Photo

What's your favorite vacation or getaway place?

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#41 mjp28

mjp28

Pro Veteran

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,823 posts
  • Interests:SPORTS, good restaurants or cooking out, premium cigars among others

Posted 21 February 2017 - 02:09 PM

We couldnt have guns in Massachusetts but grew up outside down by the river, pond, brook or lake.

I guess after the Minuteman guns were banned there. :lol:

#42 The Cysko Kid

The Cysko Kid

Number Hangs in the Rafters

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,645 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 08:36 PM

In terms of somewhere I like to return to over and over again it would have to be Myrtle Beach. I love Myrtle Beach. It's a perfect vacation destination, especially with young kids. It's not ridiculously expensive, there's a lot to do and it's familiar and comfortable.

#43 The Gipper

The Gipper

• REGISTERED
  • 37,445 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 08:46 AM

In terms of somewhere I like to return to over and over again it would have to be Myrtle Beach. I love Myrtle Beach. It's a perfect vacation destination, especially with young kids. It's not ridiculously expensive, there's a lot to do and it's familiar and comfortable.

Given you avatar I would have thought you'd say Waco.   That's pretty creepy dude.

#44 The Cysko Kid

The Cysko Kid

• REGISTERED
  • 13,645 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 11:36 AM

Yeah it's supposed to be. I suppose you cant see the buddy Jesus it's on.

#45 TexasAg1969

TexasAg1969

Legends Club

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,882 posts
  • Interests:Racquetball, football, reading, traveling and never-ending yard work.

Posted 17 April 2017 - 07:46 AM

If I had to chose one place (not counting Morocoy National Park on the coast of Venezuela because I can't go safely), it would be St. John Island, US Virgin Islands just for the wonderful snorkeling in so many places around the island. My kids still talk about that trip almost 30 years after the fact, because where else can you swim with barracudas and a fully mature queen anglefish all in one place. 

queen-angelfish-1-5394829.jpg

#46 The Gipper

The Gipper

• REGISTERED
  • 37,445 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 09:17 AM

If I had to chose one place (not counting Morocoy National Park on the coast of Venezuela because I can't go safely), it would be St. John Island, US Virgin Islands just for the wonderful snorkeling in so many places around the island. My kids still talk about that trip almost 30 years after the fact, because where else can you swim with barracudas and a fully mature queen anglefish all in one place. 

queen-angelfish-1-5394829.jpg

That's certainly a good choice.  One of my favorites.   Though the one bucket list trip I have to the Carrib is St. Croix....and maybe Puerto Rico.

#47 The Gipper

The Gipper

• REGISTERED
  • 37,445 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 09:27 AM

For you fishermen, I am going to southern Indiana later in the summer. Staying at a resort in French Lick, Indiana  (home of Larry Bird).   I am going to be doing some sightseeing with a friend, but I am also trying to get my son to go along, since we will have at least three days of "down time"  (i.e. days that we are not out hitting the road hard sightseeing). On these down days I have said to him that he could do fishing in nearby lakes/rivers.

Don't know if anyone knows anything about them:  Patoka Lake,   Tucker Lake,    French Lick Creek  ???

#48 syd

syd

Pro Rookie

• REGISTERED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 05:15 PM

pittsburgh,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,BWAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users