THE BROWNS BOARD

Joe Thomas

Tim Couch Pulls Out

Ya, seems kinda mean now ... I will update it.

The "NOT" helped a little...

In a way, he sort of reminds me of the horse from "Animal Farm". He'll be loyal to the Browns cause until he physically can't play anymore, then we'll ship him off to the glue factory in Jacksonville or Oakland or San Francisco for like a 4th rounder or something.

Not everyday we get and Orwell allusion 'round these parts...

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wait, was this another "Fans quote gossip monger media statements as fact" thing again?

To quote Bob Dylan......"When will we ever learn..."

Mike

I didn't understand the rationale behind this idea anyway. Why trade a elite LT that wants to be on your team? Glad you guys got to keep your guy.

I think it was more of a "Denver's talking so we'll listen" not like we were actively shopping him.

Everybody is expendable for the right price, luckily we're smart enough to value him high (though who wouldn't be)

I think it was more of a "Denver's talking so we'll listen" not like we were actively shopping him.

Everybody is expendable for the right price, luckily we're smart enough to value him high (though who wouldn't be)

Makes sense. I guess I assumed he was actively being shopped aggressively. ESPN likes to throw around assumptions lol. Good for Browns fans that the Browns stuck to their asking price.

How is it any different than "fan doesn't like (so-and-so), he should be fired?"

I posted an apology that I over reacted to what I SAW that angered me. Totally different than quoting the medias bullshit.

Wouldn't care if they traded Thomas. It appears by the time they get the QB and WRs they need he'll be long in the tooth and expensive.

Wouldn't care if they traded Thomas. It appears by the time they get the QB and WRs they need he'll be long in the tooth and expensive.

great point...this team is soooooo far from being a playoff contender. If they ever do become one, joe will be old and we will probably need to find another lt.We just can't sync up when we get a couple pieces together...we simply cannot find the other parts needed to become a whole. We always have 2 or 3 probowlers and then we go thru 8-9 seasons of bullshit football because we can't find the other parts and meanwhile those 2-3, 3-4 good players start getting old and have to be replaced. And the whole cycle starts over again...it's crazy...

Joe Thomas is not an elite run blocker. Id say hes an average at best run blocker on a team who that has to run the ball to be competitive.

He's a good,not average, run blocker and an elite pass blocker.

Elite pass blocker is the most important quality for the blind side tackle to have.

Baloney. Just last year, he was the best run blocker. Give the rest of us a break from the nonsense already. :mad:

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2014/12/cleveland_browns_joe_thomas.html

"The season will end with an eighth consecutive trip to the Pro Bowl for No. 73. He's not only ProFootballFocus.com's highest-rated tackle, but its top-rated offensive player. He's performed at a high level while undergoing the biggest schematic chance of his career.

New offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan prefers a wide-zone blocking scheme for his run game. Thomas estimates the Browns ran such plays maybe five times a season in past years. They employed it about 20 times a game this campaign.

How did it impact Thomas? Best known for his pass protection, he's the NFL's top-rated, run-blocking tackle, according to ProFootballFocus.

"There's a reason that he's one of, if not, the best to play the position," Shanahan said."

OMG! I didn't realize a VERIFIED Espn reporter is totally credible!! LMAO

Actually, they are. The list of verified news personnel is perpetually curated on social media sites for this exact reason.

I get that you're old, but at least plead ignorance when it comes to that there newfangled social mediums. Things are different nowadays, pop pop.

"The season will end with an eighth consecutive trip to the Pro Bowl for No. 73. He's not only ProFootballFocus.com's highest-rated tackle, but its top-rated offensive player. He's performed at a high level while undergoing the biggest schematic chance of his career."

Well that scheme was the ZBS which is a lot like pass blocking...

As said he's an elite pass blocker with excellent technique. The ZBS gave him angles to make blocks... suited him perfectly. He is a very good run blocker that the ZBS makes better.

It's power blocking that is not Joe's thing... It's not like he's a powderpuff, but he's no roadgrader either.

Agreed - Joe is no roadgrader, but I figure there is no roadgrader in the NFL,

who can also do what Joe does. Surely the abilities are mutually exclusive.

Actually, they are. The list of verified news personnel is perpetually curated on social media sites for this exact reason.

I get that you're old, but at least plead ignorance when it comes to that there newfangled social mediums. Things are different nowadays, pop pop.

My experience is that today's media has far less credibility than in the past. NFL Network & others actually posted the Browns' re-signing of Jordan Cameron just before he signed with Miami. That's just ONE example. You & I simply chose to disagree. I can tolerate that. What I have a hard time tolerating is your arrogant, know it all attitude, & lack of respect for others. I find your penchant for childish insults & name calling almost humorous, but then I just consider the source. As we used to say in the Army, you wouldn't make a pimple on a good man's ass.

Mike

My experience is that today's media has far less credibility than in the past. NFL Network & others actually posted the Browns' re-signing of Jordan Cameron just before he signed with Miami. That's just ONE example. You & I simply chose to disagree. I can tolerate that. What I have a hard time tolerating is your arrogant, know it all attitude, & lack of respect for others. I find your penchant for childish insults & name calling almost humorous, but then I just consider the source. As we used to say in the Army, you wouldn't make a pimple on a good man's ass.

Mike

I have a hard time tolerating irrational and illogical thinking, so I guess we can call it even.

I have a hard time tolerating irrational and illogical thinking, so I guess we can call it even.

OK, we'll call it even & let's both understand that we won't always agree OR disagree but we both can do so in a more civil fashion, so how about we shake hands & move forward with no hard feelings.

Mike

I think I'm just going to keep the headline the way it is to freak out some people.

Zombo

F-U.

Honestly, I'm a little bummed that he didn't get traded to Denver or another playoff bound team.. JT has been such a great player his entire career and a class act; he deserves to win something, and he sure as shit isn't going to win with the Browns anytime soon.

In a way, he sort of reminds me of the horse from "Animal Farm". He'll be loyal to the Browns cause until he physically can't play anymore, then we'll ship him off to the glue factory in Jacksonville or Oakland or San Francisco for like a 4th rounder or something.

That really worked out well for Phil Dawson. Gonna end his career on another dumpster fire team in another city. And SF ain't all it's cracked up to be.

Joe Thomas is not an elite run blocker. Id say hes an average at best run blocker on a team who that has to run the ball to be competitive.

He's ranked #2 run blocker in the league.....again.....

He's a good,not average, run blocker and an elite pass blocker.

lets just say it.....He's elite....across the board.....none better

Baloney. Just last year, he was the best run blocker. Give the rest of us a break from the nonsense already. :mad:

This year #2....must be slipping.......;)

Trade Joe Thomas crowd = Looney.

Omg.....I agree......miracles DO happen.....

TC...

Is it wrong to think that there is a lot more unverified reporting these days? That second sources are optional and the need to be first often trumps the need to be right?

Agreed - Joe is no roadgrader, but I figure there is no roadgrader in the NFL, who can also do what Joe does. Surely the abilities are mutually exclusive.

Today? None I can think of, but over time?

Munoz... Ogden... Pace... Jones... All were in the same class as Joe as a pass blocker and all were also road graders.

If we gave up JT + a 3rd, for Denver's 1st and 2nd - I would be in the crowd of torches and pitchforks for Farmer's head.

Earlier report said we wanted 1st + Shaq Barrett, something like that is probably closer to the truth of what we would have taken for JT.

If they thought Denver would part with one of their starting OLB'ers, and a stud too, in the middle of a SB hunt? OUr team is run by factual nitwits. No business being around any football operations whatsoever.

Archived