THE BROWNS BOARD

Joe Thomas

Tim Couch Pulls Out

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm hoping the broncos called, and ray said "we want a first...and a second..." "OK" "...and then throw in your linebacker as well..." "umm..." "...and give us a 4th while you're at it"

Just to fuck with the broncos. Because the alternative - that he was seriously considering trading JT - is a bit troublesome. You can trade just about anyone on this team, but trade JT and there will be a full scale revolt.

You know what they say about sun shines and dogs asses. And you, my friend, are a huge dog's ass ;) Chris

well, you are what comes out of the huge dogs ass.

(now, how the hell can I UN-good job that post.......dammit....) B)

um no they don't. Seriously. No they don't. They've got a few players that deserve honorable mentions

Talent evaluation wise at the beginning of the year....yes, they do. But a few things have occurred: Injuries have diminished a few good players......like Joe Haden.

And bad coaching begets bad playing. Its like a movie.....you can have some of the greatest acting talent up on that screen, but if the writing for that movie is piss poor (say GM) .....and the directing of those great actors is piss poor (coaching)....you have a bad movie. Great actors cannot cure it.

Like some of these:

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/10-terrible-films-starring-great-actors-20150324

Gip, you do realize who it is your use of the "movie thing" puts you in the company of... don't you?

And no, it's not WestSideSteve...

Talent evaluation wise at the beginning of the year....yes, they do. But a few things have occurred: Injuries have diminished a few good players......like Joe Haden.

And bad coaching begets bad playing. Its like a movie.....you can have some of the greatest acting talent up on that screen, but if the writing for that movie is piss poor (say GM) .....and the directing of those great actors is piss poor (coaching)....you have a bad movie. Great actors cannot cure it.

Like some of these:

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/10-terrible-films-starring-great-actors-20150324

i'm sorry I've seen too many of our guys beat in situaitons where scheme didn't matter, it was just a matter of beating the guy infront of you. I know they've been using Kruger horrendously, I do not fault him for getting beat in the flat or across the middle by a good TE. It's absurd we're even talking about him being used like that....however, I've just seen him beat too much at the point..even by TE's. And receiving TE's at that. When teams can nullify your edges with TE's, means they're sending the lineman to the 2nd level. That's SHIT. And I see this kind of base ineptitude over a lot of our players, mostly defense but the offensive lineman are also getting beasted one up.

...however, I've just seen him beat too much at the point..even by TE's.

There it is.....watch him and you will see him get blocked, boxed out and beaten on almost every single play......

Heck, Justin Gilbert has one less tackle than Kruger and he's only played ST.....

400+ snaps and only 9 tackles......n-i-n-e....

NOPE.

Deal didn't get done in time, despite being reported by ESPN.

HAHA FUCK YOU DENVER.

Great comment from cleveland.com

what Ray didnt say in his presser was that the Thomas to Denver deal fell through because he asked the Broncos to make the picks for him

There it is.....watch him and you will see him get blocked, boxed out and beaten on almost every single play......

Heck, Justin Gilbert has one less tackle than Kruger and he's only played ST.....

400+ snaps and only 9 tackles......n-i-n-e....

Gtfo....one less. Sucks we couldn't move him but fuck who wants him? Now watch him go somewhere next year where they convert him to a DE and have a Jared Allen like resurgence. Speaking of which, that fucker still has some shit left in his tank. Carolina can't leave him in there all game like they did on Monday, all those guys gassed out. But fuck me Jared Allen kind of looks like he's got his old pop back. I fail to see how Kruger looks less powerful and explosive off the line even when he has his hands down....than a 33 year old Allen who looks like he should be playing in a band with westside at this point.

Like some of these:

Like some of these:

kind of reminds me of the movie the dirty dozen...how many incredible actors were in that movie and it worked because of the writing and directing etc etc. it worked well. if you had a bad script the opposite would have occured...

kind of reminds me of the movie the dirty dozen...how many incredible actors were in that movie and it worked because of the writing and directing etc etc. it worked well. if you had a bad script the opposite would have occured...

let me add, if lee marvin were still alive i'd want him as our gm.

Today? None I can think of, but over time?

Munoz... Ogden... Pace... Jones... All were in the same class as Joe as a pass blocker and all were also road graders.

None Correct. JT Wins. You add in his durability playing with dinks and never missing a start compared to list above JT stands alone.

None Correct. JT Wins. You add in his durability playing with dinks and never missing a start compared to list above JT stands alone.

Over Munoz?? No way.

Over Munoz?? No way.

Who Nat, Who Nat, WHO NAT says JT don't beat a Cinnanasty Bengal. Never heard of him ;) My leg still hurts just watching his..

Breaking news Joe Thomas makes 10th consecutive Pro Bowl in 2016, Browns finish 5-11 and ranked 30th in rush ypg.

What a dick.

Stop dogging JT it's not his fault everybody else sucks, he doesn't.

What's your point? Joe Thomas isn't contributing to wins?

What a dick.

Stop dogging JT it's not his fault everybody else sucks, he doesn't.

What's your point? Joe Thomas isn't contributing to wins?

Not dogging Thomas at all but this team has had a Pro Bowl LT for 8 years and that has gotten them nowhere. They need talent and depth and paying a LT $10 million to pass protect for nobody seems like a waste. Joe deserves to get a shot at winning and I'd wish him well but for the organization to continue to hang their hat on one guy gets the team nowhere.

So, we should just trade away our most talented players in an effort to get better???

I dont think thats ever happened in the history of the league....

Really, who trades away a sure shot HOFer?.....especially one who loves his team and wants to stay??

And the contract doesnt matter(not a waste).....its not like we are cash strapped or need it for some better talent thats in waiting....

Not dogging Thomas at all but this team has had a Pro Bowl LT for 8 years and that has gotten them nowhere. They need talent and depth and paying a LT $10 million to pass protect for nobody seems like a waste. Joe deserves to get a shot at winning and I'd wish him well but for the organization to continue to hang their hat on one guy gets the team nowhere.

If we can get a mildly competent team he'd be a bigger difference maker, I don't think we're that far off from being mildly competent really.

Trading him off for a couple low end picks would probably do us more harm than good regardless.

If he was gone our OL depth basically decreases to 0.

So, we should just trade away our most talented players in an effort to get better???

I dont think thats ever happened in the history of the league....

Really, who trades away a sure shot HOFer?.....especially one who loves his team and wants to stay??

And the contract doesnt matter(not a waste).....its not like we are cash strapped or need it for some better talent thats in waiting....

A bird in the hand

Archived