim Brown (at least, temporarily).

To me, he seems to be a 'charity' case in the same way Derek Sanderson was with the Bruins.

I like Bernie. He played hard and gave fans many thrills.

Let him be...........................

Oh I wouldn't be surprised that many GM's had played some ball but I'm just saying a great player, which includes Ozzy and Elway, but...

( maybe your other three guys were great, I don't remember and too lazy to look them up)

WSS

Plus I wonder if any of them, great average or suck had been out of professional football as long as Bernie.

WSS

. I would go as far as stupid in saying bring him in after week 9 into bye. Name a gm that wants to be here ? & you don't start prepping a draft at the end of a season with no gm. Bernie can scout needs & Pet as a coach & his staff..

WSS

Elway & Ozzy are really the only 2 standouts as both players and GM's.

Keim was a lousy player but a pretty good GM (Arizona FO).

Marvin Lewis was an ok DB for the Jets, and probably a better personnel guy than HC.

Then we have Ray Farmer, who was a lousy linebacker and lousy GM.

Pretty sure the jury is still out on Elway as he has been GM less than two years...

But even at that he was in a different Bronco role for 3 years and owned/ran the city's arena franchise for a few years before that... not to mention a number of local businesses.

. I would go as far as stupid in saying bring him in after week 9 into bye. Name a gm that wants to be here ? & you don't start prepping a draft at the end of a season with no gm. Bernie can scout needs & Pet as a coach & his staff..

Except we have a GM...

Pretty sure the jury is still out on Elway as he has been GM less than two years...But even at that he was in a different Bronco role for 3 years and owned/ran the city's arena franchise for a few years before that... not to mention a number of local businesses.

Elway has been in the Denver FO for like 4-5 years, but I'm not sure in what capacity.

So I would have to agree with your assessment that the jury is still out on his GM duties.

Watch your mouth punk! And there is no such thing, God loves winners and hates losers.......you'll enjoy hell......you're used to it :D

Say what? I've got the Cavs my friend. And the National champion buckeyes. You've got a state full of rape on both the college and professional level. But as far as steeler trolls go I usually hate you least.

I would love having Bernie be involved, maybe not as GM but as some sort of consultant. I'm not sure how great he is at scouting talent but he is great at reading offenses and defenses and can really help our young coordinators out, especially O'Neil. This is a guy who actually does care for the Cleveland Browns and would help change the losing culture in the organization.

Agree 100%. Our inexperienced HC & Coordinators would benefit greatly from Bernie's input, IF they would accept & learn from it.

Mike

I'm sorry but if you seriously think Bernie would make a good GM you are severely impaired. You have a man crush on a decent QB , a horrible businessman and a chemically addicted shell of a man. Given the choice of him or Manning if you choose him please give your keys to the designated driver immediately.

If I owned the team, Bernie would have a role.

But I am a fan, and Jimmy owns the team. No way he would hand the team over to a guy who has been out of football for 20 years.

I think Bernie knows what the hell he is talking about ... but it doesn't matter. It's gonna be Jimmy and his guys.

Zombo

Neither is Ray Farmer

more qualified than you or me OR bernie kosar. how many years has bernie put in as a scout in the NFL? (chirp. chirp.)

Elway & Ozzy are really the only 2 standouts as both players and GM's.

Keim was a lousy player but a pretty good GM (Arizona FO).

Marvin Lewis was an ok DB for the Jets, and probably a better personnel guy than HC.

Then we have Ray Farmer, who was a lousy linebacker and lousy GM.

was a lousy GM? i think he's still employed by the browns. and btw the manziel pick was not his but haslam's. can people get that through their heads?

Our pal Ray Farmer played 3 seasons and had 2 sacks, he was quite the player back in the day.

3 more seasons than you + 2 sacks. thank god we don't have idiots like you on the browns staff. yeah jimmy, not only take advice from a homeless guy when picking our next franchise QB, but let some loudmouth fan from columbus tell you how to run your biz. while jimmy is the 'real' col. sanders, you sir are a cheap unfunny or smart norm look-alike.

el douche should google "nfl quarterbacks who assault women in restrooms"...

nah, he's a squealer fan, too cowardly.

Here ya go:

Accuser: Big Ben Assaulted Me in Bathroom |...
www.tmz.com/...roethlisberger-bathroom-sexual-assault...

Mar 04, 2010 · The woman accusing Ben Roethlisberger of sexual assault told police the whole thing went down inside the women's restroom of a Georgia nightclub. Law ...

Ben Roethlisberger Sexual Assault? Woman Accuses...
www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/03/05/ben-roethlisberger...

May 04, 2010 · A woman has accused Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger ... assault took place in the bathroom ... assault before: in 2009, awoman ...

3 more seasons than you + 2 sacks. thank god we don't have idiots like you on the browns staff. yeah jimmy, not only take advice from a homeless guy when picking our next franchise QB, but let some loudmouth fan from columbus tell you how to run your biz. while jimmy is the 'real' col. sanders, you sir are a cheap unfunny or smart norm look-alike.

What? In my post i gave no suggestion to hire Bernie or other advice for Jimmy, WSS said he didn't know how Ray Farmers playing career went, and I stated how it went.

Archived